1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Engineer Oopsie from the Livestream

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Acha'ikos, Oct 27, 2013.

1. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

So, if the rumors are to be believed and the Engineer is a heavily armored rifleman, am I the only one hoping that this class is similar in feel to the Trooper from Old Republic? Although that game is wrought with flaws the Trooper class was a fun and felt really unique.

EDIT: If this class does become the third tank with a rifle I have will have no choice but to make this my main. Here's hoping that the Mechari can be an Engineer!
  2. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Also don't know if anyone has mentioned it, i was watching the warrior live stream again and guess what.. at 1:14:31 you see a Engineer in the background on the little tv using a pretty cool looking skill :3
  3. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

It's from the Aiming Devspeak video. ;)
  4. morroIan

morroIan New Cupcake

That would be cool, I would play it if that was the case.
  5. xypher3ns

xypher3ns New Cupcake

Guys
    psst
    what if the Medic was a heavily-armoured healer? Not Tank/Healer, but just a melee-ranged, heavy armoured DPS/Healer class? I mean, our two current healer types are squishy, so why not have a badass DPS class capable of healing and at least being able to take some hits to the face? If their weapons are dual-Resonators (which are essentially shock paddles) and they attack close-to-medium range, wouldn't it make sense to put them in a heavier armour type than the long-ranged "blow-things-up-from-a-distance" class?

I think the Engineer will have the Medium armour (being compared to the Stalker in the stream, it seems) and the Medic will have Heavy armour.

Just my thoughts. :coffee:
    (I could be so wrong though. Who knows besides Carbine? I'll happily take whatever they offer, since they're on a roll with their class builds and they just seem to get better every week.)
  6. Jar_Spiral

Jar_Spiral New Cupcake

can't wait to find out about engineer class :D
  7. Cortinian

Cortinian New Cupcake

Although rather a plain name, I don't think the term 'Medic' would bring too many connotations against people wishing to DPS, 'Priests' in WoW have been dps'ing for a long time with no stigma.

Cort.
  8. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

"Priest" doesn't innately imply a healer, though, just someone of a faith.

"Medic", however, is short for medical/medicine, explicitly implying someone who heals.
  9. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

The only unrevealed healer is the medic, which means that the medic will be a medium armor heal/dps hybrid and the engineer will be a heavy armor tank/dps hybrid.

Also, this perfectly balances the game with 3 melee and 3 ranged classes. since the engineer will be ranged and the medic melee.
  10. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I can just see the devs reading this thread and going "huehuehue" and rubbing their hands together evilly. lol

I am almost sure I read/heard somewhere that one of the devs said that the medic wears light armour... but its more like 50% sure... might be daydreaming... We will know for sure next Tuesnesday! :D

I will bet though, that the shadowed class on the class page on the official page (the cylinders on the shoulders), is an "engineer".
  11. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

I too thought the slip was hilarious, especially since the reveal isn't until NEXT week ><D
  12. Furday

Furday New Cupcake

13. Silinsar

Silinsar New Cupcake

I hope engineer won't be a pure pet class :/
  14. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

It's not. With the AMP and skillset system, bots don't even have to be in your rotation to be effective.
  15. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

So, as of watching that crazy Wildstar Flick on the classes I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I will be playing the Engineer. I can't wait to throw out so rapid fire shots and call on my mechanical minions to mash up all the monsters and miscreants.

Mechari Engineer Tank Settler here I COME! Can't wait to revive my Trooper 2.0!!!
  16. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake