1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do Espers not use their Psyblades anymore?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Arkavien, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

I thought I had seen Espers get out their weapons for attacks in older videos, but in the Saturday video I never noticed it come off his back. Is it just a stat disc or are those animations not complete yet? or perhaps he just didn't have any weapon using skills in any of his action sets?
  2. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah we didn't see any direct melee attacks, though it sounds to me like they are treating the psyblade as more of a focus to attune the ESPers power and he then replicates the psyblade with his mind for attacks.
  3. Tiiria

Tiiria Cupcake

There were a couple attacks they showed that used the psyblade. I didn't pay enough attention to tell whether they used it directly or just replicated it. There was one that made a bigger spinny version of it that was charged up and released and one that made tons of little ones that was AoE.
  4. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Yeh they used like projections of the psyblade but it never moves from their back! I'm not asking them to throw it at people but could at least hover around them or something? :p
    Arkavien likes this.
  5. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think there were a couple animations where the esper reaches behind them, as if touching the psyblade, then spinning out the blue telekinetic version of the blade.

Also, pretty sure if you watch closely, there's one attack where the psyblade spins towards target. The shape of the blue telekinetic blade matches the shape of the blade worn by the esper.
  6. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

Yea the blade dance and 2 charge saw attack both used replications of the Psyblade on his back, but the weapon itself never came off his back. I could have sworn I had seen videos where it did though, just wondering if they removed that or what
  7. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

You're totally right, it never really comes off the Esper's back. Only the telekinetic versions do. Like FelixAkuma said, it'd be nice if they at least swung/hovered/spun around the character
    Arkavien likes this.
  8. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

I agree, just floating around them would be enough for me, I just don't like the idea of "stat sticks" I want to USE my weapons. Channeling my energies through a staff is way better than it sitting on my back.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Even taking the psyblade in hand and making a swinging motion, only to have the blue telekinetic blade leap out to actually hit the target.

It would also be kind of fun if the Esper had a 'frenzy' attack. Where, in melee range, the Esper just forget about the whole focusing thing, takes the blade from their back, and startings hitting their foe over and over like it was a frying pan.

I would say future expansions could be used to add alternate animations to power, but I think there are better ways to do it.

I would rather see new animations come along with new abilities in future expansions. Along with the option to color our attacks. Not everyone wants their psyblades attacks to be blue.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  10. kaimarshall

The recoloring of the spells is something I'm dying for. Pun intended, if anyone got it.. no? okay. Anyways, recoloring, along with choosing what animal you want the spirit animal skill (forgot what it was called) to be.

I have a question.. a little off track as well, but still Esper related. Can we stay as the animal thing for as long as we wish? Or will we change back to our original form after the skill is done doing its thing?
  11. RavenWind

First yep i got it. Die....dye. I think you are just in animal for the duration.
  12. kaimarshall

Ahw, that kinda sucks. I wish we could turn into the spirit animal whenever we wanted, for as long as we wanted, like the Untamed race would turn into foxes/tigers in Perfect World.
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  13. FelixAkuma

Wait what? Are you talking about the rainbow deer transformation? That only lasts for like a set straight forward dash i believe..
    kaimarshall likes this.
  14. RavenWind

Well, I think the spell is a quick escape/heal, not meant to be a travel mode. You dash forward 30 or 40 meters and heal everyone in your path. In the Video they were just using it as a flashy jump. We gotta give the poor Devs a little break. They can't have everything at launch. Think of all the blood-stained keyboards, and bony finger nubs that already exist just getting us this much.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  15. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

The illusions in general are rather short-timed BUT, if you're into shape shifting I think they mentioned something about transformation gadgets.

As for the psy blade animations, the more I see of esper, the more I'm starting to think they'd be better off with some psi-glove or something as a weapon. Seems they just don't have ideas how to make something that looks cool, involves actual psyblade AND doesn't break the whole psychic theme : /
  16. FelixAkuma

Lets be honest though... if instead of the rainbow dear the made it a rainbow Rowsdower i think espers would become a lot more popular :p
  17. FelixAkuma

Well my idea was of having the psyblade floating and directing the illusions but.. I really like that Psy-Glove idea :p
  18. kaimarshall

I totally forgot the "psi-glove" even existed. I'm assuming it's not present in any of the skills animation yet? Never paid attention to that. But it'd be kinda odd if they advertised a telekinetic fist and not actually use it in-game.
  19. kaimarshall

Oh, I appreciate everything the devs have done for us. I'm just throwing in a few more ideas. I'm just saying, I wouldn't complain if they ever included such feature into the game... :p
  20. FelixAkuma

Nothing wrong with Ideas... I just had an idea.. What if we could be encased in a telkinetic huge bear for a limited duration and fight literally tooth and claw while the bear obviously shielded a limited amount of damage from us that when that damage was exceeded the bear was destroyed?