1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

End Game gear

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Banelight, Apr 25, 2013.

?

How do you want to get your end game gear?

1. Grind instance for drop

33.0%
  2. Buy gear with currency gained buy doing instances

1.0%
  3. Both of the above....if unluck on drops want to eventualy be able to buy gear

65.0%
  4. Dont really care...either way

1.0%
  1. Destrix

Destrix New Cupcake

I would like the ability to grind, and if I am unsuccessful or unlucky just buy the gear for a much higher price outside of the instance. It needs to be something that will make you want to grind the instance to save the money but something you could buy if you failed enough instances and had the spare cash to cut your losses and buy it.
  2. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

No. Not ever. I hope they never allow this. Much rather tokens for subpar gear or making previous tier raids a bit easier each season.
  3. Mailroomclerk

Mailroomclerk Cupcake

I just want to comment, I too won't be 'planning' on being a consistent raider or even saying I am going to raid for sure. The reality of this system is that even if I'm not raiding, I'll be okay with where I'm at and what I have because not everyone will have high end gear through participation only and also because many others will still be at my gear level as well. It's based on my effort and skill. Not just my money and time. I don't want to fail my way to the top or succeed because I'm guaranteed it. It's about finding a successful curve and not a non existent one.
    Malorak likes this.
  4. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

For myself, I will only grind my gear because I'm weird and I love to grind. However, I understand that there can come a point where grinding and grinding and never seeing anything drop for you or losing rolls constantly can be a problem and even make people not want to play. Some would argue how unlikely that is, but it happens, and I've seen it happen too many times for it to be THAT rare, and I don't think it's a good idea to continue to let it happen with no alternative.

I'd like for this game to retain as many players as possible (for my own selfish reasons) and I think some alternative way of acquiring, not BiS, but at least somewhat viable gear that will allow a player who has hit a wall to progress. Mike Donatelli's already said they're going to be achievements locked into buying gear that will help people progress, so I'm not sure why this thread has been stuck on this particular issue for so long...