1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Credd to gold. Buy everything?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Arsonist, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I think we're in agreement here, CREDD does let you do what you listed in terms of preparing for content quicker (the exact same advantage any affluent player would have), however it still relies on players to of found or created those items. But there is a big difference between that and Pay 2 Win because you can't just buy power that imbalances you against others who haven't used the same method.

Let remember this isn't an excuse where you have the choices of option A. Buy mega item for £5 or B. Grind for months on cooldown limited abilities (Neverwinter I'm looking at you here) to get the same currency value for that item. It's pay £5 for this item because you don't have the time or willpower to go and farm the mats to craft this item yourself.

The point I'm trying to make regardless of the contrived pathways of my mind is that WS is not punishing you for not buying C.R.E.D.D in the same way EVE doesn't punish you for not getting PLEX, it's just handy cash injection.

The downside that I do see coming from a mile off however, is the inflation of gold due to C.R.E.D.D and then potentially the buying issues on the AH as items become targeted for the large amounts of "CREDDcash" by players as opposed to the more realistic prices if there wasn't a way of injecting cash into the economy.

That however is Carbines balancing nightmare to forsee and continue to balance post launch, we just need to give appropriate feedback instead of firing off half thought through opinions.
    Kataryna likes this.
  2. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

If gold becomes limited we will have gold sellers.
    I am sure people will find a way to buy lots of gold for real money. The only thing I'd like is for Carbine to make all the end game quality gear/items to be BoP (except consumables).
    When it come to crafting we could have end level gear crafting by letting players obtain end game crafting materials themselves (all BoPs). Then when player brings all those materials (which are soul bound to him) to the crafter he can craft some gear from them. That gear would still be soul bound to the player who brought the materials.

You are somewhat right but RPGs are too gear dependant. Skills only matter as far as you are not out-gearing the content. I just don't want people being able to out-gear easy/beginning raid content by using real money. It's obvious that final raid content will become skill based but it's a long way to get there. I don't wish W* being PTW until I hit the top when it stops being PTW and becomes effort based game. I don't mind people buying their progress until level cap but that's when conveniences should stop.
  3. Usk

Usk New Cupcake

That's the point. In all games there have always been ways to get tons of gold. Throught gold seller, or CREED, Diamonds or PLEX systems.

The problem is not in the CREED system, but its a fact that Wildstar will have to find a way to avoid P2W, imo the best way is locking the epic and powerfull items, with features that we already know like BoE, Rep, Achievmentd etc. As long as Wildstar do this correctly I think there wont be any problem.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I fear that the latter is inevitable. XD
  5. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

There was a response recently from Carbine regarding this. The way you describe it is what they are going to use. I just hope they will balance it much better than WoW does.
  6. Usk

Usk New Cupcake

Yeah I really hope so, otherwise there will be bad consequences.