1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do Espers not use their Psyblades anymore?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Arkavien, Nov 20, 2013.

1. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know, Espers are mid-to-long range casters. Don't you think that would defeat the purpose?
  2. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

No because they should in the live stream that depending on what skills you pick you can go close/mid rage, imagining using those close range 3 swords attack to build up and going bear berzerk but for like an ultimate ability/high cooldown:p
    kaimarshall likes this.
  3. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

There was never any actual psi-glove tbh(only a psi-punch finisher skill), at least from what I know. I just used the old class page artwork because it seemed adequate. Nero's Devil Bringer from DMC4 would be something similar concept-wise. A psychic extension generated by using the focus ability of the glove in addition to other illusions. That would keep the psy-blade projection idea, but with more connection to the weapon itself (also Elven Lied fans would be happy tearing stuff apart).
    Buuut of course that's impossible now, because we've already got the sparkly shuriken-thingy.
    Yeah, that was also my first thought as well, it looks really great on sorcerers in TERA, but... that's just it, sorcerers. I guess having it floating around would make esper look more like a mage, rather than typical sci-fi psychic who uses raw potential of their mind. I'm getting impression that may be the issue Carbine had with this idea.
    kaimarshall likes this.
  4. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

I see where you're coming from with that, though espers use Telekinesis, which is at its core element.. moving things with their mind, so i don't think it'd be totally crazy to imagine them floating the psyblade around them in the air kinda thing as previously mentioned :)
    kaimarshall likes this.
  5. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

This thing... wildstar_esper.jpg is being used when an Esper does this: esper-wildstar-14.jpg

and it's also used by them when they do that super cool AOE pushback move, (that I forget what it's called), only then it's multiple psi hands...

Anyway, I agree about wanting to use the actual weapon itself, and to see it float around them would be cool..., but remember their true weapon is their mind. Just like Frost said in the devspeak, think of these guys like Green Lantern. Maybe that means the psyblade is sortof like his ring, and wont ever really be used to attack...
  6. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Satarn, I totally loved my Sorcerer weapon on Tera :D

Siflay, thanks for the image :) Yes, I've definitely seen that one. I guess I just expected it to look a little more like it does in the picture lol
    FelixAkuma and Siflay like this.