1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

do you play the opposite sex characters in game?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Xecks, Aug 18, 2013.

?

what sex are you and what sex char do you play?

1. i am a man and i play female chars.

120 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. i am a man and i play male chars.

118 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. i am a woman and i play male chars.

19 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. i am a woman and i play female chars.

58 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Carbine has stated they wanted to keep each race's silhouette's unique and easily recognizable which is a reason they gave for not including body sliders. Armor should logically flow with each race's body shape, otherwise Carbine's stated goal flops. I think the epicness of armor will be noticeable on all of the races. There are a variety of things Carbine can do with gear to make it distinct from average gear while maintaining the unique aesthetics of each race.
    Xecks likes this.
  2. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

heres hoping they do make it epic.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  3. Pyrhos

Pyrhos New Cupcake

I'm a guy and I tend to invent my character's backstory to unnecessary length (and I don't even roleplay), just because it's fun. I go with the gender that fits into that story better.

There are some exceptions, though. In some games (TERA), the thought of playing a female outright creeps me out. I don't really care about armors being "slutty". It will never go away, because it sells, so I might as well enjoy it, but it has to be within some boundaries.
  4. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

It depends on which gender fits better with the class i want to play...

I will be male because my nick "Cara" means dude, would be wierd if i play female. But i will have an female alt :p
  5. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

Male playing female...Mmmmm Feeeeeemales <drool>. I'm manly enough IRL..although in just about any MMO I have played I tend to be extremely chatty without even thinking about it, which can cause problems..so maybe I'll just roll a male...naw, female ftw! Unless of course I am playing with my wife. Then I revert back to my strong masculine role. Do I need help? lol
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  6. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

Where's the option for us that plays both female and male characters? I tend to just pick whatever gender looks best and has the coolest animations. From what I've seen in Wildstar so far I think the males look the best for each race except the Aurin.
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Just convince your wife that lesbo on lesbo is a-okay and let the fun times ensue! :inlove: No real man can deny the appeal of female characters anyway.
  8. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Personally I'm a guy and tend to lean toward female characters. Often times I admit they are sexier, but also quite often they get better aesthetics as far as customization is concerned.
    I recently changed that in ff14 where I play a male Miqo'te, because frankly their character models are very well done, and I like the looks a lot more.

As far as wildstar is concerned, my main will probably be a female mechari. But quite a few of the male models have a pretty cool look and characteristics, so I can see myself doing some alts of that gender as well.
  9. Artificer

Well put. It's about the character.
  10. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

hehe you could be gal pals with your wife too!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. Artificer

Yeah I've done that lol. In all honesty, it's just fun playing together. Even if we are gal pals. But it's nice to be that male character in town with a female on your arm. ;)
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Hahah gal pals would be cute. :inlove: You should do it Art. :p

I'd totally do it with a girlfriend/wife if I had one. :p
  13. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

hehe gal pals with benifits :D.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  14. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

Gotta look at an ass for hours, might as well be a digital female's.
    Genophix likes this.
  15. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I'm surprised at the disparity between Males who play Females and Females who play Males. I thought it would be even across the board, but I guess not. I guess females are just better looking overall, or a greater percentage of girls (in this survey at least) have the "This character is me" mentality rather than the "This is a character whose story I am telling" mentality.
  16. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

Ah good.
    I was going to type out my reasoning, but you did it for me. :p
    My main will always be the thinnest/least athletic possible option of lady with short, light hair.
  17. Vermana

I'll always take a female robot character if allowed, but I prefer to create something mysterious, even angelic or supernatural-esque in terms of appearance and personality. I'm really hoping that those "Faceless" face styles in Mechari concept art will make it into the final game, because they look awesome.
  18. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

But what of the great facial animations??! D:
  19. Vermana

Well I HOPE that they have an "eyeless" version of that face, as in, only the mouth and nose are showing, so that facial animations can still be seen; think Lissandra from LoL or Joy from Bayonetta. That would possibly be the most awesome Mechari ever. But I take what I can get, animations aren't the biggest deal for me, I grew up playing tabletops. ;_;
  20. Xlugon Pyro

I think it's that men just REALLY like looking at women over men and enjoy the idea of playing a female in a game for those reasons. Women probably have a different mentality and are generally perfectly comfortable with what they are IRL, so they stick with their RL gender more than men do. Just theoretical thoughts though.

I'm a bit of both. All of my characters share several traits with the RL me, but appropriately tailored to the race, sex, and world they're in. In other words, they're variation of "me in another world".