1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Disliking Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Rentah, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Awww it ain't so bad Pyro it's just that the anonymity factor of the internet tends to draw out the loudest, most obnoxious and ignorant but, they are not the majority.

Still plenty of good people out there.
  2. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I dislike proportions of the characters. The guys are all heavy buffed and the women have a petite waist with huge breasts. I really like androgyny and I hope that I can find some of it when customizing my Mordesh.

I dislike the obvious hate train that will spawn with two opposing factions. I do not look forward to battlegrounds with people screaming WAAH THIS IS WHY X IS BETTER BECAUSE Y SUCKS. -.-;

And that's all really. Why would I be here if I disliked it all? ;)
  3. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

For the moment, not to have more texts language options.

Not chua stalker

LFD app instead of a chat.

Not spanish server (for the moment)
  4. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

I really don't see the problem with "sexualising" characters.
    The guys are all pretty buff and have 6 packs etc, which is fine, I don't look like that irl, but id be happy to.
    So in a fantasy game, I would want to look awesome.

I don't understand why women wouldn't want to play someone who looked like the ideal woman? why would you want to play some fat biffer with 3 chins who weighs 20 stone. Even if that's how you look irl, surely you would want to escape to a world where you are actually hot?

I know in my dreams/fantasies/imagination etc, I wouldn't go "hmm, shall I imagine myself as a scrawny little geek, or a big powerful man with huge shoulders".
    Same as if I was a woman, I think id probably want to look hot in my imagination, not ugly...
    Anorissa, Kataryna and Zondeel like this.
  5. Cyn

Cyn New Cupcake

I dislike the limited action system.
    Afrotech and Sevvy like this.
  6. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

As to the Pixar comment and how they don't exaggerate, well...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. binzer

binzer Cupcake

Why is it always about women? The men have barrel chests and tiny waists. Are guys not allowed to be insecure or offended by body types?

I'm going to stop myself from going on though, because sexualization in games is on the list of prohibited topics for this forum. Did no one read that notice?

As far as character customization goes, I would be happy to see some slight variances available when it comes to height or proportions, but nothing major. The animation in this game is sooo much better than other mmos, and as soon as you start messing too much with the weight of a character, the animations no longer feel natural (for the record, I am an animator).

The art style is one of the things I love most about this game is the art style, so I'm surprised that so many people dislike it. It's so much more vibrant than realistic games, and in general it just makes me happy. I also think that it will age better than a lot of games, similar to how it works in movies. If you watch an old disney movie, or even the original Toy Story, it still looks good. If you watch a movie with "realistic" special effects or CG from the same era, it looks terrible! Because we live in reality we can immediately feel it when something realistic doesn't look quite right, but anything cartoony has a ton of freedom to be ridiculous and still look great. I think this gives Carbine more freedom to create interesting things, and that's good news for us!

So far the only things I'm not crazy about in this game are things that I can easily ignore or not participate in, so those don't really count. I do hope that there are some challenging puzzles or mysteries involved with some of the Paths though. That aspect of TSW is why I even played TSW, and it would be nice if WS included even a dash of that sort of thing.
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

I'm a bit worried about endgame from a soloists point of view. They keep saying they will have content, but then immediately turn and talk about raiding and warplots. I generally solo or play in small groups for a variety of reasons, and I'm starting to feel like the weird cousin that gets invited to the family gathering because they have to, not because they want to.
  9. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

The great thing about the internet is that anyone can advocate a view with a couple of pictures. One of those same movies also features females with barely definable breasts. And yes, the Pixar comment was mine, and I could pull 5(maybe 10) to 1 main characters in my favor. Anyways, we were asked to not go there. As this thread is about your dislikes, which I don't see you stating :p.

And another dislike for me is lack of esper for Mordesh. With the lore provided so far, I think the class is fitting.
  10. Pretelethal

Pretelethal Cupcake

At least her breast don't look like torpedoes stuck to her neck and look like real breasts
  11. Pretelethal

Pretelethal Cupcake

Looking for Dungeon is bad?
  12. Roguehandle

Roguehandle Cupcake

I am a solo player also. Like all other new MMO's they tailor to the higher profit margin which is PvP, raids and such. Your are forced to group to finish hard quests or quests that are in hard dungeons. Its just a fact of the gaming world and makes me sad.

I hate people coming up to you and begging to duel them. *hiss*
  13. Fingers

Fingers Cupcake-About-Town

Do we have a crafting section yet, had an idea for a new profession :whistling:
  14. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

yes.
    once upon a time dungeons were about communicating and working together. since lfd they have become about zerging for loot.
  15. zaricko

zaricko New Cupcake

i dislike the double kill and tripple kill voice
  16. NILVIO

NILVIO Cupcake

I dislike lack of information about PvP.
  17. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

No no no no no. Buff and six packs are a POWER fantasy. Not a sexual fantasy. Why do many/certain/some women not want to play sexualised women? Because they're characters made for men, not for women.

I have no problem with people wanting to play sexualized women and power fantasy men, but I don't want games to shove them on me and claim that everyone wants to play them. Because shocker, we are all people with different tastes and interests who might want to play something else than the stereotype.

Lack of diversity and repetition of body types is what turned me away from games like Allods Online. WS can only gain more fans by having more body types.
  18. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

I dislike the amount of information that has been sent out officially to the fans. If im not mistaken. The only thing big that was released the LAST 6 MONTHS was 2 races. Isnt that alittle bit cheap?
  19. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

Class and race limitations. It blows my mind that a game in 2013 still has these archaic and arbitrary limitations.
    Chua cannot be stalker is disappointing. Which really doesn't make much sense since stalker is based on advanced technology and Chuas are supposed to be technological geniuses.
  20. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

This^ I'm hoping they expand it again.