1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Crossbreeds

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Fate Flyer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

A thought. For all we know, the Mechari *are* Eldan, with different memories ;o
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

from what we've been told the Mechari have no idea what the Eldan look like, as they were activated after they were sent off of Nexus. so i'm pretty sure they're not Eldans, or even Eldan minds in Mech bodies
  3. bitbandit

That's suspect as <REDACTED> no ? Also. id wager the base mechari template we've seen is a fair approximation of what the Eldan were/are like. Also, we may have an unreliable narrator and not be aware of that~ http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnreliableNarrator
  4. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

Nice discussion. I think this is a tough topic due to the nature of written stories. They are only real in the writers mind... no matter what outcomes we find they can change the true outcome on the fly! Not saying this is all for not cause even a blind squirrel is right once a day. I think you came up with some good theories... I kinda am leading to the fact that the Cassians are the Eldan (or at least some of them) and that the Eldan fled from their homeworld due to some as of yet unknown evil that was threatening their existence. By setting up this intergalactic army that is soon to arrive on nexus maybe their "goal" is to have these people resettle the land for them, find the evil, and hopefully do what the Eldan could not and destroy it. Then the Eldan swoops in and blue washes the planet, killing all the poor doomonions and Exiles.
    There is an extensive focus on raiding in WS. I find it hard to believe their will not be some greater evil hidden within Nexus. Watch the first trailer when the three exiles fall into the earth and land in the crazy ruins. That place screams ancient evil if you ask me (not saying that exact ruin is the place this will all be, just saying their is obviously more ruins.... and more baddys)
  5. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Oh God a Draken Human. I got an image I should not have gotten...
  6. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Sounds like a request for Karbacca!
    ruff_ethereal and Fate Flyer like this.
  7. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

8. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

Agreed. :D

I love cross-breeds. Not sure if it'll be in the lore much seeing as how we can't play as a cross-breed, but would be neat.
  9. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

It's a staple in sci-fi as well. Like in the new Dr Who, where we meet "the last human," but it turns out she's the last pure blooded human because the race spread out into the galaxy and hybridized.
  10. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Its a fantasy futuristic game were magic also existe so anything is possible really.......personaly I dont see the point of making hybreeds when the developers have the freedom to create any kind of life form and use magic or tecnology (or both) to justify its existence.
  11. bitbandit

well, there's all manner of rp & story content that could come from it directly, and so on.
  12. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

Fate Flyer likes this.
  13. Oroshi

Oroshi Cupcake

You see ancient aliens (the Eldan) visited earth many years ago and genetically modified the local animal stock to raise humans up as a future workforce, using their own DNA. They then went on to build the pyramids, and every other unexplained wonder, before disappearing for ever.

[​IMG]

Due to this DNA mixed it lead to the ability of further genetic mixing, when it suited the Eldan needs.

As proof to this, I'll off some loosely related information basically saying Nexus is in Orion's belt, and the structures on earth (such as pyramids, and Mayan temples) all point to this.

Sorry could not resist
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  14. Nekofest

Nekofest Cupcake-About-Town

pls no erotic fanfiction
  15. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

Does bringing together your two characters youll have on your account count?
  16. Renaise

Renaise Cupcake

I pray the devs come out and explicitly state there is no cross breeding between the species. Just for my own sanity xD
  17. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Personally, I think that if you look at the female Draken, you've already seen what a draken/human crossbreed would look like. They're extremely humanoid, especially compared to the males.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  18. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I think you just gave the rundown of how humanity started in the "Guyver" series...
  19. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

If they wanna use the realism card, there can't be any crossbreeding. The DNA of the various races is far too different to allow combining.
  20. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Not necessarily. They can always pull the "genetic experiment" card. They used science and/or magic to cross the uncrossable! Playing god is always fun for the arrogant or sciency types :)