1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. CrissLFG

CrissLFG New Cupcake

I always play females, it feels weird to play a male, it's much harder for me to get into my character when it doesn't resemble me in a way. People often comment my characters look similar to me, cause they almost always have brown hair and the same skin color etc etc. Makes it easier for me to get a feel for my character. :)
  2. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Mostly male. Come to think of it I never actually played a female character much. Dunno why.
  3. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

Only males, i cant really play females, they neither resemble me nor i am interested in them :p
  4. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

I always play male characters. Always. I like to live vicariously through my toons so it has to be a dude. I honestly can't imagine ever leveling a female character up to even level 5 or 10... I would just hate it. I am astonished that there are almost an equal amount of men playing male characters and men playing female character. Different strokes and all that.

I'm also pretty masculine in real life so I guess it makes sense, though.
  5. Crminimal

Crminimal New Cupcake

Personally I'm a character creator, I'll fiddle around for hours before I find a combination of traits that I can project one of my many personalities onto.
    Borderline schizophrenic altoholic with no gender preference, likes long walks around the map, wall-jumping until I fall of it and playing dress-up.
    Statistically my main is more likely to be male than female though.
    Rial likes this.
  6. Deavon

Deavon Cupcake

I really need to get in to my chars or ells i wont pay allot of attention to it and i will get bored of it.
    So i can never ever player a female char even tho they bring more pro's for attention/loot and such.
    AND a nice rack to look at :p
  7. Mhairi

Mhairi New Cupcake

Up until recently I've only played females(female irl) I hated the way males ran, though it was probably the same animation. But, now I'm playing both. For the game my main will be a male aurin.
  8. BedDave

BedDave New Cupcake

I have made both male and female characters before. Unless the class is locked to either female or male, I normally start off creating the character as male. The final deciding factor is how that character looks. If I can't make a male character that I like, I'll check the female options.

Rarely I'll get a character concept in my head that is female. In that case, I'll create that character as female. So far that has only happened in Mabinogi and Diablo III.
  9. Kay

Kay Cupcake

I'm a man, and if I'm making a reference to a cartoon or game, I might run a female character, but when it's purely me building a scratch character, I'll make a male simply because I connect better with it.
  10. Gamm

Gamm Cupcake

I tend to play both sexes in any MMO however when looking over my toon history I would say more women then men.
    The reason is about the look. the facial creation hair and styles in the outfits women always look better then men

wait am I still talking about MMO's or RL..
  11. Diagas

Diagas Cupcake

I usually play female characters in MMOs, but Wildstar will be the first I stay consistent. If all goes according to plan, I'll be a male Aurin pending on my friends agreeing to Exiles. If I'm Dominion though, I'll fall back to my Cassian female ;P
  12. RavenSworn

RavenSworn New Cupcake

Both.

Why? Because its a game and I don't really care if it's male or female.

Unless if its Mordesh. That has to be a Male.
  13. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

The only time I have ever played a male was one time in Final Fantasy XI and once again in WoW which only lasted until level 60. Other than that, ALL females.
  14. zekkdarklighter

zekkdarklighter Cupcake

I am a dude (nowai!) and do play both sides of the fence. I do a lot of rollplaying both in and out of game and get more into characters and their story. I do tend to favor female characters more as I like a mix of badass and sexy (also as an artist I like to draw them more). Male characters usually are only badass. I remember writing a whole story about one of my wow mains who started as a male, but due to me seeing a very beautiful female warrior in heavy plate (drool), had to come up with a story as to how he got warped into a female.

one thing though, I do not like the 'chainmail bikini' look. When I make a female badass, I want her rockin the plates, just like the dudes.
    Rial likes this.
  15. Ryuubi

Ryuubi Cupcake

i never can stand playing male characters, ive thought of it once, but as a girl....i guess the men classes always seem so bulky and muscular. I normally like playing small classes anything 7 feet tall, or seems tall, or wide bothers me and my gameplay lol
  16. OutlawStars

OutlawStars New Cupcake

Playing male tends to be compulsory in most games so whenever there is a choice I will always leap at playing female. Such a relief to have the option.
    /Female myself
  17. Toothbrush

Toothbrush New Cupcake

It honestly depends on the class for me and how I want that toon to be received. In WoW I played an Orc Female Shaman and an Orc Female Rouge. Something about being a spiritual leader just made me think it would be a woman, and something about espionage also makes me think of a female. It just the image I get in my head. While my mage was just a bad ass gnome male, because something about a tiny person wielding an unbridled amount of power, used aggressively, screamed short guy with male pattern baldness. Still not sure what my Medic will be tho...
  18. Fusspot

Fusspot New Cupcake

I'm a woman who tends to start out with male characters and then branches out to females over time. I prefer figuring things out for myself, and it can be frustrating to get undesired help or attention when you're utilizing a female avatar, silly as that may seem to some.
  19. Ippo

Ippo New Cupcake

It feels weird playing as the opposite gender for me no matter how hot the polygons are ;D
  20. Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter New Cupcake

I prefer female characters, not feminine female characters though. I enjoy the "Evil Witch" look, Undead Female, Female Zabrak as an example.