1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Classes: Weapons and Race

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Guide, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sneakybuffalo

Sneakybuffalo Cupcake-About-Town

Well we have Dual Wield and 2 Handed, I expect last melee class to be Sword n Board
  2. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

True, we haven't seen anything for hand-held shields, though I wonder if they may implement it more as projection-type shielding. With all the nanotech and whatnot going on, I could definitely see that, and would allow the tank class to have a wide variety of possible weapons.
  3. Sneakybuffalo

Might change my prediction to Staff....

Male Auren Str/Wis Unrevealed Class fighting a mob????:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5DCqgowlTKo#t=414s
  4. Dauthis

Dauthis Cupcake

If you read http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_meet_the_granok.php
    Sarge mentions that he has a shield. So I think they're just not talking about weapon options at this time. I can't imagine that they've gone to all the trouble to make it so you can customize your combat experience by favoring different stats to unique effects but not thought about weapon options.

I'd love to see another all-0ut caster class, but i don't want them to recycle a power source. We have ESP(brain power), brute strength for the warrior, Eldan technology for the Stalker, and magic/guns for the Spellslinger. I'm just not sure, without reusing a powersource, where else a class might come from. Perhaps a nature class (druid/ranger/shaman).

I guess we don't know much about the last exile race. Their themes make me think "alchemy," so perhaps an alchemic class (laying circles to kite things into, making potions to to throw at targets, perhaps have a pet it can transmute into other forms for different uses).
    ruff_ethereal and Kurik Lein like this.
  5. Sneakybuffalo

Every class except Stalkers have 2 different resource types

Rather than resources, look at the Stats each class is based off.

Doing that leads to: http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/last-2-classes-predictions.1235/
  6. Dauthis

Dauthis Cupcake

I'm not concerned to much with peoples' predictions and observations of trends. And I haven't even looked at stats or resources. I didn't even mention resources. I was just commenting on the aesthetic diversity of the classes so far and my pondering where else they may draw aesthetic inspiration. Nothing I said discounts or conflicts with anything I read in your suggested post.

To clarify: the suggested post mentioned a possible STR/WIs, Paladin/Guardian class. I don't feel a "Holy" fighter really fits into the concept of this game. So I was musing about how such a concept could be implemented into the game without ruining continuity. You want to make them stand out from the already-existing Warrior class. The theme could be scientific, mechanic or natural. The mechanics of the class have to mesh with the concept, but many concepts could be stretched over a STR/WIS frame.

Example: Symbiotic Warrior- these fighters commit themselves to be physically merged with a Symbiote from Nexus. This creature augments the strength of the warrior and grants him/her the creature's highly advanced healing and mutagenic powers.

What I was saying is that I would like to see a more natural source for class powers (where that class gained it's ability to use class skills). I feel that the continuity of the whole world, classes especially, or it's lack there of, are going to make or break this game. If you have Paladins in glowing armor with gold books for shoulderpads (some of you remember those days in WoW) running through the plains of Nexus then I fear for the outcome.
  7. Sneakybuffalo

You listed out every class's resources in your previous post....

And the Paladin archetype is a very familiar and very popular one. I agree there are different ways they can approach it though. Could be something crazy with symbiots and something completely new, or it could be something as simple as a group of people dedicated to a certain code of honor. Religion isn't necessary.
  8. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

I agree, the traditional "holy warrior" paladin wouldn't fit into the Wildstar setting at all.

I would definitely like to see something similar to the Bear Shaman in AoC though. A class that combines strength and nature (or perhaps technology / alchemy) to support their allies at the front lines.

I'm a huge fan of "preventive" healing, i.e. beating the enemies to death with a huge hammer before they hurt your friends (too much). :D
    ruff_ethereal, Kurik Lein and Dauthis like this.
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I was looking over the gun from the Dominion video again and I've been thinking that it may also serve as the flamethrower Carbine talked about previously. So instead of the flamethrower being a type of weapon maybe it's a skill that uses this gun. The design of it looks like it could do a variety of things.

