1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Collated "Can My PC Run WildStar?" Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by baldo227, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Vors

Vors New Cupcake

It's a mistake, I got clarification on that and the recommended nvidia card is a GTX 460.
    proof in the twitter link here: https://twitter.com/WildStar/statuses/444066170355089408
  2. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, a lot of people seem to be afraid their computers won't run Wildstar because of what was happening in beta until the most recent patch. It wasn't optimized at all and was definitely running very poorly on most systems.

I, personally, couldn't wait for the optimization process and just bought a whole new, top-of-the-line rig and my problems vanished. Also, that last patch really seemed to help a lot of people and I don't think that was even the last step in the optimization process, so I think we can expect even better performance come launch.

All that being said, some people will definitely have to upgrade their computers. People see the cartoony style of the game and think it couldn't possibly be any harder to run on their systems than say Aion, Lineage 2, or Tera. It most definitely was, and most likely will be at launch as well. If you were barely eeking out playability on most games that are out now, then you might want to seriously consider some upgrades in my opinion.
  3. Cretz

Cretz Cupcake

I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade my HD6870. In beta I got a stable framerate with everything set to its highest (except for resolution, which I have at 1366x768 because of my eyesight) except for the rendering scale setting, which I mostly left at 1. Setting it to 2, if I understand what this setting does, essentially doubles the amount of polygons, thus the work my graphics card has to do.

I'm not sure when new video cards are being released by either AMD or Nvidia, but I would like one priced around $250/is considered upper middle tier.
  4. Drayko

Drayko New Cupcake

So wondering if i could run WS. My Specs are Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.1 GHz (4 CPUs)
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Display: 1920 x 1080
    If not please tell me what out of date. Im most worried about the Graphics card.
  5. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

6. Benevon

Benevon Cupcake-About-Town

So I guess my only concern is my CPU. I don't have the exact specs, but I know it's only sitting at 2.2Ghz. I can run most games at fairly high settings already.
  7. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

System Requirements

ComponentsMinimum System RequirementsRecommended System Requirements
    Operating System Windows® XP SP3 (32-bit) or later Windows Vista® (64-bit) or later
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Pentium® Core2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Phenom™ X3 2.3 GHz, or better Intel® Core™ i5 Quad Core 2.66GHz or better, AMD Phenom™ II X4 3GHz, or better
    Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce® 8800 GT, ATI® Radeon® HD 3850, or better NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 460, ATI® Radeon® HD 5830, or better
    Memory (RAM) 4GB 8GB
    Storage 30GB free HDD space 30GB free HDD space
    Screen Resolution 1024x768 minimum display resolution 1920x1080 minimum display resolution
    Peripherals Keyboard & mouse Gaming keyboard & mouse
  8. khoriami

khoriami New Cupcake

hi guys!

I've read some other posts about running wildstar, but i would like some advise.
    http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wildstar-beta/11647/ says im able to run it, but it is not using the correct data, it says i've got a AMD Radeon HD 6650M but i've got a Radeon HD 6720G2 1gb.

my specs:

processor: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon (tm) HD graphics (4CPUs), 1.4 Ghz
    memory: 6GB
    Graphic card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6720G2

Im using windows 7, 64 bit

My laptop: Asus K53T

So what do you guys think? pre-order, or buy a new pc first?
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/collated-can-my-pc-run-wildstar-thread.8078/

post in the thread i linked.
  10. GeeMe

GeeMe New Cupcake

Hello,

I went to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ and ran the test to see if I can run WildStar.

I do pass system requirements but my CPU fails to meet the ideal individual requirement.

Below are my results.

Just wondering if I will at least be able to run the game decently, perhaps on medium-medium high graphics settings?

