1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Engineer during the Medic livestream

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Skippy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah. I feel like they didn't want a repeat of the first boss so they're pulling out some of the stops to make it an easy run. This was, in my opinion, the problem with the first livestream dungeon. They were geared in greens and level 20ish without access to some of the higher level abilities, which is probably closer to what we'll experience going into this dungeon the first time.
  2. Yowser

Yowser Cupcake

In the dungeon content we've seen the the bosses have 2 stacks of interrupt, which means you need 3 Interrupts within a 5man group.

But Interrupting a telegraph causes the enemy to take bonus damage from attacks for a duration, so Interrupts = DPS increase
  3. HaLCyiX

HaLCyiX New Cupcake

But, if I were the selfish mentality where the dmg meters mean everything, what's to stop me from saying "you provide the CC, since i hurt for more"? unless they make it so that in order for a boss to be functional, everyone needs to provide at least 2 CCs to interrupt armor...
  4. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

The Medic was level 30 , that is probably why they did the boss so easily. They all sited in telegraph and got hit a lot's , but the Medic was healing for so much that they did not even care about the mecanic of the fight. Happen in every mmo when you run something with someone that out level the content.

If they did it with a lvl 20 healer and played that bad, that was almost a instant wipe on the boss. ( even on trash )
  5. CptElendi

Prob more cause the healer was in dps gear, with no support stat. He was litterally spamming heal and could not top anyone in the group ( even the tank ).

But it's true, this dungeon will prob be a pain in the ass with green gear and we will probably have to play with healer and tank that don't even know how to gear up correctly ( like scumbag jade hehe ). Gonna be challenging to run this in green and with support class who don't have any support stat lol.
  6. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

If you watch the vid closely you will see there was no Tank, the MOBs would lock on both the Stalker and Warrior, and was often bouncing back and forth between the two. Something else to note, it does not look like the Warrior has their shield heal (The only shield heal I could see came from the Medic.), and I would not be surprised that the Stalker did not have their heal as well. This might fly for a Raid, but it’s piss-poor ability selection for a 5man in my opinion.

As for the Medic not topping the Warrior... the Warrior wouldn’t let him; as soon as a MOB group was down the Warrior went running to the next MOB group (With no Shields, and reduced Health.), with the Medic chasing them, burning more Mana instead of recharging Mana. The Warrior would not slow down long enough to get their own health and shields up, otherwise allow their healer to recharge important resources and cooldowns.
    But even with this everybody was staying alive until the Stalker got caught by an Add at half health; was stunned, slow to break the stun, and was unable to get out of the Red in time.

The Medic was without Cores and Cooldowns, and low on Manna, because of the gameplay of the Warrior and Stalker; so how about you put the blame for the one faceplant (Which is all that really matters.) where it belongs.

WildStar is not World of Warcraft!
    You cannot look at gameplay and just say that if they had better gear they would have done better. Gear is only a part of the W* combat equation, and only part of the Character Mechanics part of the equation, which also includes Ability choices, AMPs, and Tiers.
    Another part of the W* combat equation is Action Gameplay, which includes Aiming, Getting out of the Red, and Breakout. Action Gameplay is dependent upon a player’s ability to react to an encounter, and control their character; in other words Player Skill.
    I.e. If you watch the Stalker in all of the various encounters you will see that they were not getting out of the Red most of the time (Even when not stunned), and they were slow to break out of the stuns (I’m not sure they did break out of the stuns).

W* is a Tactical Action MMORPG, and I doubt very much you’re going to be able to “Gear” your way through it.
  7. CptElendi

You should really stop quoting my post when you don't even speak about the same thing.

The first part of my comment..i'm speaking about the ESPER livestream. Not the medic one.

And you can always out gear content. Really doubt lvl 30-35 people will have to get out of telegraph in the first dungeon ( good exemple is the medic livestream..he is level 30 and everyone is siting in telegraph the whole boss fight and he just out heal the damage ( go watch it again pls ).

I have many max level character on dragon nest and i'm a really skilled pvp players, i think i know what a action combat mmo is. Thank you.