1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Dealing damage as a healer

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by hopscotch, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Maxing out healing and throwing out DPS SHOULD each have their own positives and negatives, they should be all dependant on the exact encounter and your groups setup.
  2. Cryzon

Cryzon New Cupcake

I would like to see it, but each healing class should deal the same amount of healing and dps, and give the same utility. dont want to see a disc priest 2.0
  3. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

healer dps is also healing pro actively after all the quicker the enemy dies the less hits people take and the less HP they lose and the less you need to spend big mana to heal keep people topped off etc so I think healer throwing out some dps being 25-30% of a full dps or more is fine to me and I also played a disc priest in WoW during Wotlk and Cata and I thought it was great to heal and do dmg at the same time when the situation called for it providing I had the mana to spare ofc :D
  4. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I am sure it will depend on the class, but I really love that with the beta patch notes discussion we now know Spellslingers use mana to heal and possibly not to do a lot of their other DPS abilities. It could make a spec very interesting, especially for off-healing a tough encounter or even PvP.
  5. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

I love that unique healer feeling of responsibility. If you fail you know how you screwed up. I also love when the group is in a dire situation and on voice chat you suddenly hear, "Tank's about to die! <REDACTED>, over-healing caught the attention of X. Protect the healer, protect the healer!"

Group roles I'm not picky about, it's the group interaction I'm interested in. I think most people's concern is that the healer just sits in the corner doing his own thing, staring at HealBot or whatever. It may be playing the class well, but that doesn't always make it fun to play.
    Nintarie likes this.
  6. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

I have got to say that the most fun I had in WoW was playing an Atonement based Disc priest. Mainly because it allowed me to actually see what was going on. I am sure if I was doing heroic raids I would have needed to swap to more of a traditional disc priest build, but just doing LFR it was fine and with the new changes it would have been even better.

Also in Rift Chloromancer was a great soul especially when you initially could heal everyone at once! I actually also enjoyed the Archon soul in Rift though most people I grouped with really did not understand what I was doing...

I would really like a similar type of healing in Wildstar, but I am not holding my breath. It would be nice if you were able to put a debuff on the boss that allowed people to heal from it (like I have seen in a recent game I played) but we will have to wait and see what they have in mind.
  7. Nintarie

Nintarie New Cupcake

I completely agree, playing a class well doesn't mean that it's fun, and I agree that healing could definitely get more variety to it to change it up a bit, but still keep it intense. That's why I liked Resto Druid in World of Warcraft, so much variety in what you can do.
  8. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

I would love if they made the combat more versatile so that you couldn't just sit there looking at your spells.

The constant movement that you'll need to line up different aoes is going to be interesting and it should be much more group orientated rather than just sitting there spamming 1 on the tank.
  9. pondfilter

pondfilter Cupcake

That's pretty much what they did with the telegraph mechanic, you know. I think the combat will be fun, even for healers. We shouldn't worry about that. I'm getting eager to play the game now, damn.

Also, nothing beats the satisfaction you get from being praised by your group for being a good healer. 8)
    Tiberius likes this.