1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Disliking Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Rentah, Jul 27, 2013.

1. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

i tend to agree, though I am interested in getting my hands on it first. i can see it being a good thing, possibly, but it is not my preference. I think limited action sets is a good idea to an extent. I think the extent to which they are limiting the action sets is still too low though. Or too high (not enough slots).
  2. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I know the point was your's. My point with the pictures was to point out that not all Pixar movies did characters the way you were stating. My pictures show that there is more than one style done by Pixar, that's all.

As to my dislikes, I already did post those.
  3. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

If you mean really in depth info then you have somewhat of a point. If not then you might want to go through the news section here as we have been given a lot of information.
  4. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

I have read about everything i can get my hands on more or less. But its not enough. We havent gotten to know any Specific attack - No Bosses mechanics. no loots - no variation of looks. No instance sample. Proffessions? Nothing more or less. And if you're going to state that - showing the animation of some esper attacks , or the instance with all the whirlwinds is something to prove me wrong. Then you're wrong. They did show 1 dungeons 2 rooms. Didnt even do the battle. didnt show a sample of how hard it was. NOTHING. just ran in and showed us - looks. he is a boss, lets move on. And the esper attacks. just saying. shoot etheral blades. thats just cosmetics. i want damage facts. what kind of dmg. what kind of dmg. what hp the mobs are at. how long a normal mob takes to kill. Carbine really reveals nothing...
  5. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Okay, guess I'm just confused then, I'm not sure why you expect to learn so much detail while its still under NDA.
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

That kind of information is rarely if ever talked about at this point in the beta cycle as none of those factors are locked in. We will not get those sorts of numbers until we have something that could be considered a release candidate. I mean right now players are not even allowed to reach "max level" yet!
    Kataryna and Witless like this.
  7. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

why would they run us through a step-by-step encounter with a boss? Wouldn't you want to find that out for yourself?

dude, no MMO ever is just going to give you a spreadsheet of data to comb over. you'll know the exact HP number of individual mobs when you play the game

if you're idea of getting pumped for a game release is combing over data points and parsing rundown times, you should totes get a job as a CPA, I think it would be fun for you
    Kataryna and Witless like this.
  8. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

ahhh remember the days when people played games before they decided if they liked them or not.

Lets all go thoroughly read through reviews and plot lines of movies on IMDB before we see them too!
    Or decide we don't like HBO's Game of Thrones because the pictures and description on the back of the books turned you off!
    Lets not ever listen to any songs before we have first discovered exactly what instruments and sound effects were used in making the song!
    At the end of a date lets sit down and thoroughly discuss and plan out everything we are going to do in the bedroom so we can decide if its even worth it too.........well that actually sounds pretty good!

Sure there are things to dislike about what has been seen so far but the bigger point is this, is there enough good stuff to warrant trying the game out?

From what I have seen of the game so far there are few ppl who could honostly answer that with no!
    Livnthedream likes this.
  9. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Yes, there IS a lot more to the game. The point was the things you dislike about the game are the main facets of the game. You dislike things that make Wildstar... well, Wildstar.
    If you want to play it, by all means. I just feel it rather odd for someone to dislike an entire social aspect of an MMO and the faction system in the same one and still want to play it. /shrug
    To each their own I guess.
  10. binzer

binzer Cupcake

When I first played TSW, I hated the idea of a LAS, but now I'm a believer. It actually encourages strategy and teamwork because you can't just do everything all the time. In dungeons, raids, and even pvp, it will definitely make sense to coordinate with your team to make sure you're not needlessly doubling up on certain skills.

It also encourages strategy in solo play, but tbh, it's a pain in the butt if it goes too far and you have to constantly be swapping skills while leveling. I think 9 was probably a good number (or even 8!) but 7 might be extreme. I suppose TSW only had 7 slots (plus an auxiliary slot) but I always felt like I needed one more. I'm sure the number is still open to change though! Even being able to unlock an extra slot at max level would be nice.
  11. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

Eh, I don't share the same gripes, but I can understand having some substantial areas where you disagree with a game's choices while still wanting to get the game. If I were to list every area where I think WoW could use some improvement, we'd be talking all day. I still subscribe to it and enjoy it.

A lot of people gripe about various communication issues because they seem like problems that should be easier to solve and because it's frustrating that so few developers take the time to, but those pet peeves don't necessarily ruin everyday gameplay. Factions and focus on the hardcore at endgame are present in most MMOs. Someone who wanted to avoid those would be limited to...well, I can only think of one game, and it's one that many people ended up disliking for other reasons. The number and variety of abilities do tend to affect most people's enjoyment of a game, but that's also something to judge for sure until you've actually played the game.

I can pretty easily imagine someone who's captivated by WildStar because of the Paths and the housing, or because they're fascinated with a particular race or like the action-oriented combat.
  12. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

The problem i have is that they dont show us anything. I dont mean spreadsheets of boss tactics. i just want a small check.. " so right. This boss has this whole new ability which does this for example. and lots of these stuff are you going to encounter in our game " . you see what i mean? they just like. this is a boss. I hate it :(
  13. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

As to the dislikes, my bad. As to the pixar/dreamworks comment. I said more so than not, the characters are how I stated. Pretty sure you can confirm that statement yourself by looking through said films (main) characters. I never included a word like "exclusively" or "all".

Another thing I dislike about WildStar is that people think that the female toons resemble more pixar/dreamworks females than it really does :D
  14. Pretelethal

Pretelethal Cupcake

You know one of the reasons why SWTOR failed was?

Not having a LFG system at launch.

Wildstar has one and I thank god that they do
  15. azmundai

doubtful. the servers were full of level 50s who were sitting around with nothing left to do because they had already completed all of the content the lfd gave access to.
  16. Pretelethal

Pretelethal Cupcake

Actually once they added LFG more people game back so I don't really know what your talking about. As long as the group finder is server only and not multi server you can rest your worries.
  17. Pretelethal

Pretelethal Cupcake

I for one got soooo sick of spamming LFG LFG LFG in both guildars 2 and in swtor it would take like an hour sometimes to find a group....And where was this communication you speak of? It was still a zerg for gear for like half the groups I would get spamming LFG in Trade Chat.

It will always be a "chance" of players behaving this way because its the players personalities not the LFG that causes zerg for gear. Though you are correct if it was multi server based such as in WoW because in WoW or games in general with multi server LFG people say screw you because you are never going to see that person again. Though in SWTOR there is no multi server so this isnt the case and I play SWTOR sometimes and I've noticed there still is communication its not a zerg fest. So I don't know what you are talking about.

Now if it was Looking for "Raid" that's a different story.
  18. azmundai

thats not even remotely how it went down from my experience .. but really not worth arguing about either
  19. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

The thing is though, LFG won't just be server only in this game. And they think a server only "option" will solve the problem. (Hint: it won't)
  20. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Does a great job resembling the HUMAN females ;)