1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Cooking Skill & Racial Recipe Effects

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Domi Dayglow, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So........

Hubby is pretty much addicted to Red Bull. Honestly I'm pretty sure I could pay a Wildstar subscription for two years with what we spend on Red Bull a month. Then I was wandering around this website ( http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Aurin ) and came across this little tidbit:

Now I know this is a wikia site and it doesn't even quote the source of this information, but it got me to thinking....

What if some cooking recipes gave an extra bonus to certain races? Such as:

Super Java Shot!: This shot of caffeine increases movement speed by 10% for 30 minutes. If consumed by an Aurin, increase movement speed by 20% for 30 minutes.

Hair of the Dog Beer: This bathtub fermented alcoholic beverage Increases damage dealt by 10% for 30 minutes. If consumed by a Granok, increases damage dealt by 20% for 30 minutes.
    Ianpact likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I just love that quote of yours because it describes my behaviour after I drink a glass of coke/coffee.

I wonder what happens if you give it to a Chua....:eek:
  3. Domi Dayglow

Chua would probably just explode. Or drink something that explodes.

That reminds me! Carbine needs to make a Hug or Glomp emote/attack/gadget ability. Racial only for aurins of course.
  4. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I had cup of coffee a couple weeks ago in order to stay awake during a late-night midterm. Didn't sleep for two days after that. Maybe I'm just a fat tail-less Aurin?

I think racial food effects would be really cool. But in reality it would probably lead to some exploit or situations where suddenly everyone has to play 'x' race for 'x' class in order to truly min-max dps.

However, I don't see any problem if the effect was just graphical instead of actually altering the stats.

Example: Drinking 'mudder's milk' gives granoks a smiley drunk look. (btw, for all of you Firefly fans: 'mudder's milk' is totally in the game already, so cool!^^)
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

thx Domi, this wiki is so interesting:D. it gave me info i didn't even know about the aurin like: The Aurin believe in and can interact with a force called "the Weave," the energy that connects all living beings. This allows them to make an emphatic connection with their environment, allowing them to "talk" with organisms like the trees, feel the health of their habitat in their gut, and feed off of the life energy of the flora. <- this already had me thinking of the backstory of a awesome vampiric bat aurin female alt but then i looked at it again and saw that its only life energy of flora........:cry:.........i really wanted it to say fauna too :(
  6. Domi Dayglow

That's still an Aurin. Hugs!

Not if properly balanced. In the example above? Rocksalt Pie gives Granoks the same extra bonus that Super Java Shot gives Aurin. Methspresso gives the 20% bonus to humans (and cassians) while just 10% to non-human races, and so on.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

If they do that - then they need to make my /ChuaPounce emote too!
    Ianpact likes this.
  8. t209

t209 Cupcake

The one problem is Wildstar is that you can't choose Lowborn (would prefer harder drink) or Highborn (would prefer classy drink) since I wanted to make Guiness Stout or Whisky (It's how British spell Whiskey) or a Pint of Beer. I am actually thinking about Mechari Bender.