[​IMG]
    ruff_ethereal and Patrician like this.
  10. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

I'm getting a sort of blunderbuss feeling from it, the idea of throwing whatever you want into the thing and firing it out. It also makes me think of a big, heavy guy, not a spritely thing. Some sort of ranged tank, maybe? I know that's been speculated on repeatedly, but I see this thing as a potential DPS/tank class, maybe with skills like the flamethrower (though that sounds more like something you pick up as a Soldier on a SWAT mission) and others, like a rocket shot. Dunno, just speculating here, and that thing is somehow tied to a race.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  11. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

That's a great point, I forgot about the SWAT missions for the Soldier. :)
    TownClowne likes this.
  12. TattooedWalrus

TattooedWalrus Cupcake

I really wish we could have some sort of bow style wep in here. I totally repsect and love sci fi but I have a odd habit of using bows. so far im loving all the confirmed weps so far, especially the models of the pistols
    ruff_ethereal and Dauthis like this.
  13. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I hope the gremlins have a funny animations when they shoot that blunderbuss weapon. like the asura animations or the chubby animals from tera
  14. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

What gremlins are you talking about?
  15. Ravern

Ravern New Cupcake

This topic have name: "Classes: Weapons and Races"
    so... here i will write what will be "for me" the best weapons and races for each know class...
    i will not write about abilites and skills

Warriors
    Weapons: Swords, Mace, Hammer and ( "loved" ) Axe... ou... and combination weapon shield.
    I think dual wield is out of question for this class ( that make me sad :( )
    Races: Human, Cassian, Granok, Mechari, Draken, and Exiles unknow race

Espers
    Weapons: "Summon" weapons ( Swords, Gigant hammer, trowing daggers and stars... ), some types animals, Natural phenomens ( Fall, Thornado, Falling rocks... ) and some deffending summon as well (tomb stone, armor, some of group shield... )
    Races: Human, Cassian, Aurin and Dominion unknow race

Spellslingers
    Weapons: Dual Pistols, Big Pistol, Rifle, Auto-rifle, Machinegun ( for big boys :D ) and sniper rifle ( for puny ones )
    I was thinking about Energo Bow and Crossbow for charging atack ( something like "clic" and hold shot ) but it is only one of my crazy ideas :)
    Races: Human, Cassian, Granok, Draken, Aurin and Dominion unknow race

Stalkers
    Weapons: Wrist Blades, Dual wield combinations of daggers, swords, axes, maces and hammers
    "Maces and Hammers?? are u nutts?!" didnt u see some of "secret police" they use electric or telescopic truncheons... :)
    Races: Human, Cassian, Draken, Aurin, Mechari and Exiles unknow race

I dont read any "lore" so this is only my opinion... and you may kill me for it or you can try... bud i will go down fighting... :D so tnx for reading.
  16. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

We need to have something like this in a sticky that can be updated.
  17. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

First image is a clue Carbine posted a very long time ago, you can also see it in the second image holding the gun from the Meet the Dominion video. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Clowne

Clowne Cupcake

Ah, thanks for showing me that. They look neat.
  19. Zel

Zel Cupcake

I'm thinking a scientist type is more likely to be some sorta alchemy healer than a tank, and that cannon clearly belongs to the scientist type that's been hinted at, so I could see some sort of madman firing potions across the battlefield like the cannoneer from final fantasy tactics *chuckle*
  20. Dpz

Dpz Cupcake

I'm worried about the lack of info we have been given on weapons, usually it isn't really a big secret to keep from their fans.

It's just when i'm looking at their video clips, where they always use the same weapons. And also on their website only 1 weapon is listed for each class.

To me it's unreal to think that an mmo of this size with tons of functions and variation, would limit us to only 1 weapon from level 1-60 that would be quite boring? I think so atleast.