1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

engineer soldier or scientist? Need Help

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Archangel, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Archangel

Archangel New Cupcake

So I am going to run tank for my group, and have already determined I want to run an engi. I love learning about the lore of games so I am really drawn towards the scientist. I am worried that I will lose out on tanking abilities if i pass up on soldier path. Can anyone clarify or help me with my decision?!?!?!
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well that's NDA info ;)

So the answers you'll get below are mere speculations.

I'd say:
    Just go scientist, you'll be glad you've picked it once you hit max level.
  3. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

It is not NDA info, they said during one of the livestreams that the path abilities were changed to be out of combat convenience stuff (like explorer being able to teleport back to a point in a jump puzzle) so you won't be missing out on any "tanking abilities" by going with one path over another.

I plan to be an Engineer Tank and I am going Scientist both because I love getting into the Lore of my MMOs and because one more robot pet =)
    Rumze likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

......totally forgot about that :D sorry!!!

But still i'll say it:
    Pick scientist.....you'll regret it if you don't!
  5. Archangel

Archangel New Cupcake

Great news!!! thanks. I will be running either a mechari engi scientist or human engi scientist. Group is currently split 50/50 what faction we will go
  6. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

yet in the live stream the Scientist was able to knock out shields by scanning the mobs making it easier to kill them.. though that was a Scientist mission, you know every now and then some Paths will have advantages over the others in sertain situations.

In an older video on YouTube they said you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and showed that a Warrior attacking monkeys had a quest to kill them and a Path Quest to kill them. was given Path grenades to almost 1 shot the monkeys and was getting credit for both path quest and normal quest.

The Devs in the video said this was just playing smart and using sertain things to your advantage but it proves it's possible to use your Path to get the upperhand in some situations as far as PvE goes.
  7. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

True, but I was under the impression that the OP was talking specifically about having a path ability on his bar useful for tanking in a dungeon/raid, which won't happen. Unless maybe sacrificing your scanbot at the beginning of a fight can be useful, like resetting a boss to get rid of adds that dont respawn or things like that.

Really none of those things will be known until players get their hands on the game in large quantities and start breaking stuff =)
  8. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

Well , i think those advantage are only during Path quest. They are special ability that you get to complete your path quest. So i think we can't really speak about advantage here... since all path will have different type of quest.
  9. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Solo content, yes. Maybe even to some extent in the way dungeons unfold. But an engineer tank that chooses the scientist path over the soldier path will not be at a disadvantage since the benefits of each path are more Quality of Life abilities that are only available outside of combat.