1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Customization after Creation

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Domi Dayglow, May 19, 2013.

1. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, I'd much rather pay a subscription for a quality game than play a free one that reminds me all the time of how broke my <REDACTED> is.
    Menchi and BonusStage like this.
  2. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

3. MMOPapa

Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

I see you point, but to be fair it wasn't directly related to the payment model, but whether character customization was appropriate post launch.

With that in mind I stick with my original statement that barbershop features should be available on launch in some form or another, regardless of delivery =)
    Kaizan likes this.
  5. MMOPapa

Aww, thanks Sol. :)
  6. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

lol I'll pay that =)
  7. Kaizan

Kaizan New Cupcake

I agree with Sol, having ingame character customization should be a feature included in a tripple A mmo on launch. Games that still charge for it are stuck in the dark ages.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

But your path is equivalent to being a secondary class. You should NOT be able to change it - unless you want to re-roll a new character. You can't all of a sudden as a Spellslinger go "oh i want to cast this spell, so i'm going to be an Esper now!" You can't all of a sudden decide, "oh, i'd rather go examine all these things in this raid instead of plant campfires for buffs" and change from settler to scientist!
    Dnevnoy likes this.
  9. Honour

Honour Cupcake

I'll be highly surprised if something like this ends up being missing from the game at launch, Carbine seem to be including every other base that people tend to want/expect from new MMOs.
  10. MMOPapa

I went to reply with something quirky... looked at the WildStar official path page and got side-tracked. It's been completely changed! :eek:
    Kataryna likes this.
  11. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

I definitely want to see name change and facial/hair/etc. customization after character creation. Too often I make some minor mistake in the rush to get going and am stuck with it from then on. I don't mind if they make those cash shop things, as GW2 did, so long as they are fairly reasonably priced, and there's no sub fee. If there's a sub fee then that sort of thing must be absolutely free.

But no, no Path changing, as the devs said, it's like a class, it's not something you're meant to shift at a whim. Maybe a ways down the road they could allow you to do some big quest to reorient, but ti shouldn't be effortless and shouldn't be at launch.