1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do Espers have a connection to the Void?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kay, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Kay

Kay Cupcake

I read somewhere that Espers may have some connection to the void. Is this true, or just a theory?
  2. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

It is my understanding that there is no connection between a typical Esper and the void. ESPers (or Extra Sensory Perception-ers) are simply more mentally evolved members of their races. Their abilities derive from altering the mental state of their opponents or friends as opposed to actually physically manifesting things like you might expect from an interaction with the void. If it makes it easier to imagine, Espers have more of an X-man style origin story.

In the end though, if you're into RP. Why not just make up a void-related story for your own Esper. I see no reason why you couldn't say that your particular Esper gained mental abilities from some clandestine encounter with the void, or magic influence of that nature. Make it your own.
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Everything that I've seen also points to the Esper not being linked to the void like Spellslingers. It's all 'in their heads'. In Wildstar the 'void' is interchangeable with the word 'magic'. It's where spellslingers draw power for their pistols and elemental effects. Pretty much as far as the Exiles and Dominion are concerned, there is no connection between the two.

However! The buzz word for the Eldan is 'Primal' technology. The big thing they were trying to research on Nexus. Kind of like the Theory of Everything, maybe the Eldan were trying to discover a link between the two. You never know! The Eldan could have been trying to discover a way to make the perfect cupcake.

Also, several NPC races on Nexus can use 'magic' like abilities such as fire and water. Elemental stuff. Some of these races were even created by the Eldan. Others have certain mental abilities that are esper-like. It would be easy to make a case that among the Eldan experiments, there were trying to mush the two together in a sandwich of science.
    Inukeu likes this.