1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Crossbreeds

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Fate Flyer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Dragon[SVG]

Dragon[SVG] Cupcake-About-Town

I just want to see what might happen if Granok mate with anyone lmao. I mean they mentioned that they have "big stones" so wouldn't that mean they get around? There has to be some weird rock/flesh hybrid child out there.
  2. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

That wasn't my concern, unfortunately. x_X
  3. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Ah yes, ofcourse but that wouldn't be really crossbreeding per se. No, crossbreeding would be if the lore starts to mention offspring conceived normally between races.
  4. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Then what would it be? Crossing the d.n.a. of two or more different species, even if you are using science and not breeding... Wouldn't it still be called a crossbreed? Mythological creatures that weren't "bred" from two parent cratures normally are still called crossbreeds, so why not with a scientifically created one?
    Also, the forum thread about the 4th Exile race that I get the biggest kick out of is "Dominion cloning experiment gone wrong"... So why not have them attempt a test tube crossbreed species? Pretty sure from what we've seen of them, "Ethics" aren't very high on their minds when experimenting.
    You can almost guarantee that they've tried to create a better soldier by crossing the Draken with something else, trying to take the best traits from each.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  5. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I own a Miniature Goldendoodle. She wasn't created by normal breeding, but instead through artificial insemination (as a miniature Poodle is not capable of mating with a Golden Retriever), and yet she is a crossbreed.
    Ssj782 likes this.
  6. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Is it even plausible that they COULD breed? If you read their back story here (http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_the_war_of_gnox.php), it says at the bottom of the second paragraph that they were "hewn" from the living stone. So they may not breed at all.
    Though that makes me wonder about there being a seemingly "female" Granok... until I remember that there are "female" Mechari as well.
    Dragon[SVG] likes this.
  7. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I think I would have to say that's still through "normal" breeding. The puppy wasn't born in a test tube, I assume it was born from a female dog... Eureka! That's it! I can keep the breeding part that Chomag is complaining about and still keep my own crossbreed...
    Thanks, Fate Flyer :) I'm giving your post a "Like", since it gave me an idea, lol.
    Why not put the d.n.a. cocktail together in a tube, then artificially inseminate the female? You could have a female of just one of the species carry it to birth, and it would technically still count as your "breeding" type crossbreed. :)
    Edit: After I wrote this and posted it, the country song "Meet in the Middle" playing through my head.
  8. Dragon[SVG]

Dragon[SVG] Cupcake-About-Town

Makes sense. I was saying for purely comical reasons I want to just see what that might look like lmao.
  9. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

Every time I see/think of Granok breeding, I always get a "rock hard" innuendo in my head... Am I a perv? Or is it just that easy to connect due to watching the "Meet the Exiles" video? Kit's twang reminds me of family, except that I think I LIKE Kit, so it's going to stick with me a while.