1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Customization Ideas

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Shady, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

So, I was thinking about how far we can go customizing characters, and I think we can go very far, and maybe if the devs look at this thread they'll get a couple of good ideas.

How to post?

Race Name - Customization Part - Description.
    If it can be applied to all races, Race Name = General.

Example:

Draken - Horns - Maybe we can customize the horns so that one of them is broken, or they only have one horn in the middle of their heads?
    Auryn likes this.
  2. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

All - General - Random button. Randomly display sliders results for height, color, hair, etc...

Reason - I might hit random when looking at making an alt and wanting to take less time, then adjust a little on how the character looks.

Allow for "back" or "previous" and "next" views so you can go back to a previous random display.

Reason - I have clicked random and passed a view I thought would have been OK but cant get back to it.

Just a few thoughts, not really big on looks at some point, I like the armor and helmets more and care less about hair, I mostly pick bald because I am bald and it turns on my wife that I am bald.

Sorry, did not narrow any piticular part that you might have wanted to discuss or follow your lead on the sample you provided.
  3. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Great input Aheadache, I myself sometimes hit the random button many times and find myself wanting to go to the previous random build.
    You actually followed the sample really nicely!
  4. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Getting my hands on character creation would tell me more of what I feel is missing about character creation ;-) The difference of the two aurin from the initial trailer and meet the exiles gives the impression that Carbine have been working hard on it already..
  5. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

I really hope that they don't overlook the potential they could have with prosthetic in a syfy game like this.

I really want a synthetic eye.
    [​IMG]
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Mechari - metal part and neon lights -for the neon lights i hope we can make them not just in 1 colour but multiple colours at different part of the body, for example head neon light is red while the body lights are more orange.

As for the metal part i hope we can make the mechari look either futuristic or a bit older, like scrap metal robots. That would be plain awesome, but most likely not going to happen.

and the robotic eye of the post above me is pretty nice 2.
  7. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

Aurin - More feral and beastlike options, including snarling, scarred/clawed, animalistic, angry or brutish faces. Matted, unkempt hairstyles. Different body structures, more muscle mass, hunched. Shorter, uglier tails of different animal species. Maybe tribal tattoo's or piercings.

I feel a race shouldn't be locked into specific looks or representations. The Aurin are nature orientated, I feel they shouldn't only have the option to look cute, prim and proper. As of what we've seen, they all look like humans with animal accessories. Who's to say there aren't more feral and tribal Aurin? Same with the Draken, I believe they should get the opposite of what I listed for the Aurin, more humanized and domesticated looks, I believe it would really broaden out the attraction of these races to a larger audience. I know if Aurin got more feral options, I'd play one.

I'm not holding my breath though since I usually just get disappointed with character creators in 90% of MMO's, but I'm hoping Carbine doesn't skip out on an extremely important part of the game.
  8. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

EQ2 did a cool thing pre launch if I recall. If you preordered, you could play around with a DLC of a character creator. I sat around making characters, was cool to see. Would be cool if we got something like that, oh the speculations.
    Kataryna likes this.
  9. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

I feel like all of those things are more suited to Draken features, while the Aurin do have animal features their culture and personalities seem to be more of a scientific and civilized race.
    Ender likes this.
  10. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

Well I agree that they seem more of a scientific and civilized race compared to the Draken, I doubt every individual of the Aurin race is cute, neatly groomed or fall into the norm. I would just like carbine to expand on this, sure each race seems to have a theme going for it, but I think we should also have the option to go against these themes and go for something more unconventional. I think it would help with RP aspects, as well as for people who want an uglier character, not everybody likes to play a perfect character, I'm just giving my thoughts on other options that I hope carbine could look into. We haven't seen the character creator yet, so I'm still holding on some hope, but I would truly like a more feral looking Aurin, it could make or break what faction I choose.

Even something akin to that male Aurin snarling on the banner on the race page at the official Wildstar website would be a perfect example of what I would like to see more of regarding the Aurin. He looks a lot more tribal than other Aurin we've seen this far, he's got tattoo's, he's snarling with small pupils, he looks like someone that could kick my ass, not embrace me with cuddles.
  11. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Options like robotic arms and legs like Dorian Walker would be pretty sweet, unless Carbine wants to keep it iconic for said character.

One of the biggest disappointments in character customization for me is the lack of hairstyles. If we have sliders, then faces won't be too much an issue. But see, hair is such a big deal! I've only seen ONE game that had sliders for hair:

C9. At the 1:40 mark. SLIDERS FOR HAIR. THIS IS THE ONLY GAME I'VE SEEN THAT DOES THIS.

APB: Reloaded also has hair sliders. :D
  12. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

I'm dying to see some footage of the character creator. As far as my race (Granok) I suppose we can chisel out a few different hairstyles and a few different colored skin shades. I don't expect too much diversity in us Rock people. I'm open to surprises though!
  13. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

There needs to be an option for the Granok to be a boulder. Literally a boulder.
    Grohmm and JarNod like this.
  14. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I'm liking your post cause your signatures are fricking awesome. I'm debating joining Errant Unit JUST to get one... :p
    Guide likes this.
  15. Noa

Noa Cupcake

General Ideas: Varied/Many Hairstyles and Colors (that means more then just six actual hairstyles with then the others just being slight alterations to these six), Different Builds/heights (because not every race is built like a super model!), Voice Modulations (Nothing like six or anything, but maybe three or four different choices on tone or even accents?), Hobby-Attributed Gear (spectacles for the scientist, guns and or 'trophies' for the soldier and maps or rare artifacts or jewelery for explorers), Race Specific Armor (why not have our various species wear specialized armor as a sign of their 'pride' of their people?), Accessories (Because be it a tail ring, a cigar or a piercing (or three) we all need to add a bit more personal 'flair') and Color Coordination (take a note from GW2, it was awesome. Apply it to weapons (like the color of the laser blasts or the glow of a saber of light) or to armor).

Aurin: Different ear/tail styles and/or lengths (Bunny, cat, dog, badger, etc type of ear/tail mammal combos), various body and or facial markings and different tail rings of various styling's and or coloration.
  16. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

As mentioned in Jeremy Gaffney's Reddit AMA, there will be different animal ears for Aurin! Can't say much for tails, however.
  17. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

I also like the random generator. I rarely go with what it gives me, but it often shows an option I had not considered before and end up working into my design. The back and forward buttons are great as well. Champions Online incorporates that right now and made it really handy when I changed my mind.
  18. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Shared hairstyles between the races, or well, the ones that have hair, Aurin, Human, Cassian, Draken at least.
    It always sucks when there's a -perfect- hairstyle for your character... Except it's on the wrong race.
    Also, by sharing them, they'll be able to offer more hairstyles for each race, because they won't need to create unique styles for each race, so it would be a win/win :D

Eye color and heterochromia. I'd love to be able to choose each eye color individually.

Facial "quirks". Stuff like scars, freckles, birthmarks, darker areas around the eyes, in a way that aren't tied to a specific face.

Eyebrows. The brow really sets the "mood" for your character. Make them them unattached from the rest of the face so you can pick that individually.

Anyway, nothing really too specific, just a bunch of random stuff I'd like to see ^^

I agree that hair sliders would be really cool too!
  19. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Facial piercings, eye-patch option :p , Tattoo's and i'm gonna say cybernetics like other people because of the sci fi theme of the game, i.e cybernetic eyes / robotic limbs
  20. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Breast Augmentation. No, seriously.

Personally, I want my Aurin Scientist Lifira to be flatter than cardboard. Though I do understand that some players want more bounce with their females.
    Saza likes this.