1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Engineer Oopsie from the Livestream

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Acha'ikos, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Acha'ikos

Acha'ikos New Cupcake

Did any of you catch when they were playing the Mordesh on the livestream and talking about armor, they said "This guy is not going to have the heavy armor that the warrior or the ENGINEER has"?
  2. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

What about that struck you as a mistake? The final two class names have already been leaked or hinted at in interviews and other media.
  3. Acha'ikos

Acha'ikos New Cupcake

I just know its something they aren't actively talking about at the moment, so therefore anything like that that is said is possibly either a mistake....or it is possibly teased. Either way, any little info that is said about the final two classes are good to know.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's not, they know we know. They will use it in many more things from now on. It's almost ''normal info'' by now.
    I'm almost 100% they just said it because we already know. Mayby the first time was a mistake (some time ago), but it isn't anymore. The Dev's know we know it, so why try to be secretive about it anymore?

Heck I even expect the ''official release'' of the last 2 classes to come as the next Beta test is over or even when it's beginning (would be an awesome start).
    Flawz, Kash and Tribe like this.
  5. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

Well now we know that Engie definitely has Heavy Armor.
    MrDreadful likes this.
  6. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

If they had accidentally mentioned something unique about the class mechanics or if someone else from Carbine was testing one in the same area where they were doing the demo I would say the dun made an oopsie. I feel like most people had surmised that they would be a hvy armor class so I'm not sure that it constitutes an accidental reveal... at least not by Carbine standards.
  7. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

Um, just wanna make note that they said the spellslingers "..don't have the heavier armor that the stalker or warrior - er engineer have.." (love how he corrected himself into an even bigger mistake)
    This probably means that they have the mid-range armor and not full blown heavy armor.
  8. Vermana

Oh, yeah! I didn't notice that exact wording... Good point, I think Engi might actually be a Medium armor class. Good, less Armor = More damage, just the way I like it.
  9. Fraya

Fraya Cupcake

Tell that to Warriors in Vanilla WoW. :p
  10. Vermana

As if Vanilla WoW was PvP balanced. ;p
    Fraya likes this.
  11. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

So long as they are viable tanks I'll be fine. Else I'd probably shelf it and re-roll something else till they fix em.
  12. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

In all expansions warriors always had great damage.
  13. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

As I understand it they corrected themselves to say that the Engineer wears Medium armor along with the stalker. This would then imply that the Medic wears heavy to me anyway.
    Roda likes this.
  14. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Medic tanks confirmed!
  15. Vermana

I knew it all along~

I keep saying a ranged tank makes little sense! D: Engineers are going to be like hunters; Traps, gadgets, damage, medium armor, maybe robot pets!
  16. Ico

There is no typical pet class (WoW -Hunter/Warlock) in WS. That is confirmed :). I'm personally hoping for it to be some sort of ranged tank, but not like SW:TOR where "ranged" tanking mean tanking with a gun in melee range. . .

I'm interested to see how the armor split does come down though. We won't really know until it's confirmed!
  17. Vermana

Ah thats right, but have you seen Esper gameplay? They have a spell that summons these spectral spiders that run around and attack on their own. They might not have traditional permanent Warlock pets, but I wouldnt be surprised if Engis could summon temporary assistance.
  18. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

It seems like most classes have an ability to summon a pet of some kind. In pvp videos, we saw stalker's ability to make a duplicate of themselves. I could see Engineers being able to deploy gun turrets or even robots to fight at their side for a time. Making it possible for people to make 'mini-army' builds.
  19. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

Actually the Trooper in SW:TOR was a ranged tank and it worked out pretty good. Now typically what would happen is the mob being aggro'd would just run right up to the Trooper (melee range), but thankfully the trooper didn't have any short-range restrictions on their abilities.

Ranged tanks DO work AND they can be incredibly fun to play. No more worrying about whether you'll reach the mob in time to aggro it before the ranged DPS unload.
    Mathmatix likes this.
  20. Ico

That's not ranged tanking though. That's melee tanking with a gun.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.