1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Epic Esper Ability

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by kanochi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

Sans titre.JPG

Here you can see 2 other epic abilities, the shuriken of death and the mighthy standart of heal! The standart summon a kind of scarf that seems to heal and jump to other allies. The more i see gameplay videos the more I want to play EACH of the classes ICAN'T CHOOSE, cruel carbine indeed.
  2. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

That shuriken is epic, interested in seeing how it works exactly, If its a skillshot or you set it on a target. it seems so sit and charge up before it flies at the enemy so unsure.
  3. Ellianar

Actually you aim toward a location, and the shuriken will go from where you were when you casted it to there it's not a teleguided missile, and it take like 3 seconds to charge, so it'll be a tricky spell to use, especially in pvp where you will need to anticipate ennemies movement, i think it is a great mechanic!
  4. Skippy

It is, but in a pvp sense? tbh you'd be better off swapping it out for another ability if that's how it works. anybody with half a brain wouldn't get hit by it so you're better off using something you can actually hit with or that has more utility.
  5. Ellianar

Well telegraphs are disabled in pvp and you can aim it not only straight toward an ennemy with the free targeting ( and only viable ) system.
  6. Skippy

Telegraphs are disabled, but the size of the blade is more than enough to warn someone of what is coming, simply that blade ability is going to be noticeable in pvp, and easily avoidable. It's just gonna be easier to swap such an ability out for something with a higher chance to hit or more utility.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Untill we know the missle speed of the ability we can't say if it's easy or hard to hit/dodge. Mayby the missle speed is high enough to hit people.

Also mayby you can pick a spell that has a higher chance to hit, but mayby the damage is less.

Seeing the amount of jumps/movement you have i see no problem getting a bit closer to the enemy in order to hit that stronger spell.
    The closer you are the higher the chance to hit, and if it deals significant more damage...

It's just what you prefer:

Less dmg, more hit chance
    High dmg, lower hit chance
    Moderate dmg, medium hit chance

So again this is another difference we can see in PvP, what suits your play-style the most? Most likely that spell will be the strongest.

Also the synergy between spells, if you got a spell that makes you leap to the target and deals high damage, then having a high dmg spell with low hit chance (from far away but high if closeby) could be better aswell.

So i see both side's :D
  8. Skippy

That's the thing, with this one ability (the shuriken ability) it basically stays stationary spinning (and glowing like a mofo) for a while before it fires towards the enemy, the ability in itself is a telegraph that it's there, the speed of the projectile is fast... but the blade itself sits there spinning to charge up which most people will be able to avoid easily.
  9. Kerphos

Kerphos New Cupcake

I bet there are alot of other options in terms of spells you could pick.

Generally the Esper is looking good. As in, really good. Blue telekineses birds, blades and all sorts of things - way better than "Fireball, Ice Spear" etc. Those are boring if you can't alter them.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The charging up isn't a problem, since i've read that even with stationary spells you can move your character in a round (so the way you are facing). Still making it as hard to avoid it as it would with a lower charge time.

Ofcourse we just don't have the exact spell details yet....so we can't say for sure, but some spells have that option to keep ''turning'' while it charges.
    Then the only option the enemy has to increase the chance to avoid getting hit, is backing off. But seeing as the Esper is a range class i can't possibly find a negative reason if (for example) a stalker/warrior/melee class would back off :D
  11. Skippy

That's another thing, the ability isn't a ''cast'' charging ability, and i can't see how you could still control it as it charges, unless it fires the way you are facing when it releases maybe?

It looks more like an activate and forget ability from the videos i have seen, It doesn't even have a target reticle or telegraph area when you use it, which is why I'm thinking it may be an ability you just cast on a target more than having to aim it.
  12. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

= P That very may well be the case. >.> PSO had a magical lightning unicorn so I was hoping Wildstar had one as well to fill the void left by my severe lack of unicorns.
  13. Ellianar

I think i wasn't clear enough :D What I meant is you don't have to aim DIRECTLY toward an ennemy, you can for example aim 5 meter left to the ennemy and meanwhile the shuriken is charging you aim a direct telegraphs that force the ennemy to dodge it by dashing left .. RIGHT ON YOUR BADASS SHURIKEN OF DEATH LAZOR CAT BOUM!
  14. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

Where'd you get that from?
  15. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Cupcake-About-Town

Some of the videos from the last round of interviews show the Esper in action
  16. Skippy

Then they dodge the other way and it misses completely, it is about practicality. And any player who knows anything about pvp wont fall for it. You would simply be better off trading the ability in for something more practical, your idea sounds good in theory, but wouldnt work in practice.
  17. Ellianar

You cant double dash and i just have to cast another spell to anticipate the dodge and here we are :D

From gameplay videos and my eyes :D
  18. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

Sorry, Ellianar, but I don't think that's right. Also, I don't recall any gameplay videos actually explaining details of the abilities and how they work.
  19. Ellianar

I have to make an apology because i was wrong, after rewatching the video and looking at the tooltip it clearly indicates : MAnifest a psyblade, that afeter 4,4 seconds shoots to the ennemy targets dealing 115% Assault Power damage.

So yeah it is directed and i'm dissapointed cuz i really thought it wasn't :D

So it become a strongly good spell as it is instant casting, doesnt cost focus points, and do decent damage. ( The base spell of esper we saw for now is the multiple blade in a line with a 1,5 sec cast and it does 95% of Assault power

It had an important part of strategy, like i have 3 focus points if i cast the shuriken then 2 times the basis spell and then a huge focus point ability that will land with the shuriken you can plan a huge burst on your ennemy!
  20. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

That sounds like it to me. I think Telekinetic Strike (the multiple blades in a line shot) was changed so that Espers learn it at a later level instead of it being their first main skill. It was in the M31 (CBT2) patch notes I think. So i wonder what will replace that. Probably Spectral Frenzy.