1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Cities, where the hell have they been?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xalon, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

Basically the title?

Hopefully they pop out something as magnificent and memorable as Stormwind

Gronky, Kasern and Sonntam like this.
  2. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Unlikely. While I would assume we will have a main city of some sort, they will be marginalized because of housing. Its one of the many reasons why I do not like housing, especially housing as in depth as this.

3. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

I think you are over rating housing, at the end of the day people still like to hang out together and Main Cities are much more memorable than houses.

4. Livnthedream

Tell that to Eq2. <>

5. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

I don't really know much about EQ2 but in no way does the glory of a city not transcend my puny house which is awesome for me to hang out with friends but Cities are much more grand, fun to meet other people you don't even know and find group etc.

6. Livnthedream

Normally I would agree but housing (specifically guild housing) decimated cities and turned them effectively into ghost towns. The devs actually had to effectively nerf housing to fix the problem.

7. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

I see, well then I will be glad if Warplots aren't really guild housing I just want them to be a element for GvG. I personally hated the idea of guild halls and how people want them in GW2 it will basically destroy the little pop the racial cities have and most of the main hubs population

8. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

Why i NEED cities is... They make a feeling such as what Xalon is saying. Its grand, its a place to meet people. You cant do that to the same extent in Housing. I believe the housing is a 2nd "city" , a meetingplace for people. But how do i find people when there are 5000 houses to check thru? I will just step from channel to channel more or less. until i find people. And that is bad design i think. Major cities. Thats where you show off gear. thats where you have fun and be ridiculous around other people. spam chat and laugh as people are acting weird. It gives a sense of pride in that you can just find a place to relax in. Housing wont give that appeal i fear. People will check out friends houses to get idea's or see if they found something new (Other than RP servers).

Beastmode: World of warcraft. I tried just for fun to find a place where you could just sit and laugh "trololol" etc outside of the cities. I found in Cataclysm. The small Wrenchwood i think its called. A small fun town at the west in Stranglethorn vale. It was like a goblin fun place. where fun characters were and they had grills and weird shops blablabla... But i ended up going these twice because people never wanted to leave the city. BECAUSE : No trade chat, no AH, no real vendors, no random people, no teleports. and so on.

*Rentah*

9. Tacomagamefan

Tacomagamefan Cupcake

So long as the major cities are compelling places to be, with necessary things to do you can't do elsewhere, and easily accessible from personal housing, I think there is plenty of room for both with appropriately sized servers.

My question is what is the best city size -- for instance I think Stormwind is a good size, while Divinity's Reach, a gorgeous city, feels a bit big to me.

Alverad and Sonntam like this.
  10. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I agree with that part, and since I remember EQ2 I do know housing will impact it, that's why I like open world housing. But, I don't think cities like Stormwind or Ironforge or the Undercity will be seen. I don't think we've lived on Nexus long enough. I think you are more apt to see a Thunderbluff or Darnassus, or better yet a Militaristic type town or fort for a few large "cities"

Livnthedream likes this.
  11. Sapien

Sapien Cupcake-About-Town

I think we will see something like stormwind, couse i belife the elders had big cities before they disipered and that eatch factione have taken over, or atleast one faction have taken over. :up:

12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Why the ''I think'' and ''believe''??? Are you not sure?

You do know that it's confirmed in a lore-telling, that factions have taking over Eldan cities in-game :up:

13. hitman84

hitman84 New Cupcake

One of the big reasons we haven't seen or heard of cities is because of the LORE of the game.
    Nexus is NEWLY discovered and the Dominion and Exiles are too busy dealing with each other to have the time to construct some huge marvelous city.

14. Titus Morzen

Titus Morzen Cupcake

I'm glad you posted this thread. I've been asking myself this same question, "where are the cities!?" I hope it's something similar like in World of Warcraft. I'd like a big open area with big sprawling major cities to gather and potentially raid.

Dead faction leaders anyone? (hehe yeahhh :D)

15. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

I think a city the size of Stormwind will exist, because it's not relaly much bigger than a small town.
    A large space ship should be bigger than Stormwind. And with the technology available it really shouldn't be a problem. Content wise I don't think they would be "grand" more make shift and temporary.

16. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

This

17. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

I was more about talking about the grandeur and beauty of stormwind as well as ease of navigation.

CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  18. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

I would expect them to be. This is the most advanced race to grace the galaxy after all.

19. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

The thing I want from the 2 main cities is the little area in front of the entrance that can be used for dueling, those are fun ^^.

20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Why not directly in the midle of the city? So everyone can see them :p

I personally just want the 2 main hubs to ''Feel alive''.....which is a hard task to do......and so many games have failed to do so already.....but i'm still hoping for that one time ;)

Drarorm likes this.