1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Disliking Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Rentah, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

I had a thought. Is there something to dislike with Wildstar at the moment? Is there something deep down that you thought could've been done in a different way or done at all? For me. Its the UI. I think it looks like creamy paint(paintcan) clear colours just smashed here and there. I thought it could've been done with alittle bit more style. Like if it was floating/having a montage in it, bubbling or shaking. Making it more alive.

If you have to be picky. What do you dislike thus far?

I thought that maybe we arent in the beta. but hell yeah. We can still provide information. We've been leeching information years some of us for this game. Why not try and help carbine from an angle possible for us?

Cmon cupcakes!
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Everyone WILL have something they dislike at one point, no game will ever be perfect.
    But it's your job to look trough those points and see the greatness of the game ;)

I personally don't know everything in the game, so I refrain from giving any comments on that :D

(RP)
    Oh wait no I know 1 thing: I absolutely Detest the Exiles!!!! :devilish:
    LoweGearShift, Kataryna and Rentah like this.
  3. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I thought there was a long thread on this recently?
    Witless likes this.
  4. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

I don't care for how sexualized the female character models are and I'd strongly prefer characters being able to have two names. I suspect that once the game gets up and running, there will probably be a zone or two that makes me cringe or a dungeon I find annoying or I'll not be perfectly happy with the amount of attention given to raids versus PvP versus housing versus solo content.

That's just part of playing an MMO. I suspect all but the most rabid fans will have at least one gripe, and if we're lucky, their gripes will be different than mine (if everyone has the same complaint, that's a sign that something is more deeply problematic).
    Yinello, Daynejah and Eluldor like this.
  5. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

It's definitely early to say what one dislikes about the game, solely due to the fact that we do not know a large amount. We know some bigger game systems but do not know of any final implementation of them.

- As you've stated, people may not like the UI. The good news is that they've stated that every UI component is modifiable. Of course this may change as it opens up a large amount of possibilities including different looking UIs, quest trackers, path locations, boss mods, etc.
    - LFD will be in. I don't believe if they have stated if it will teleport you to the dungeon, nearby hub, or not at all. Some (especially on this forum) may dislike this feature as you are no longer building your own groups, thus communicating with others.
    - Hard dungeons/raids - Carbine has stated that dungeons/raids will be hard and they are fine if LFD groups (if they don't communicate/CC) cannot finish the dungeon. Some may dislike this as it can make gearing more difficult.
    - Dynamic Weekly Raids - Some may dislike this feature as they cannot just learn a fight and rinse/repeat. It can lead to a group that can normally kill 6/10 that gets stuck on the first boss again.
    - Single Difficulty Raids - This can upset some as this can limit content they can see by not having an easy mode.
    - PVP/Raid/Solo gear- Elder games is going to have solo/PVP/Raid progression which can lead to 3 sets of gear. PVP gear is not optimal in Raid/Solo, and same with the others.
    - Group quests- this can limit the content one has available to you if you do not want to group

There is plenty more, including payment model options. As Extatica stated, there is going to be things that people do not like about this game. It'll be up to Carbine on what audience they want to target to (currently Ex-MMO players and new MMO players) and for them to do their best to make a game for them.
  6. Yule

Yule Cupcake

The fact that not all races can be all classes. Personally, it is just a hindrance for me to play whatever i want.
    Sol, Luc, Aldamar and 5 others like this.
  7. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

No offense but I was in a local Wal-Mart earlier today and I'd say most of the females sexualized themselves just fine. It didn't require some artist to make their boobs bigger or give them a bubble butt or paint skimpy clothes on them. Just saying, the game is probably more accurate to real life than not. It's 2013, it's just the way it is.

And it's summer... I can't tell you how many swim suits and bikinis that showed right through the near see through covers. Didn't leave much to the imagination that's for sure. Not that I had a problem with it. =)
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You live in the USA, right?
    Rafael Dellamora and Kataryna like this.
  9. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

It is. And that's the point, right?
    Yule likes this.
  10. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

If you ask me, not for me personally but i think those that play mmo's for relaxed gameplay will not like the fast action pased setting put up here.

I predict that will be most common complained after launch. All the rest is basically being addressed.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  11. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Don't worry. There will be lots of addons.
    Rafael Dellamora likes this.
  12. Ramminar Dixon

Ramminar Dixon Cupcake

Numbers in names really suck in the end. I don't want to see S3ph1r0th69, it breaks immersion.
    CaRaDaGaiTa and Catrike like this.
  13. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Sexualized female chars? I dont think it's as bad as Tera Online..

[​IMG]

Seriously this is just perverted this is meant to be armour lol and this isn't even the most revealing picture.
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And what about my Mechari named: Prototype X2000......now he feels discriminated....by YOU!!!
    Phyllo likes this.
  15. Darkhors3

Darkhors3 Cupcake

Ok one thing I dont like is that I cant have 2 names.
    Baamz and Ianpact like this.
  16. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Let's start at the game's start! Character creation. Numbers and lack of spaces in game = negative. No sliders for height or body type = negative. The default models are highly exaggerated, people say that that is the style and represent racial silhouettes, but I just see it as a negative aspect

I always complain about poor character creators like in SWTOR's where everyone was a different color human. Please get character creation down, Carbine has actual aliens going for them to start!

Umm where do you live for that to occur in wal-mart, which I largely avoid anyways. Pretty sure you didn't see people with huge breasts and tiny waists though! Because those are exaggerated in-game proportions. Clothing style is far different.

Pretty sure you meant for the name "Prototype X2000" sorry no spaces haha! You either get Prototype or X2000.
  17. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

18. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

i agree .. on the other hand it saves me the trouble of having to be bothered by people before ignoring them.
  19. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

I'm fine with giving female players the option to sexualize their characters. I don't want to be forced to sexualize mine. That's the thing about the people at Wal-Mart. (Well, your Wal-Mart. At mine, folks lean toward being bigger and frumpier.) They all got to get up and choose how they presented themselves to the world. I don't personally feel WildStar has done enough in this respect.

I realize it's not going to change and it's ultimately not enough to talk me out of buying the game, but at least let me sit at home and dislike it.

That's one of a couple of games that went so far over the line that I opted not to play it and to wait until my friends tired of it and moved on to something else, so saying that it's worse doesn't make me more fond of WildStar's choices. That being said, I recall there being one or two races where the women weren't sexualized, in spite of there being several that I found to be unpleasnatly sexual. WildStar doesn't have options for that beyond the Chua.
    Yinello and Daynejah like this.
  20. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Once again clothing options versus body type. Females in WildStar are huge breasts with itty bitty waists. At least that character in Tera has an achievable, though not normal, body.