1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character customization

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by McGamer, May 30, 2013.

1. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

When it comes to armor customization, the size is never an issue in 3d model design if the proportions of the body are asymmetrical.
    TanielianVB likes this.
  2. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

It's not that i dont like to play a small, skinny dude... it's bcoz I like to play with my wife and we like to reflect some aspects of reality on the game. On RL i'm taller then her, and I would like to have that possibility in game too... and there's no height chango so far... =/

ps.: I really like small races... =P
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It'll be awkward then if you guys both play aurin. :p
  4. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

We always play the same race, and because of that she is thinking on change the race... But that was the race we were excited about...

That's a shame... I was really liking the game so far... =/
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

why not play the undead poeple
  6. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

hehehe... My wife was like... NAAHHH!

hehe... i'm gonna try to think of something...
  7. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

8. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Well neither of you have bunny ears either, I presume :p Maybe this time you'll just be the shorter one. It's just a game, afterall.
  9. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

You're right. I should have included that in my post. I never thought of it like that before. But I guess since games like Guild Wars 2 don't give you the option to play older men either it's not as commonly included as I thought.

And although you mentioning Franko was referring to something else, it also reminds me that having older options for the various races would be great too. Usually when they are included they're only available for humans.
  10. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

Maybe you're right. =P
  11. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

I believe it would seem fairly odd if Wildstar didn't end up having great character customization after Carbine has already added detailed customization in housing and paths.
  12. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

That's what I hope for! ^.^
    McGamer likes this.
  13. MaximTheRaven

MaximTheRaven Cupcake

I'm actually somewhat hoping they do what GW2 did, and have body size templates for each race, and then a height slider.

Of course, aside from the aesthetics, I didn't really like Guild Wars 2 beyond the fact you could dodge in the game.

But don't take my word for it, I'm just a bird.
    -Caw-
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Rusted parts, sparking wires and blinking lights, the tell-tale signs of an aged mechari...
    McGamer likes this.
  15. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

That would be neat. A mechari that's mostly a pile of rust. When they get hit, cogs and wheels and pieces of metal fly off them, and they leave a trail of leaking oil.
  16. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Frankly, I don't think a huge array of customization sliders is all that great. Neverwinter had a massive amount of sliders, but frankly they were NOT very useful. In the end, all male halfling trickster rogues looked EXACTLY the same. All tiefling control wizards looked EXACTLY the same.

GW2 was a bit better. They only had sliders for the facial features, but they offered enough options including body type, hairstyle, colourations, and face types that you could create rather unique looking characters.

I think Wildstar is leaning more towards a middle-ground between GW2 and WoW for their customization. Because the character models are highly stylized, they probably can only take the customizations so far.

Will it mean you'll see exact copies of yourself running around? Probably. However if they're cool enough looking models, that might not bother me so much.
  17. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

@Rackham:

Neverwinter is practically the worst example of modern MMO character customization a person could give. The character models in Neverwinter are horrendous to say the least. GW2 as you mentioned wasn't much better, so I don't see why you brought it up.

From the sounds of things though, Rackham might not be used to a real MMO that offers real options for character customization.

Which brings me to the key word being 'option' here. No one is forced to use every or any option in a character customization process.

That being said, that level of detail is what MMOs are known for, not dumbing things down so that every character looks like clones of each other. No MMO ever has lasted long with lacking good character customization. In fact, most MMOs that last, end up adding to their character customization, not the opposite.
  18. Naut

Naut New Cupcake

WoWs customization is pretty simple/standard and to be honest that level of customization is all I need, I don't usually look closely enough at character faces to notice slight tweeks.
  19. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

I would rather have too many options, than not enough personally.

Over the years I have always enjoyed taking tons of screenshots of my characters and all of them required seeing the "tweaks" on my character's face clearly.
    Norrin Radd likes this.
  20. MaximTheRaven

MaximTheRaven Cupcake

Actually, I do the same..sort of. I'm really particular about how my characters would look, in fact, I get a little bothered if too many people have the exact same face I do. More than a little bothered, actually, I go out and would even change how my character looks altogether.

Speaking of which, any word on barber shops and the like?
    McGamer likes this.