1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do you like PVP stats and why?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Philips_666, Apr 24, 2013.

?

Do you like PVP stats?

1. Yes

51.6%
  2. No

48.4%
  1. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

They aren't mutually exclusive. Guild Wars 1 had both progression and balanced PvP. While it's not possible to implement Guild Wars 1's system in Wildstar there are alternatives.
  2. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

Here's the challenge that presents itself:

- If you don't separate the gear with PvP/PvE stats, you essentially farm one set of elder game gear and then you're done. Every raid, battleground, warplot and arena you complete from that point is purely for "completion" means; nothing to work for that will improve your character in some way. Gear is a huge motivator for players. I was so hyped for PvP in GW2, but once it kicked in that I already had the best possible gear before stepping foot inside my first battleground, I didn't even feel like moving up the ranks. If I felt like playing a standardized gear experience I would just play a MOBA like LoL, HoN or DoTA. MMOs are about constantly improving your character and the social bonds you create with other players.

- If PvP stats do not exist, theorycrafters will decide if it is easier to obtain the highest gear through PvP or completion of the raids; not all, but most players would choose the most efficient way and obtain their gear in that manner even if they do not feel like PvPing/raiding. I absolutely hated raiding in WoW, but I had to do it in order to get the highest DPS weapons for arena. This left me with a very bitter taste and killed a lot of my enjoyment when playing.

This just might be me, but I enjoyed inspecting random players all over Orgrimmar. (Creepy, I know.) I loved looking at different players' gear and seeing which players were awesome at PvE/PvP respectively. Something about having two types of gear specialization really gives the game more depth and personality.

I feel like I could write a lot more on this topic, but I'm half hungover and feeling lazy at the moment. Perhaps later. :D