1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Do you want more from your vanity pet?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by SiegaPlays, Aug 9, 2012.

1. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

An article on massively asks about do you want more from a vanity pet.

Could you guys see vanity pets take a whimsical and even relevant role in WildStar?

perculiar behavior

part of the housing defensive system (pvp annoyance pet :p)

alt gear carrier

the ability to dig up stuff that might be a random good or junk drop or a quest items that gives a side quest, like treasure maps that gives a bonus encounter in a dungeon, return to the owner for reward items, detective stories like find the owner, find the killer, or Eldan clues that leads to something else, depending on path
  2. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Just to have a variety of them with various paths for obtaining them is a good start nowadays.

The battle system they are introducing in WoW (albeit a neat feature for some folks) seems more like a mini game than a vanity pet system to me.

I wonder if adding things like quests and the like to the pet system might turn it into a pseudo required type of thing. I could see teaching your pets tricks or for them to be able to respond to emotes as cool.
  3. SiegaPlays

Only if it is part of the main story line, this actually fits into the "meet challenge on every corner" mode Carbine works with.

Just imagine the vanity pet achievements for completing all possible quests and finding all types of junk loot - maybe some even depending on the right type of pet, felines find stuff in hollow trees, canines digs holes, raptors scavenge ground nests, majorgizmooddeldanweirdleftoverpet sunbath on eldan technology with secret compartments.
  4. Chrilin

For completionists and as a side story it would be pretty neat, I agree.:up:
  5. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

If we have a vanity pet system I would like them to at least be useful. For me? I would be satisfied with them vendoring gear like in torchlight. Adds some utility to them without making them unbalancing.
    Tiktak likes this.
  6. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

This basically.
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Yeah I agree too. Make them usefull and at the same time fun. Would be great to send your dog to fetch the mail for example. Or see him dig for bones in your garden. I'm not interested in a pet that only walks with you for show.
  8. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Since pets seem to have a keen sense of home, why not use that ability in a pet and have it lead you safely home from wherever you are, limited use of course.
  9. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Might that be going to far though? Not sure. As vanity pets I would expect that a large number of folks wouldn't have them. Vendoring for you or fetching mail I could see. I think hearthing might cut to much into what should be a standard feature. If I'm understanding you correctly.
  10. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Possibly, but you could say the same thing about having a home and since it only works for home, you would have to buy a home to use it. I am not talking about binding somewhere and it take you there, just takes you to your home which I believe you have to buy anyway.
  11. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

On another note, I hope we can have house pets that just roam around the house, inside and out.
  12. SiegaPlays

A petbreeder could be a fun secondary craft. Vanity and combat pets.
  13. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

I call dibs on the pet dragon chained up in my front yard roasting trespassers!
  14. Chrilin

I like that idea a lot.... It would give housing more depth.
  15. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

How about woodworms? :p

Pet storage should be visible in or around your house yes. Give the dog his own dog house. Give your fish it's own bowl. And the fish should be swimming in it too. The dog should walk in the garden, dig a hole for his bone. Mindgasm! :rolleyes:
  16. Tiktak

Sounds like fun. It might be a silly thing to think about but, what if you could play some mini-games with your pet in your house? Or even 'posess' your pet for a short time?
  17. Chrilin

Not silly at all... In wow you can play fetch with your pet or walk them on a leash. Why not expound on that idea some and add things like reactions to emotes like /treat or /scold. I think it sounds really cool.
  18. SiegaPlays

What about a cybernetic defensive guard dog of Eldan experiemental origin to run around in your back yard? Or a ditto scarecrow to guard the acress of farmland?
  19. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Yes, sounds good. The scarecrow needs to shoot lasers from its' eyes though and blow intruders up.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to say for "defensive" purposes.:)
    Tiktak likes this.
  20. Tiktak

I think we can all agree that it was implied that the scarecrow is 'defensive'!