1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character customization

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by McGamer, May 30, 2013.

1. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

And that's why i'm really worried. I wanted this thread to have more participants. I want to give then this kind of feedback. If as they say "The devs are listening" then they could see this and maybe they could put in more customizations.

I think it's worth the chance...

Crossed fingers!
    RedSam777 and Split_Light like this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

There've been a lot of threads on this topic before, not just this one, and they were pretty big, hot topics. However, by the time major attention is brought to a game, a lot of the game is already cemented in place. If Carbine were to respond to our feedback, they'd probably have to go back and make some major readjustments to the current models. It kind of has to be in their plans from the get go to incorporate body sliders.
  3. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

I only know of one game that's ever added sliders post release, City of Heroes. When it originally came out it only had the 3 body types (male, female, huge) and no additional customization. They later put in full sliders for body and face.
    RedSam777 likes this.
  4. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

That's why I say it's strange... in the official site there was a Uplink Analysis: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_character_creation.php

And height and stuff... That was in October 12, 2012!

Why didn't they put sliders for that... WHY!!!! hehehe....
    RedSam777 and McGamer like this.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

I could totally see Carbine incorporate body sliders after release, for sure. There's the pressure to complete a project though that comes with unreleased games, MMOs especially. Taking time out of their other plans to spruce up an already solid character customization is not the optimal use of time. I expect Carbine to release with what they have now, but hopefully they can add more to character customization post-release. There's really no reason not too and it would go great with a barber shop feature.
  6. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

Yeah... I think I would be happy with that too... hehe...
    RedSam777 likes this.
  7. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

Most MMOs I have played are never so accurate with aim to require or even be able to hit certain body parts.

That being said, most likely the hitboxes are setup to register a general hit to the character if any part of the hitbox is hit.

By the way, I do have a background in game design but my opinion here is based solely on that and past game experience. I am not in the Wildstar beta or anything official.
  8. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

Actually, there has only been 1 other thread this year specifically on this topic and it wasn't as big as this one within the past year.
    RedSam777 likes this.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

They were more or less contained in threads complaining about female portrayal in video games. A lot of those over time got locked, deleted, or merged into one but the content ended up discussing character creation and armor style options in detail. This thread is just the most official one.
  10. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

Unfortunately, I don't know of any MMOs that have ever added more customization sliders after launch. Sure, a lot have added barbershops to re-do appearance, but never to make use of new customization.
  11. Xlugon Pyro

That's true. I'm hoping Carbine is different and adds to ALL parts of the game over time, not just a few. We'll just have to wait and see.
    McGamer likes this.
  12. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

I would love to be optimistic about the future of customization after launch. However, if Carbine sets their coding in stone during beta of how all the gear/armor/clothes fit, I highly doubt they will want to re-write the entire database to adjust for sliders after launch.

In my opinion, that is why we need to be very vocal about this topic until either we know the details about customization or the game launches. At that point, it becomes a different discussion.
    TanielianVB likes this.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Sure.

I know I will be, and if I can just get my damn foot inside the industry, I will definitely be an advocate for body sliders. :p Animators and artists will just have to put up with the extra work I'll be giving them. :)
    McGamer likes this.
  14. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

McGamer for Thread President!
  15. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

Okay, thanks, fellas :).

Where character customisation options are concerned, the more the merrier; if I want to create a character so musclebound you can't see his neck then it would be nice to be able to do so.

Regards.
    McGamer and TanielianVB like this.
  16. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

One character customization option an MMO called APB has is hair length adjustment. If it turns out Chua will be a playable race, I would enjoy making an extremely shaggy Chua if it were possible.

I know of course that would be a stretch to add that feature, but one can dream, lol.
    TanielianVB likes this.
  17. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

There will be 2 "new" races announced today!

Since we already know which ones are... I hope there's new official videos... hehe...
    McGamer likes this.
  18. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

Since today will be the last of the races revealed, I believe it would be ideal if Carbine showed off more details on character customization.

Personally, I would rather see a video with full details on character customization than CG video cutscenes.
  19. TanielianVB

TanielianVB New Cupcake

That's true.
  20. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I can finally say it.... I'm going to be a Mordesh... with a hood... And claws... nuff' said...
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.