1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Collated "Can My PC Run WildStar?" Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by baldo227, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

My new rig is on the way! :D

Being in the UK sucks though, not US pricing that's for sure and you got to look hard to reach a reasonable cost.

- AMD FX6300 (Processor)
    - Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (Mobo)
    - GSkill RipJaws X 2133mhz CL9, 8 gb (Ram)
    - Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb (Hdd, don't need much!)
    - Cooler Master 412s (212 unavailable...)
    - 2 extra Noctua fans NF-P12
    - Asus Radeon R9 270 DirectCU II OC
    - Corsair AX 760 (PSU, plan for the future!)
    - Corsair vengeance C70, military green (Case)
    - Dvd blablablah
    - BenQ GW2450 LED VA, 24 inch (Screen)
    - Arctic silver 5 pack
    - Perixx 311 Plus backlit keyboard (I like low profiles backlit no frills one's!)

Already got a great gaming mouse.

Coming from a laptop with Nvidia GT540M and Craptimus (Optimus), I can say I am excited!

10 days to go though. Patience!
  2. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

Gold rating does not matter that much.

Ok it's mot efficient so you save some cash each year on the electricity bill, but what would matter to me is for the PSU to have all the protection (e.g. overcurrent, undercurrent, etc...) as well as being reliable in its capacity to deliver precise amount of current.

Still I 100% agree with you, people skimp on the PSU and some pay the price for it.
  3. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

!!! MEANT TO QUOTE AUSPAH !!!

Get a better motherboard it's a very critical piece in your PC. A mobo than can overclock easily with UEFI. Overclock or not get a better mobo xD. (I went AMD so can't help you, I don't know)

Upgrade to i5-4670K. ("K" means it can overclock)

Get a cheap cooler master 212 or 412s (35 bucks or around) and arctic silver 5 thermal paste and OC the <REDACTED> out of the i5. (!!! Check if the coolers fit in the 200R !!! and forget expensive close loops water cooling, those are largely enough)

If you're into MMO's like me and not too much into FPS (or you don't give a <REDACTED> to play 4K on Ultra anyway!) downgrade you graphic card to compensate for the additional expenses listed above.

An Asus GTX770 DirectCU II OC would cost you at least 100£ less, be largely sufficient to run the ultra <REDACTED> out of Widlstar in 1080 and get you some cash back to get through my ideas financially.

As a rule of thumb you're right spend more on the GPU than the CPU but I feel your spec is unbalanced. (really get a better mobo at least and a K and a cheap but good cooler)

Tip: Have a look at shipping costs if buying for varying places. Sometimes it's better to get the same for a tad more $$ or a better and more expensive item from amazon for instance if you get free delivery.

Good luck in making your new comp! :)
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  4. Ilmari

Ilmari New Cupcake

For the one's looking into PSU, I recommend you go look at "jonnyguru".

That will teach you a lot about PSU's and help you in making a choice.
    That guy is independent, reliable, and quite exhaustive in its methodology, that changes from blog <REDACTED> marketing ("The 5 best xxxxxx")!
  5. Creepyguy

Creepyguy New Cupcake

I actually got an error about not having enough RAM (despite having 12 GB) probably because I'm playing on a Mac that has Windows installed on it via Boot Camp. Came here to verify that 12GB of RAM is indeed enough.
  6. Neverknow

Neverknow New Cupcake

Hey guys , ive been following wildstar for quite a while now , i got a excited for the release but i don't know if my rig can run it , can any of you guys tell me?

My specs:
    Processor : Intel Core 2Duo Cpu @ 2.26GHz 2.27 GHz
    Memory : 4G Ram
    And my graphic card is : ATI Mobility radeon HD 3470

Thanks in advance.
  7. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Will it run it, probably. Will it run it well, not so much no. Your video card is below minimum spec, you are cutting it rather close on ram (game itself really needs 4gigs, and in that setup you don't have any left for the os+background) and your cpu is weak.

Also, there is a sticky at the top of the page specifically for these sorts of questions.
  8. Rokh

Rokh New Cupcake

I've got a laptop with a C2D @ 2.4GHz , an Nvidia 320m (similar to yours, maybe slightly better), and 8gb ram. I run the game at ~10 fps at low settings.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Livnthedream likes this.
  10. Livnthedream

The 320m is also below min spec, and your card is significantly better than the 3470m, like ~3 times better.
  11. Rokh

Rokh New Cupcake

Oh I'm not saying it's not below min spec, I was surprised it ran at all to be honest.
  12. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Closer and closer to release and I get more and more terrified I will just not be able to handle 20 mans, not even going to think about 40. Barely getting 15 fps in zones. I don't have any money in the moment to make any significant upgrade, but I can afford something little, so I wanted to ask, from my stats (below), which would be best to boost, to at least get some slight increase in performance.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
  13. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I play on gtx780Ti and on of the newest intel procs. This plays on constant 60 (vsync on) without overheating. I've heard that some ppl with good ati cards (new 290X or smth) run on 30fps. If you buy something new just read what other ppl use who do experience high fps before you buy new comp. I kind of think that WS is better optimized for nvidia cards than ati.
  14. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Most likely problem with boot camp. But you can always buy another 12GBs to be 100% sure you have enough.
  15. SDR

SDR Cupcake

This is the PC i'm planning on buying

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 Ghz
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    Geforce GTX 760

Hope I'll be able to do 40 man raids on a decent graphic settings with this.

Currently playing on a laptop with:

Windows 7 64 bit
    Intel Core i3-2370 @ 2.40 Ghz
    4 GB RAM
    Intel HD graphics 3000

Getting a nice 10-15 fps on ultra low settings :p
  16. Livnthedream

If buying a new system I recommend getting a "k" series processor so you can easily overclock. Its worth the additional ~$10. If you are buying a premade system, don't. Buy the parts separately, it will be cheaper and its pretty easy to put it together yourself. Far too many tutorials out there in a plethora of forms to make it worthwhile. Take that money and get better parts, or save it for Credd. :)
    Tribe likes this.
  17. SDR

SDR Cupcake

I'm not so sure about building my own pc, I'll probally mess something up :x. This pc got basically what I want to have so i'm just gonna buy it.
  18. Livnthedream

If you can build stuff out of legos then you can put together your own pc. In most cases its actually easier.
  19. SDR

SDR Cupcake

Okay okay okay, I've decided to give it a try, this is what I got:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97 € 147,90*
    RAM: Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1866 Kit € 154,90*
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz € 192,90*
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 € 219,90*
    SSD: Intel® 530 series 240 GB SSD € 149,90*
    Power supply: Cooler Master B700 € 63,90*
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advance € 119,90*
    Screen: ASUS 23" 1 ms € 169,90*
    Dvd: LG GH24NS € 15,99*
    Mouse: Logitech Gaming Mouse G300 € 39,99*
    Keyboard: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105 € 59,99*
    Total: € 1335,17 = $ 1828

How's that?
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  20. Livnthedream

If you are trying to stick to that budget, I would drop to 8 gigs of ram and spend the money saved on an I5 4670k (unlocked multiplier is a godsend, will drastically increase the amount of time before you need to upgrade your processor) and a better power supply. Wattage looks good, but I wouldn't use anything less than gold rated (yours is bronze) on a gaming machine. Power supply is something that is often overlooked, but if it goes than so does your system, often taking the motherboard with it.

Other than that, get a G600 mouse, because I am a G600 fanboy. :)