1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Draken Faces could be better

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by WildHawk, Apr 5, 2013.

1. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

hey guys

so ima keep this short
    all of us were probably watching the dominion customization video and i gotta say i love it its just like in skyrim where you can change so many details
    but seriously the Draken faces look stupid except for like 3 of them (1,8, 9)
    i hope the devs change them cause i mean they are savage beasts should look dangerous and not awkward

here is the link so you can check them out yourselfs: http://youtu.be/AYDLGzNprDU?t=7m36s

what do you think ?
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

I think they all look pretty darn cool, remember there are also facial sliders. also remember that it's not the finished product there could be more faces as well!!
    Kurik likes this.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And mayby there are players that love to make a dumb looking Draken so they can Roleplay, for some hilarious scetches :p

I, for one, love that you can make it your own way. Just like i would love a ferocious looking face for the Aurin i would like a loving/dumb face for the Draken :D
  4. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldn't say something about a Draken's face to its face... just saying. :)
  5. Xpress

Xpress Cupcake

Arent those faces just bases? It doesnt matter really what u choose if u can change everything =/, those r just examples.
  6. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Like Kat said it isn't a finished product, there could be more options later on.
  7. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

There are limits to what you can change, to be fair.
  8. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm.. even for a limited set, I thought they looked great and extremely varied.
    Zerdav likes this.
  9. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

They are beasts... next you'll want facials and manicures... - Ms M

I think they are great so far! ^.^
  10. Jackie1st

Jackie1st Cupcake

I actually quite like them, they're all really different meaning I think they'll appeal to a lot more people and every draken won't all look alike. The only one I think looks a bit silly is the 5th one but there are people who will like the big dumb lug look.
    And I think that's their goal to have a wide variety of faces that follow a central theme obviously everyone won't like all of them but they'll have at least one or two that appeals to them.
    You can't discount the fact that there are bone sliders as well so perhaps you can change some of the faces to look a bit less awkward.

But even though I'm a fan of the options they already have I doubt these are the final faces, the game's not even in beta yet, there's still a lot of changes to go through.
  11. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

oh well its not that of a big deal anyway as long as the game turns out to be awesome
    but i do hope they add more :D
  12. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

They look great to me, and they kick ass.
  13. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

That ninth one gives me nightmares. Looks like its face got melted with a flame-thrower (which, for all we know, was exactly the design-inspiration behind it...)
  14. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I reckon that #1, 2, 3, 7, 8, and 9 all look pretty badass :p, just in different ways ^_^. I could also see some of the other faces looking pretty 'badass' too, with some slider action. ;)

Though if I do play a Draken, I'm almost certainly rolling a female one - really looking forward to when we get to see their facial variations! ^____^
    Jynetik likes this.
  15. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

I just hope they're not all sparkle-sparkle pretty. :p
  16. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I kinda like how they've gone with different directions for all the females in the game. :p

Like the Aurin, I reckon, fall into the 'sparkle-sparkle pretty' camp, and even Cassians to an extent. But I think that the female Draken faces we've seen look darkly elegant, which I think is a really interesting contrast with their brutal nature.
    Jynetik likes this.
  17. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Complelty disagree, the only one I would not play with is the 5th (looks like hippo from hell ) . The other are great some are kind demonic and other are more feral , the 4th , 6th and 9th are the coolest things ever.

Also the diference between some of the faces is so big that you could make two drakens so diferent they would look like to diferent races (just looke at some of the final designs in the end of the video , even the hell hippo looks cool).

In GW2 i made 3 different charr and they end up pretty much with the same look , I just fisnish seen the video for the 3th time stoping to see all the hairs , horns and , facial hair and I have pictured 4 complely diferent looks I love.

It ist decid , my main guy is gonna be a draken with the 9th face (looks like panther from hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

now i just need to figured out the classes

Ps: thanks for the link, so how i maneged to miss this video and I am looking for wildstar stuff daily
  18. Helvard's Edge

Helvard's Edge New Cupcake

From the little I have seen, I agree. Yet, at the same time, I feel I can live with it and get used to how heavily stylized they are - in comparison to the other races.
  19. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

You better not say a damn word about the female faces being ugly.
  20. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

woah there ... i better not mess with you, badass