1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Engineer : The Wall

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by azmundai, Jun 2, 2014.

1. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

I feel like, at level 30, I have hit a bit of a wall. I feel like its because of itemization .. EVERYTHING!!! is brutality, ie strikethrough ... ie almost useless for leveling.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I skipped crafting for now as it didn't seem useful in beta .. but I didn't get to 30 in beta. My time to kill seems much slower than those around me and feels much slower than it was before 30.

Any tips are appreciated.

nap time :)
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So far, I've been using my crafting skill to make item pieces that I need to meet certain thresholds. It's been kind of hit or miss so far as I tend to out level what I can make without being a good enough tailor to make new stuffs. I do recall in beta that a lot of the more useful things I found on adventures. Especially Temptest Refuge. It's an easy adventure that can produce a few useful things after a couple of times.

I think it would be easier like, a few months down the road if I focused on a spellslinger. By that point, my Esper would be able to tailor any thing the Spellslinger would need to fill in holes and be able to keep up with leveling.

Meanwhile, right now, my spellslinger is sitting aside in Thyad at a crafting station. I send the character raw materials for weaponsmithing to make a new support or assault psyblade if I have trouble finding one as a level. That has actually worked out okay.
  3. Dollgirl

Dollgirl New Cupcake

As a warrior all my gear is pretty much the same as an engineer. Currently I'm level 45, and all my gear is pretty much brutality. I still find myself hitting fairly hard, though. I know my spellslinger partner was having trouble killing mobs until he got his t2 amps, so maybe that's contributing to your inability to blow things up? Once I got my amps I started hitting quite a bit higher than I was before as well.

I wouldn't really worry about crafting gear or anything, though. You will out level any thing you can make, and quest gear and stuff is probably better for right now anyways.