1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character customization

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by McGamer, May 30, 2013.

1. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

Character creation could stand to use a few basics. Everyone will end up looking very similar if they don't have a few body sliders.

-- Height for everyone. Minor changes, Mechari should never be as short as Humans and Aurin/Chua should never be as tall as Granok, but some small height customization makes crowds look far less linear. I hate looking into a crowd of Humans and seeing a linear sea of hair.

-- Muscle/Bust slider for males and females. Minor changes again. Female characters should be able to have much smaller or slightly larger breasts. Again, you shouldn't be able to make your female look like an underage girly-boy, or give her a J Cup, but some variation is always good.
    -- In addition, Males should be allowed to have more realistic muscular structure. A slightly more bulky Human or Aurin, or a slightly less huge Granok would be interesting to see. Again, slight changes. But if females get the option of making their breasts smaller or bigger, males should get similar body sliders.

-- A body structure selector or weight slider would just be the icing on the cake. It was great to have in GW2, but theirs lacked quite a bit of customization. If Carbine got the chance to have both a body-structure select AND a muscle/bust slider, I'd be a happy Cupcake.
    McGamer, TanielianVB and Trigger like this.
  2. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

The ironic thing to me is that the main reason a lot of modern MMOs started getting generic with features and customization was to draw in new gamers from consoles that are used to watered-down features compared to traditional MMOs.

I mention this because now with the revealing of the next gen consoles and their games coming out this fall/next year, the console devs are now adding more character customization and detail to the console games. That being the case, I wonder if modern MMO devs will snap out of it and quit pushing generic and boring customization features.
  3. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]

From the newest Dev Speak. That, boys and girls, is a cyborg. The player character I mean. Arm and leg have been replaced. I don't think this is (and I really hope this isn't) the new Exile race. Just taking a human and giving it some robotic limbs isn't enough to make it a whole new race. SO! The question is: is this a customisation option in the character creation menu, part of the armour aesthetics or just a separate vanity item?
  4. MrJayBob

MrJayBob New Cupcake

I would say an additional customization option. as an armor aesthetic it wouldn't make much sense because if you remove it, you'd just get your fleshy limbs back. and as a new race, I highly HIGHLY doubt its the 4th exile, since it is also quite obvious from the silhouette and animations to be a Human/Cassian Female.

Which also puts humans a lot more higher on my list as a main, if it is a Customization Option, ESPECIALLY since the Robotic Limbs appear to be visible at all times, so you can relish in your choice
  5. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Look at her right arm and specifically hand. The flesh is not a normative human skin tone and is, in fact, quite red. The light in the area is a blue-green aqua, which should make any human skin tone from black to "Red" to palest of whites take on a bluish or greenish hue. Not red. Therefor her skin itself is almost as red as the Exile on the background to the right of this post.

But as I noted, previously, her hand. Zoom in for a good look on claw-sharp fingertips. I'm thinking this isn't a Cassian Female. This is the new Exile Race which is both Alien -and- Cybernetically enhanced.

-Rachel-
  6. MrJayBob

MrJayBob New Cupcake

If THAT is the new exile race, then that is a major let down from carbine since it has similar shape and running animation to the Cassian/Human Females. but I'm sticking to what I previously said and I'll find out if I'm right or wrong next week :coffee:

Edit: reading that just sounds kinda like a jerk in my head... I mean no Disrespect
    annnd still sounds kinda like a jerk. Darn brain and over-thinking....how dare It!
  7. Steampunkette

It's cool, Hon. Though on further reflection, and watching the video myself, I think you might be right about customization options.

The skin in the image you presented may just be a screenshot discrepancy showing more red than blue. My screen showed it, in motion, as more orange-peach with blue. And the hand didn't look so clawlike in motion, either, so I think that was just an anti-aliasing error in the screenshot.

In short: It -COULD- be the new race, but I think it may also be Customization Cybernetics on Cassian/Exiles. PROBABLY Exiles, since we know the first Exile to reach Nexus has those exact same cybernetics.

-Rachel-
  8. MrJayBob

MrJayBob New Cupcake

it also looks very similar to Dorian Walker's Cybernetics

[​IMG]

just a bit more polished in certain parts, so could be more Cassian but still rugged so could easily fit both humans
  9. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

I really hope they will add in an option to change body type. I want the option to make my gals more big boned or muscular and less hour glassy. Their boobs and waists are a bit ridiculous. Similarly, I would like the option to make my guys lean or bookish.
    TanielianVB likes this.
  10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

That is most assuredly a Human.
  11. Steampunkette

If you had read my second post in the thread, just two down from the one you quoted, you'd have known that I agreed to that.

-Rachel-
  12. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

I REALLY love what you said! That's what I want! A least that's what I'm hoping for. Character creation it's the first contact with the game! If they don't have that, i don't know if i'll be playing it... got out of WoW bcoz of that.
    McGamer likes this.
  13. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I'm actually hoping they don't allow body scaling, be it height,weight, or chest. this allows the Armor Designers/Modelers a nice base for creating armor. its easier to create something that looks good on 6 static races, then 6 races with tons of sliders. you get less clipping and more unique armors that don't have to stretch and pull across the character. It also keeps character silhouettes clean.

Normally i like more customization, but i feel like the trade off is an ok one.
  14. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

It's the male Aurin gonna be shorter than the female? =(
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

From the looks of it, yes.

It'll be fun too, seeing tiny dudes from the same race while I play my taller aurin female. :p
    Trigger likes this.
  16. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I can't even express how happy I am that the male Aurin are the way they are, I'm so tired of the same old animalistic race in games that has a female that looks like a skinny human, and a male that looks like the Hulk with fur and fangs. Don't want to play a small, skinny dude? Then don't play it. Plenty to choose from.
  17. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

I thought of another option important to me:

The option to make female characters who look middle-aged and/or senior.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

If people have a problem with male aurin, they should meet Franko.

Not just female but male too. Usually all males can do to look old is facial hair which women don't usually have. Wrinkly faces/bodies, old-looking hair/hairstyles, etc.

I could see myself making a grumpy old chua alt yelling at people to get off his lawn and rant about those damn whippersnappers...
  19. 5TiCK

5TiCK New Cupcake

I honestly just want a height gauge. BUT, not to ridiculous extents.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Just limited extenze!