1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Engineer Oopsie from the Livestream

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Acha'ikos, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Side-note: Guy eating popcorn is fugly as hell and needs to be institutionalized.
    Raarsi likes this.
  2. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Yes, I agree, Bill Hader probably does need to be institutionalized.
  3. Mathmatix

Mathmatix New Cupcake

..Please tell me you're trolling
  4. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

Guess we'll find out in a month.

But with all these people complaining that Medics will be pigeonholed into healing due to the name "medic", wouldn't it be a slap in the face if they were the tank?
  5. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

They INTENTIONALLY leak info to string along the suckers like me.
  6. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

SQUIRREL!!
  7. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

AARDVARK!
  8. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

meow

Engineer will be a tank, thus heavy armor because Stalker is tank in medium armor. So medium is taken. Medic will be in medium armor Because stalker is a tank, and a medic with out heals is ridiculous.

Also he said "you dont have the ah... eh the heavier armor that the stalker or warrior would have.... er the engineer I should say." But because some of these things that don't belong with the other, like seseme street. But last i checked the esper and Spellslinger both have light armor. Which makes me believe he was told to some how "slip" engineer in there some how. All is true in the sentience, nothing is wrong about what he said he did not correct himself, rather he added another heavier class to the list. Also the co-comentator said (paraphrasing) Yes the spellslinger is super mushy they do not take damage well at all, I've seen people in conventions going into battle pulling 4 mobs and dying instantly. It is hard jumping in strait to a mid level character. How would that discribe a medium armor class, and if this was true for medium armor, then how would you describe a light armor class, compared to a stalker, engineer, and warrior?

Esper = light

Spellslinger = light

Stalker = medium

Warrior = Heavy

Engineer = Heavy Because why would a engineer heal?

Medic = Medium well because why would they not heal? and the stalker takes place of the Tank in medium armor.
  9. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

They've either just changed the names or have been trolling us all along. For a few minutes, the class page on the main website listed all 6 classes again, but this time it had Doctor and Inventor instead of Medic and Engineer.

At this point, I think they're just doing it to drive us crazy. They're probably reading this post in their cubicles and laughing at me right now. :cautious: I know you're there punks!!!!!
    Sarpadon likes this.
  10. Sarpadon

Sarpadon New Cupcake

I think this is a possibility. Having the name of both classes leak is a bit of a stretch. I could see one leaking but two? If this is a plot for unsuspecting speculators it would be brilliant indeed. Unless both classes actually did leak and then they just changed their names to some synonym that is even worse like "doctor" or "inventor" to make it some half baked shock.

But if the names actually turn out to be something completely different like say Rifleman and Allomancer (first two decent names that popped into my head). That would be cool.

But if in fact they did leak and we get Medic and Engineer. I am ok with that, but they don't sound very creative, name wise. But then again neither is warrior and stalker . . . but spellslinger and esper those are creative and original.

PS) if there ever is an allomancer class based off of the Mystborn series by Brendan Sanderson I would so be playing that class!
  11. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

This might have been brought up before, but I skimmed quickly to the last page here.

My question is, has anyone considered the idea that the Medic class is a heavy armor tank/healer? You don't often see classes that can fulfill both support roles, and so far there isn't one. I know it seems unconventional, but it would be pretty interesting to have a heavy armor tank that can also spec into heals, effectively making it a full support class. It's hybrid tree could possibly be a tank with more self heals.

Just a thought. It's definitely a long shot, but with the speculation of Engineers not wearing heavy armor, I thought it could be worth mentioning.
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Yes, we've considered it - but Carbine has said that all classes will be either Tank/DPS OR Heal/DPS, no Tank/Healer possibilities.
    Whistler likes this.
  13. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

Oh, I didn't realize Carbine officially stated that. Thanks for the info!

As an aside, I've always wanted a Tank/Healer class. But I guess I'll have to make do with all of the amazing choices I already can't decide between.
  14. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

I'd be very surprised if 'Medic' was the final name of the last class. I suspect 'Alchemist' might be more likely, or something similar, that doesn't have a role/gameplay connotation built into the name of the class like 'Medic' does. Nobody playing this class as a DPS is ever going to want to hear "You're a Medic! You're supposed to heal!"
  15. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

I agree that Medic is a pretty weak name. But I'm of the opinion that Warrior and Stalker are kind of bland as well.

Alchemist, Biochemist, Doctor, whatever they come up with. It's all better than Medic, IMO. We'll see what happens.
  16. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Thing is that as bland as the name "warrior" is, it's not as specific in typecasting a particular role compared to a class name like "medic". Sure "stalker" could fit that, but between it being a relatively more well-known class and more likely to be typecast into a role that's a dime-a-dozen compared to the commodity of healers, it's not even close to the stigma from a name like "medic".

Alchemist is a good option, however I think that might be a possible profession name. Biotech was another good one that's been thrown around as well.
  17. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

"Doctor" would be very cool for sci-fi theme.

Doctor Who? :)
    Kusiga and Whistler like this.
  18. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

But do they know we know they know?
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now they know we know that they know about us knowing. Nice going Azmundai....just keep giving them info...:cautious:
  20. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

But are you sure about us knowing that they know that we know that they know about us knowing? Maybe we don't know what they think we think we know, but in reality they know what we think they know and not what we know they think?