Thank you,

[​IMG]
    CPU
    Recommended: Intel Core i5 Quad Core 2.66GHz or better, AMD Phenom II X4 3GHz, or better
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Upgrade Suggested

[​IMG] Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

[​IMG]
    CPU Speed
    Recommended: Info
    You Have: 2.3 GHz

[​IMG]
    RAM
    Recommended: 8 GB
    You Have: 13 GB

[​IMG]
    OS
    Recommended: Windows Vista (64-bit)
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

[​IMG]
    Video Card
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 5830
    You Have: GeForce GTX 670M

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Video Card drivers.
    Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    RequiredYou Have
    [​IMG] Pixel Shader version 5.0 5.0
    [​IMG] Vertex Shader version 5.0 5.0
    [​IMG] Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 3.0 GB

[​IMG]
    Sound Card
    Recommended: Yes
    You Have: CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

[​IMG]
    Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 30 GB
    You Have: 274.9 GB

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.
  11. Benevon

You SHOULD be fine. I've been in beta with a system that was well above the minimum requirements but just a little slow on the CPU. Was running anywhere from 15-60 FPS depending on where I was at. And the game isn't even at launch optimization yet.
    GeeMe likes this.
  12. Golconda

Golconda New Cupcake

This is one of the best statements ever.
  13. InvisibleSpaceZombie

InvisibleSpaceZombie New Cupcake

Hey guys... why does this game have such high specs requirements. According to systemlabs I meet the minimum requirements, but not the recommended ones. Can anyone tell me how my current computer will run the game?

[​IMG]
    CPU
    Recommended: Intel Core i5 Quad Core 2.66GHz or better, AMD Phenom II X4 3GHz, or better
    You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    Upgrade Suggested
    [​IMG] Click here for the latest CPU drivers.
    [​IMG]
    CPU Speed
    Recommended: Info
    You Have: 2.4 GHz
    [​IMG]
    RAM
    Recommended: 8 GB
    You Have: 8.1 GB
    [​IMG]
    OS
    Recommended: Windows Vista (64-bit)
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Windows drivers.
    [​IMG]
    Video Card
    Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 5830
    You Have: GeForce GT 755M
    Upgrade Suggested
    [​IMG] Click here for the latest Video Card drivers.
    Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    RequiredYou Have
    [​IMG] Pixel Shader version 5.0 5.0
    [​IMG] Vertex Shader version 5.0 5.0
    [​IMG] Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 2.0 GB
    [​IMG]
    Sound Card
    Recommended: Yes
    You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.
    [​IMG]
    Free Disk Space
    Recommended: 30 GB
    You Have: 849.8 GB

[​IMG] Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.
  14. Benevon

@Invisiblespacezombie

I'd have to research that particular video card, but you should be able to run it ok. I would still recommend upgrading the video card, anything in the GTX line of nvidia cards will be more than enough (preferably in the 600 or 700 series) and they really arent too expensive unless you go up to the 770 or 780.

MMOs tend to be CPU heavy, but you should be fine. My old amd 2.2ghz was running the game decently enough in the first weekend beta.
    InvisibleSpaceZombie likes this.
  15. GeeMe

GeeMe New Cupcake

Thank you, much appreciated
  16. Belwin

Belwin New Cupcake

As of right now my system struggles at some points on max setting. I have a i5-4670k, 8GB of ram, and a EVA GTX 780. I get anywhere from 20 fps to 100 fps. If I drop a few settings a little I can stay around 60 fps. Just hope they work on it a lot before launch.
  17. Auspah

Auspah New Cupcake

Hey all, with the arrival of Wildstar coming soon, I've decided to build myself a new PC as my current one is way outdated, I was wondering if anyone who has a lot of knowledge could look over this and just make sure I haven't made any mistakes, I think I have everything right but it doesn't hurt to ask for a second opinion :)! Thanks in advance

Build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3nAHY
  18. Belwin

Belwin New Cupcake

One of the things I would change is the power supply. It's one of the few things never recommended to skimp on. I would go up a bit in price on it, if you can, and get a good name brand gold rated one.
  19. Belwin

Belwin New Cupcake

Also, with the Haswell chips they tend to run a little hot. So I would go with aftermarket thermal paste and heat sink. If you have the cash, you can go with a closed loop water cooler like the Corsair H100i. Or just any aftermarket heatsink will make a huge difference. A tube of artic silver paste is really cheap and worth it.
  20. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

What Belwin said. Except I would switch out the proc too for a "K" series as they have an unlocked multiplier allowing for much easier overclocking. When it comes to an after market cooler, don't worry about fan or liquid cooled unless you also care about the noise generated. In terms of pure cooling power they are fairly equal assuming you wire your case correctly. The only real difference is noise, and often times to get that noise down you will pay 2-3 times as much.

With the powersupply you really don't want anything less than gold rated, preferably platinum and preferably with a name that you recognize. Like right now the EVGA nex650g is a gold rated psu with the same wattage slightly cheaper.