1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

EU Based Servers

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Bisqquit, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this. I'd like to know if Carbine are planning to have dedicated EU based servers as opposed to US servers with an EU label on it.

The competitive elements of the game like raiding and pvp practically demand it so I'd just like it confirmed one way or another.
    Veckna and Riamu like this.
  2. Riamu

Riamu Cupcake

This.

/char
  3. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I would like it better with mega servers under the labels of PVP PVE and RP etc.. and you just connect to dataservers closest to you.
    ie. I can on the same server as someone in NA but not a lot of ping because I am connecting through a dataserver/datacenter in EU.

so several of each type of server with some localized servers in there as well.

don't know if this will happen though or if possible
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  4. Morggause

Morggause Cupcake-About-Town

It's already official that the game is going to be located (translated) in french, english, and german. I don't see why they wouldn't give people server based on this. And since people raid within their own timeline, it would be pointless to have a competitive run inside a server with people on different timeline.
  5. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

For what it's worth, as someone in Australia, I had no problems playing on NA servers in Guild Wars 2.

(I did get pretty noticeable delay in WoW though :p)

But I hope that this is a sign that modern MMOs have better technology and that there's less of an issue playing on a server that's not from your region. ^______^
  6. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Been playing US servers for years, no noticable problems with performance even in a server top guild. Maybe it is different serverwide hardcore top guilds, where minosculous details have an effect.
  7. Vembumees

Vembumees Cupcake-About-Town

Hope there will be EU servers as well at the release. Even though if there aren't I'd have no problem playing in NA, 200 ms can get annoying tho depending on the game and the servers, but it definitely doesn't stop you from playing. You have to realize tho, that even tho playing in NA from EU is tolerable, majority just won't even try it. Most of the people just play games only localized, the ones who don't are pretty much the 1%. And there are loads of players who refuse to play with any delay at all... But considering it's NCsoft publishing it, I don't see why it wouldn't have EU servers at release.
  8. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

Yep Really it would be preferable to have EU based data centres for the EU based community however if the infrastructure NCsfot have available for GW2 is anything to go by then the NA servers wouldn't really be too horrendous anyhow if it comes to it I would guess.
  9. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I live in the EU and I'd like to play an MMO made by a company residing in the USA.

What is wrong with this sentence ? Nothing if your game company is on the level but very recently I had the "pleasure" of paying 60$ for access in the Neverwinter Online beta.

1st thing I noticed straight after logging into the game was that I was getting major lagspikes, my character was just being bounced around the map pretty often because the connection kept dropping and the server kept "remembering" my character at another location to where it was currently. I was also having 200-250 ms compared to my usual 50ms that I get in the other MMOs.

The explanation: Neverwinter does not have servers located in the EU and everyone from EU is forced to play on NA servers which, depending on your connection and ISP, may very well be a deal breaker (like in my case) or not even noticed (particularly if you have fibre internet). Problem which is not solved by selecting the Eu Proxy option in the launcher.

I was aware of this before I paid but having nothing else to play really motivated me to just say YOLO :D . I was wrong and the lesson cost me 60$.

So, are EU servers being planned for Wildstar ? I gotta ask cause I never expected an MMO without EU servers before Neverwinter and I don't want to be surprised again.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  10. Draahl

Draahl Cupcake-About-Town

I would certainly hope so, would be a massive failure otherwise.
  11. Purple Rose

Purple Rose Cupcake-About-Town

I think this is the reason there is no EU Beta yet.They are trying to find a way to make Wildstar both beta and at launch playable and enjoyable for EU players!
    If they plan to have servers only in US they have to do something with people with no great internet speed!

But i hope they will not fail on that matter:)
    Their approach so far is good and they seem to understand that they have to provide something good for Europeans also.Even if that means we have to way a lot of things
  12. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I think they have a office in the UK so I guess they have servers there aswell ? if not I see alot of other games that require EU servers have them based in France (or atleast that timezone) hopefully thats the case with Wildstar as I also hate lagg as it is OP and has claimed my life so many times on other games :p so its also a deal breaker for me

but I think on one of there interviews or somthing where they talked about server's they have it so they exspect people to be at 300-350 ms so they try to compensate for that with the way the game runs... but I aint sure and cant remember what it said exactly
  13. Purple Rose

Having servers in EU is mandatory.
    Also having Game Masters based in Eu is also Mandatory.A lot of staff is mandatory if you want to make a really good game.

Eu Players are different from Us ones and have to be treat differently.

The timezone problem is really important.
    Remember Swtor bring servers down on Eu times to please Us people?

This will not be good for Wildstar!
  14. aiuradun

aiuradun Cupcake-About-Town

You are talking about a beta here it is quite normal to only have the initial stages of beta in 1 region and then roll out close to launch so quite unfair to judge the game on that basis, if you are not ready for issues while playing a game in beta, than don't pay for a beta and wait for the final release, and if you are even more annoyed with bugs than most people you should probably at least weight until after 1 month after release to buy it since there is _always_ issues the first month.
  15. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

Would make sense since they have such a strong EU fan-base. After all they do those Arkships for a reason, to show off the game to a certain crowd and it so happens that they showed it off to the EU peeps. So you can pretty much expect some form of servers being given to the EU peeps because nothing kills a game more than lag. Nothing... :coffee:
  16. Primalthirst

Primalthirst Cupcake

I would be enormously surprised if they didn't have EU servers, there is logically no reason to alienate that many potential customers. That said, 200-250ms is better than any Australian has ever had to any MMO not named SWTOR (since they had Oceanic servers.)
  17. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Any selfrespecting MMO would have servers around the globe. Gaffer even talked about 'their' server in Germany which might be used for betatesting. So, yes.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  18. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

There's going to be EU servers, no need to worry about that, and I think they said that once they manage to get their EU servers (in Frankfurt?) up and running they'll start letting EU players into the beta.
    Malorak likes this.
  19. Clockwerk

Clockwerk Cupcake

if i remember correctly they already assured that there will be eu servers.

i hope carbine announces the serverlist before gamestart for planning and get in contact with the future community.
    Malorak likes this.
  20. Purple Rose

Swtor didnt have issues at launch.Nor with server stability and in game!
    So every company shall follow Bioware's steps!

Germany?Omg...Carbine is going Bankrupt soon:p