1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by pseudo, Jan 23, 2013.

1. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Is anyone else signing up for the beta? I'm excited to do something while I wait VERY impatiently for Wildstar's beta haha
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I'm not touching that game. Can't handle another mmorpgs failure. Had too many last year.
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I honestly never got into any of the Elder Scroll games, so this is just another generic fantasy MMO to me - the type I might help (open) beta test, but would never really subscribe to/play for any length of time.

I need some scifi or modern era in my MMO's!
    Zerdav likes this.
  4. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

While I have played the Elder Scroll games, I just enjoy helping out with beta tests, so if I see something open up, I'll test it. :p
  5. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I signed up. I never played Skyrim, but I played many hours with Morrowind and Oblivion. Loved the games even though I have seen comments about Skyrim being much better. I liked the older games where I could jump/sneak all day long to improve my skills.
  6. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

not interested and I played the previous skyrim,Morrowind and oblivion. I just don't see it as worth taking time to play it and I don't have time to beta test it only beta I am waiting for is WS that's it ;). All; in all, That's it!! Not interested !! :p
  7. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Not signing up for the beta, will probably try it when it's out... but I'm absolutely not liking the way they're mangling The Elder Scrolls so it will fit in an MMO mold.

Plus the one alliance I'd want to play as is going to be overpopulated and that'll suck. :|
  8. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I signed up, would check it out just to do it if they let me. I like the trailer they put out too, was really nice.
  9. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

I did sign up for the Beta. According to their scale I have an excellent chance of being selected. Yeah right :p

I played Arena and Daggerfall heavily in my late teens, early 20's. Ooops, guess I dated myself. I had Arena back when it came on 8 x 3.5" floppy disks!

I only had limited experience with Morrowind. Played it a bit and made a few mods using the Construction Set, but by then I was getting sucked into the world of MMO Gaming. As such I have not even seen the 2 most recent titles.
  10. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

I'll sign up. I have gamer ADD
  11. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I haven't signed up. I have not played any of the elder scrolls games. The trailer looks great though I am afraid that people maybe be over hyped because of it (Daggerfall covenant thief looks very cool).
    The problem is it is a cinematic not game play I need to see what the game looks like before I think about playing it or not.

I am interested to see what their 3 faction pvp is like but I will wait for the game to come out.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  12. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Wise :)
    cause even Chad could look like a rockstar in a video wheras we all know he cant play that good and would have surely broken an ankle jumping off that speaker :roflamo:
  13. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Yup, I at least try every big MMO coming out.
    Aheadache likes this.
  14. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

And Beta should be free so why not try it.
  15. Jkaplan

Jkaplan Cupcake

I'm not impressed by ESO at all. I think their only form of PvP is going to be world PvP. I love instanced PvP but I can get the choice to go to only world. The problem is that they want to implement some sort of mega server technology where there is only one server in the game. I don't get how you can have a good open world pvp game without servers. Either the PvP areas will be way overcrowded or they will be separate and we will end up with maybe 10 instances for each area of the pvp world which ruins the whole idea of giving permanence to objectives in open world pvp and trivializes the perceived value of winning or losing battles since even if you win a certain objective in your instance, your team could lose it in others. I just don't get how a mega server and open world pvp can mix, sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Beyond that nothing about the game really sounds that exciting. Combat looks kind of bad to me. They basically want it to be like Skyrim's combat but honestly I don't enjoy combat in Skyrim, its just not that fun imo. As far as themepark games go Wildstar looks far better than ESO. I'm really excited about the sandbox games coming out of Korea in the next year or two though (archeage and black desert) and I'm also super curious about what SOE has behind the curtain with Eqnext, it sounds like they're going to be trying something new and exciting with that game.
  16. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

I was forced to sign up for beta and play with a friend when the event started :(
    I honestly hate Elder Scrolls, and especially Skyrim. The combat feels like there's no system behind it... there's no skill or planning to be done, no rotation. Just not my style. I will be joining the beta though and I'll gladly post my findings here :)
  17. Malisent

Malisent Cupcake-About-Town

I always sign up for the AAA MMO betas. I tend to pre-order them too, play the first couple months, even if I didn't like the beta. I do not have particularly high hopes for TESO. Unfortunately, my husband has gotten completely burned out on recent MMO disappointments. He and I play together, and Wildstar has become his last hope, so I may not even bother with TESO.
    Emmerich likes this.