1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Customization Ideas

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Shady, Feb 14, 2013.

1. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

If we get that many slots when we play i'll be very happy :p
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I'm hoping for at least six slots so that we can play one of each class. :inlove:

In actuality though, I'm probably not going to play more than a couple classes up to max level. The question is whether or not getting to max level will be 'grindy' like WoW or fast like GW2? Either way, I don't see myself getting lvl 60 with all 6 classes. :p
  3. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

True indeed! Most games have enough of that to make it worth while.
    My example of SWTOR, they have Zabrak, who tattoo their whole body, and even if it's just the forearem, or hand, even a few body patterns would have been better than none. They have armour showing shoulders, midriffs, and most of the arm as well, so not lost by far.
  4. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

I'm hoping for different high heel styles for Mechari female.
  5. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

Aurin-Tribal Markings- I think it would be a good idea if Aurin had markings on their face and body. Since they're kinda animal and native like to the earth (well planet), markings would look pretty cool.
  6. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

From what I've gleaned in official comments, body size will be pretty standard through the races. They want races to be recognizable silhouettes for PvP.

What I would like to see is some kind of race/size adjustment even if it's minor just so we can make characters our own.

I'd like tattoos and scars, I like to make grizzled veteran characters. Height is something that I think is important. I dunno why but I like to make my characters a little smaller, a little shorter. I just hope they have a BIG selection of things that can be changed, like hair colour, eye colour, facial hair, face types, eyebrows etc etc etc.

The more unique I can make my character look the better. Even if we have to stay to standardized silhouettes.
  7. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Well they DID say there wouldn't be different body types, but there must be height sliders. I say this because of the male Aurin. in the Dev housing video, they show what I assume to be a male Aurin with a big bushy hairdo at the beginning, and he is quite a normal size.
    Then, at the end of that same video, they show two male Aurin standing with the other races, and looking quite a bit shorter than the rest.
    So either the perspective is way off for the first one, or there is a height option.
    Or maybe the fourth Exile race is tall male Aurin...
  8. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

I dunno, Carbine seems too into the game to do something as lazy as just making their newest race a male version of one of their other races. That'd be a big let down. Not impossible but still.. Sad.
  9. GuruNation

GuruNation New Cupcake

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see bushy Aurin hair; I can't help but think of glam rock, a lot of glitter and Motley Crue (with the respective umlaut). While I don't mind that, I really do hope I can get rid of some of the more cutesy-appearances of the Aurin and make him look a little more hardened. Maybe a shortened tail or the subtraction of rainbows that fly out every time he farts.
  10. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

Unicorns! YAY maybe they'll add some rainbow makeup :D. The drakens would look so much better believe me :D
  11. alienfirst

alienfirst Deck the Granok Winner 2011

Pretty much GW2-ish would be my ideal. Height sliders definitely. I want a petite Aurin. :)

And, though I continue to be disappointed by this in every character creation thing ever, HAIRSTYLES. MANY MANY HAIRSTYLES. Hell, I was drawing an Aurin yesterday and just thinking "Man, I wish I could get paid to just sit and make hairstyles for MMOs." I love hair length that sits just below the shoulders and I never see that done well (or at all). Granted, model clipping kind of limits that, but eh, one can dream right?
  12. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm hoping they add height sliders into the game, even if its just small differences. I also hope we at least get a couple various body types if we don't get body sliders... We might not though.

Granted, the amount of different faces and hair plus facial sliders is always the most important, and I believe Carbine has us covered there, but I'm so super praying for just a bit more in the body adjustment department. ^^

Also, YES to tatoos! I hope for both facial and body markings possible depending on your race!
    Evion likes this.
  13. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I agree with the height sliders. I know I like slightly taller characters, but sometimes you need the compact terror. ;) Having even a small differentiation would be nice.

In a perfect world, I'd love some bulk sliders, making my character skinnier or bulkier within a range. I know I'd also like the ability to make my female character flatter.
    Patrician likes this.
  14. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

If the last exile race is the zombie-esque/undead race that is speculated, I'm hoping for an exposed skull face option, an exposed brain in clear Perspex option, some weird eye modifications, and the hair options should be cool. I really like the smoky ethereal hair on that art with the cyclops ghost baby. Hopefully we get some of that. Ooh! And a floating brain in a jar head.
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

For some reason, all I can think of when I read that is these guys:

image.jpg

And now I want the 4th race to be them! ... Of course we just have to make sure none of the Dominion like country yodeling music...
  16. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

I think I must've been subconsciously thinking about these guys.
  17. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Same, big boobs just slow me down!
  18. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

They don't slow me down hurrr hurrr...
    :\
    /shows self the door
  19. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

I am pretty sure there will be height sliders, proof:

[​IMG]
  20. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Aurin - Body - More animal-esque, maybe be able to cover your Aurin in fur, give it longer nails/claws and all in all just make him/her look...wilder.