1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Confirmed: Chu are Genderless

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Argo, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

In english animal isn't "she" or "he" but "it". Maybe it's all about that?
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Meh those pink versions look feminine enough to me to be the "female chua". I don't know if we have official word on the matter from Carbine though. Sounds like they want to surprise us with the details. I'd do the same if I were them.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

I thought that pink chua was a female.....
  4. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

just make one pink with a girly face if you want to make a traditionally "female" chua, what more do you want? Tits?

I'm glad they went in this direction instead of the more MMO traditional "every female race is a voluptuous bombshell"
    eselle8, Mr_Wayne, Inky and 2 others like this.
  5. Argo

Argo New Cupcake

Except every animal has gender specific names, so I don't know how you came to this conclusion.
  6. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

Am I the only one who thinks there's something suspicious with their gender? In that Comicon interview-I believe from the panel and it has been transcribed on fan sites.....

http://www.zam.com/s...760&storypage=3

Due to the Chua’s boundless enthusiasm, their love of wanton destruction and their exponential ability to learn and adapt, are they the Mechari’s Pandora’s Box? Is there a concern that the robotic race has unleashed a force that could eventually become overwhelming to all?
    Moore (laughing): “I think that’s absolutely a valid concern.”
    Donatelli: “There very well maybe things in place to cool their enthusiasm...”

I'm really starting to get the feeling that the cassians may have made them assexual to prevent this.
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

they might grow from trees like the popori (as seen on a wall paper)
  8. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

Really odd how some have posted in this thread think Chua are Androgynous or Asexual still despite the references showing clearly otherwise...

I have no doubts, judging from the screenshots and dev quotes that Carbine clearly is displaying two separate genders for the Chua.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

but the gaffer did say their gender was a dominion secret
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

YES! YES, absolutely I want my character to have her Tits!! i'm very proud of my own chest, and would like my character (whatever race she might be - very very very preferably a Chua Spellslinger!!) to have Boobs!! Like these two pics that Karbacca made for me!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will cry in a corner if I cannot at LEAST make a Chua that LOOKS like a female - i mean curl up in a ball in the corner of my bed and CRY....I MEAN IT - IT WILL HAPPEN IF I CANNOT!!!!!!!
    Azhdaha likes this.
  11. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

Exactly, he said the Chua gender was a secret, i.e.; singular gender and he did not say Chua lack gender either. Which eliminates androgyny and asexual as I mentioned.

When it comes to interviews on NDA-related matters, semantics is everything.
  12. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

14. johnny

johnny New Cupcake

I work with animals all day long and I cant tell a male Gerbil from a female one unless I investigate and thats...thats just awkward for the both of us. the only rodents I can out right figure out are rats and that's because the males have mad danglers. as for the couple of you joking or not that are calling out for boobs why not call out for some dangling junk so we know if its a fella or a female.

In all seriousness though I think its a far better idea for both sexes to look the same leaving it up to you to decide if you want your male or female to look cutesy or mean.
    Eluldor and McGamer like this.
  15. Zorua

Zorua New Cupcake

This is all I can find. Given the [INSERT NDA LORE HERE], we can assume that it's not that they actually have one sex (like the asari, who are all women who-- nevermind...Bad example, gamesradar.) It's just that a normal person may not be able to tell because they look like their physiology is probably based off the gerbil and/or rabbit...

And gerbil are very androgynous looking. They are mammalian, but the female just has a smaller and less potent scent gland and is slightly smaller in the body. (Also, she has lady parts, but for both the male and female you have to know what you're looking for in order to tell the sex.) Which would be why only a chua could tell the differences between sexes. (The female scent gland would emit different pheromones.)
    Daynejah likes this.
  16. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

Seems like something someone would have mentioned.
  17. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly, from the screenshots we've seen, the only thing that makes sense to me is that they have genders.
  18. agien

agien Cupcake

The only thing I can think of that may or may not make a difference to male or female is any vocalization a character may do.

Fighting or other wise I feel like somebody trying to say they are female may wish for a more feminine sound.

That being said I couldn't tell you a dog was male or female by it's bark or a mouse by its squeak so I guess that would be something a player would just have to accept.
  19. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

Chua Female

Attached Files:

Veckna likes this.
  20. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

They are gays :D Haha