1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Community Competition - Design the Background

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Introduction
    Ladies, gentlemen and Rowsdowers - cupcakes, all... it's been a little while but it's time once again for a WildStar Central competition!

This time, we're looking for something a little different - a chance to be digitally immortalised. After a fashion. We're looking for you, our community, to design us a new website background! Yes, it's been decided that the Exiles have rule the roost a little too long here at WSC and it's time for a change!

Timeframe and Entering
    To enter, all you will need to do is email your entry to competition@wildstar-central.com before midnight EST on 31st August 2013 - the staff here at WSC will discuss and then announce the three winners by the 15th September 2013.

You will only be allowed one entry, per person - so put your best effort in first, since any subsequent entries will disqualify you!

Yes, you heard us - winners, plural. We will pick the three finest entries for first, second and third place - to be our champions! However, only the first-place winner will actually have their image used as the site background.

Your entry email must include...
    • Your image attached to the email (not embedded) in PNG, JPEG, or GIF format.
    • Your WSC forum username
    • Your real name and postal address (for legal, and prize shipping purposes)
    Please note that your entry will also be agreement to our competition terms and conditions (listed below).

Prizes
    The winners of this little competition will get a custom forum title - "WSC Background Designer 2013". The first-place winner will have the WSC site background changed to their winning entry.

And if the chance of having your artwork plastered all over WSC isn't enough as well as a title then...as with our previous community competitions (courtesy of Carbine Studios) we will also offer some special WildStar prizes as follows...

1st Prize: WildStar Hoodie, WildStar USB Bracelet, WildStar Card Deck, Mechari Mousepad
    2nd Prize: WildStar USB Bracelet, WildStar Card Deck, Mechari Mousepad
    3rd Prize: WildStar USB Bracelet, Mechari Mousepad

That's right, you heard us - we're continuing our tradition of securing real WildStar swag for the public, straight from the top! Who loves ya, baby?

Image Guidelines
    Since this will be replacing our existing background (you can find that at http://wildstar-central.com/styles/wildstarcentral/xenforo/bg.jpg) you will need to ensure your image matches the dimensions of 1950x1200px.

The rest of the site will not be undergoing any modifications to match the winning image, so a similar dark colour palette will be a judging criteria. Screenshots (non-Beta), custom artwork and concept artwork can all be used to create your entry.

The image must be static - no animated GIF's I'm afraid! (far too distracting for a background image!). Finally, the image must display both factions (Exile and Dominion) prominently or be faction-neutral.

Terms and Conditions
    By submitting an entry to the WildStar Central "WSC Site Background" competition, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
    1. The winners will be chosen by WildStar Central staff from all eligible entries emailed in by the deadline. No other method of entry shall be considered valid.
    2. Only one entry on a single email per person. More than one entry or more than one email by the same person will disqualify all entries. Submission deadline closes at midnight EST on 31st August 2013.
    3. Winners will be announced on WildStar Central by 15th September 2013. Announced winners will additionally be contacted by email and prizes will be distributed either by WSC or NCSOFT.
    4. This competition is void where prohibited by national and/or international law. The entrant assumes the total responsibility of knowing that they reside in a state or territory that prohibits such contests and are subject to any local, state or territorial laws. WildStar Central accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
    5. Entries must adhere to the instructions given. Any entries that do not adhere to the guidelines will be disqualified.
    6. Only three prize winners will be assigned, at the discretion of WildStar Central.
    7. WildStar Central cannot be held responsible for extenuating circumstances that may postpone or terminate this contest. In the unlikely event that a contest is postponed or terminated, information will be posted on WildStar Central.
    8. In the unlikely event that a prize package becomes unavailable prior to prize distribution, WildStar Central reserves the right to arrange any prize substitutions.
    9. WildStar Central admins, moderators and their families are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    10. By entering this contest, you agree to assign all rights relating to your creation to WildStar Central - allowing WSC the exclusive right to reuse, distribute and share your image.
    11. DISCLAIMER: WildStar Central has no official ties to NCSOFT Interactive.
    Dysp and Kenyar like this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Good luck to all the participants! Let the Dominion love spread across the WSC :up: No longer Exile only background!

Can't wait to see the winners/entries!

PS: Zap-Robo, will we eventually get to see ALL entries in another thread sometime? It would suck to miss out on so many great artworks....

PSS: To all the other people out there that got Site's/podcasts etc. Please let people know about this!!! I would love to see as many people as possible to make the best piece ever!! :D Spread the word!
    Kenyar likes this.
  3. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

Good Luck all.
    Kenyar likes this.
  4. Saleex

Saleex New Cupcake

I wish I had some skill in photoshopping/picture editing :S
    Good luck everybody :)
    Kenyar likes this.
  5. Mesmir

Mesmir Cupcake

the rewards are rlly nice, i love the hoodie most though :)
    gl to evry1 i s*ck with stuff like this :(
  6. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

Obviously first is the goal, but honestly I'm just glad to see that placing scores one of those SAH-WEET Mechari pads.
  7. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome idea, good luck all :)
    Kenyar likes this.
  8. Kenyar

Kenyar New Cupcake

Hi everyone! :D
    What a nice and big idea! :D Good luck and have fun everyone! :D I join to this competition too. :D
  9. Shilvers

Shilvers New Cupcake

May have to dabble in the black magics again to get my hands one of those bracelet's!
  10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Looking forward to seeing the submissions, get them in people! :D
  11. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Yay! I have been waiting for a new wallpaper for a while and it's cool that you made it a competition Zap :D
    Good luck to you all. Hope to see some great stuff from the great wildstar artists and image manipulators.
    Chuas are such a cute race aren't they *hint* :p
  12. Smedly

Smedly Cupcake

Boo :( I wish I could draw!

Good luck to everyone who enters :D
  13. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

I suck at drawing.
    Good luck to everyone who participate !
  14. Reyson

Reyson New Cupcake

15. NewGuy

NewGuy Cupcake

Just out of curiosity when's the deadline?
  16. Zap-Robo

See the "Timeframe and Entering" section - "before midnight EST on 31st August 2013"
  17. Anlath

Anlath UK/EU Community Manager for WildStar

Best of luck to all entrants! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the entries as there are so many awesome artists and designers in this community!
  18. Zap-Robo

We're barely a week in and we've got a good number of excellent images already! I can see the community really wants to make it difficult for us to decide!
  19. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

*cough* You mean steal the submissions to put on the Fan Art wall. Tricksy Anlath, tricksy... :p
  20. Nienie

Nienie WSC Background Designer 2013

Got to keep working on my entry. I can't wait to see what other people have done though.
    Kenyar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.