1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Customization Ideas

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Shady, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Saza

Saza Cupcake

I really hope that there can be some body customization. Presets or sliders, whatever works. I am someone who likes female characters to be without very much chest curviness. I hope that I will be able to make a female in this game that isn't as well endowed as the ones I've seen so far.

Height being a slider is a big one I hope for too. It makes individuals within one race and sex seem much less like clones when they aren't exactly the same height.

I hope to see pulled up hairstyles for females since I hate having hair that is long and down. Also scars, tattoos, piercings, personal things like that as a choice for any race it makes sense with.

Lastly I really hope that eye color isn't tied to the face selected. It is an area that is too often lacking customization.
    Auryn likes this.
  2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

The problem is, even in most games with breast sliders, they go from like DD to Watermelon. I find it way to rarely that you can actually make a "flat" female. But yeah, I agree, sliders would be nice, especially if they actually allow you to have different bodytypes.
    Hope likes this.
  3. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Yes i also hope there is some kind of body shape customization, sliders or presets as Saza said, as even if the facial customisation is great you don't really feel individual if you're the same size / shape as everyone else of your race :p
  4. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

Hair is probably the most important character customization feature for me. My experience in SWTOR was that I picked the same two hair-styles, one for male and one for female, over and over again because I thought the others were terrible. I've had similar experiences in Rift and Warcraft. Maybe, though, it's enough that at least one hair style appealed to me because it meant their were choices for everyone else?
  5. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

I agree.

Even though I normally care very little about character customization I am constantly shocked at how bad MMO hairstyles look. It seems I usually end up trying to pick a hairstyle that looks the the least ugly of the choices given.
    Auryn likes this.
  6. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Two things: five o'clock shadows, no stupid face tattoos.
    Auryn likes this.
  7. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

You know you want stars and hearts on your face.
  8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

If the character customization is not at least on the level of Guild Wars 2, I'll be extremely disappointed.

It is a very important part of and MMO, and developers usually neglect it.
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

It definitely attracts a lot of roleplayers. Heck, I'm not really a roleplayer but one of the first things I usually look at is how personalized I can make my toon. People just like to look cool in their own special way as it adds flavor to their gameplay.
  10. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

General - Battle scars and tattoos.
  11. Bantheera

Bantheera Cupcake

It would be pretty hard for an Aurin to swing through a dense forest area with 'watermelons'. :roflamo: I hope there will be customization options to atleast make them realistic...
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  12. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

If they allow too small a breasts we wont be able to buy it in Australia :p
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Considering the games overall style, I kind of doubt "realistic", I kind of wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all that realistic :D

But yeah, it's kind of like high heels to me. When ever a game forces a character into high heels, I keep waiting for her to snap her ankle every time she runs or jumps :D
    ruff_ethereal, Saza, moneda and 2 others like this.
  14. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

SRSLY. Every female character in TERA, even the tiny Elin, wore heels. Doesn't even make sense in a world of magical talking animal people, I'm sorry. :down:
    ruff_ethereal, Saza and FelixAkuma like this.
  15. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Yeh.. not every female character has to be a super model :p
    Saza likes this.
  16. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

Unfortunately they sell better . . . :/

I am hoping for a default stance option. Or even better, the ability to set it in game.
    And body tattoos, not just on the face. They missed that in SWTOR
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  17. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I always figured that body tattoos are largely moot if you don't have the option of turning off the model render for the location the tattoos are in or even better sufficient number of armour models that allow them to be seen through the render.
  18. Dauthis

Dauthis Cupcake

I think all armor slots should have the options to show or hide. What if i want my Grannok warrior to have a softspot for flowers and nature? I should be able to hide his boots. Or what if i want a Conan-like warrior character? I should have the option to hide chest. Mages and priests should always have an option to hide gloves because of the visceral and tactile nature of most magics. I would love to see the option to hide/show every armor slot. So someone wants to go nudely? Let them play in their underoos. It's not like they won't strip down in city every change they get anyway.

In addition I would love to see a variety of body arts and modifications. One thing i really wanted in SWtOR: cybernetic arms and legs. It's so pivotal in Star Wars to be able to loose a hand. The whole series revolves around a family who can't seem to keep track of their extremities.

I'd also like to see a posture/attitude option. It doesn't have to be at character creation, but that would be ok too. I liked in SWtOR how they eventually added "moods" that you could you to change your base expression. But i'd love to see the idea go way beyond that. Trolls and Orcs in WoW made great rogues because they were always hunching. But they looked awkward as casters or warriors because their hunch doesn't express pride in self or ability. I imagine a Shaman to be proud. Head high no matter where he walks. In the being that is created by the tribe, he is the nucleus. He sets the tone for each member of the tribe to see. Being able to set your mood or posture is incredibly important to establishing your character.

Beyond those I'd like to see, as an average, more care taken with hairstyles. And perhaps more "modern" haircolors. I know it can set things akimbo to add green as a haircolor option, but I think in a futuristic world such options shouldn't be so out of consideration. Seeing that the Aurin have options for blue and purple hair helps set them apart, so you tone down the Human extras to keep the Aurin feeling special. But as long as the humans don't get options for giant bunny ears or tails then the Aurin remain special.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  19. Cheveyo

Cheveyo New Cupcake

I have never connected the slouch to lack of confidence, myself.
    For Trolls, I just saw it as them being extremely laid back and relaxed.

If they were walking around straight as a board, it'd look like they had something jammed up some place uncomfortable.
  20. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Anyone note somewhere how many slots they showed on a demo? I know things change right! so lots of room to play with alts!

[​IMG]