1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Esper Weapon - Glaive on the back

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Rein, May 13, 2013.

1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

We do actually have an ability that does that. I believe it was shown in a Dev Commentary Demo during a con where they are showing off Algoroc then Galeras. You can see it when they're fighting the "Lightning Zone" boss. (I forget the name.)

Also, I believe the Psyblade is the "training wheels" of sorts for the esper. Having a physical object to focus on can really help with projecting purely mental abilities.
  2. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I think the glaive is pretty cool. Makes me want to play an Esper.
  3. Phyllo

Phyllo Cupcake

17mins in shows some Esper gameplay. It still seems to be stuck on the back, but the move is coming from that location atleast. Not quite what everyone wanted but closer than before.
  4. Sebyos Vernett

Sebyos Vernett New Cupcake

Could simply be a form of psyblade. I remember seeing a spell that uses a kind of Glaive and throws it. It would make sense for a telekinetic class.

...telekinetic power. Once they have mastered this ability, Espers learn to use the psyblade – a sharp and deadly projectile weapon propelled through the air by the force of their minds.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/classes/esper.php
  5. Necro

Necro New Cupcake

well i wouldn't see an esper as NEEDING a weapon other than a stat stick simply because they're main weapon is their mind.
  6. Nayukhuut`Chet

Nayukhuut`Chet Cupcake

Sigh, when you all said glaive I got so excited thinking it was the traditional glaive and not the newer throwing star incarnation. :(
  7. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

What "glaive" are people talking about? Could someone link me to a picture of an Esper with it? All I've seen are ugly pinwheels and weird ninja stars strapped to their backs. Having an actual blade skin would be cool.