1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Confused by NDA header - does this mean I am in the beta?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Tybald, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Tybald

Tybald New Cupcake

Ok so I, like many folks, have been waiting on my beta invite (fingers crossed) - no dice yet.

However when I registered here on the forms I suddenly get a big huge header warning about the rules for posting about beta content. Does this mean the system thinks I am in the beta?

Seems very confusing if I am not in the beta to be bound by the NDA?

I mean, not having seen the beta outside of the live stream videos by Wildstar, I could say that the sky is mostly up and the ground mostly down, and unwittingly violate the NDA because that description does reflect actual beta conditions....

Just keep in mind that I am easily confused, but I bet I am not the only one
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Even if you aren't in beta and haven't signed the NDA, we like to respect Carbine's decision to keep things under wraps and not leak anything. It is an honour thing than any legally binding agreement.
  3. Tybald

Tybald New Cupcake

I totally understand that - just confused by the sudden NDA warning once I registered - so you are saying that all registered forum users see that warning?
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

This site acts according to the rules set by Carbine.

By registering on this site you comply with that rule which is just the same as the NDA rule set by Carbine.

Hence the warning......and still people break the NDA on a regular base...can you imagine? :p
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Yes. Everyone sees it, it can be dismissed by the little x in the right-hand corner. And your point is well taken, I've modified the wording a little for clarity.