1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

EU Based Servers

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Bisqquit, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Pariax

Pariax Cupcake

They said (in the facebook post for Arkship EU) they are working on getting EU players into Beta and just like the most of you i assume they havent done it yet because the serverstructure isnt ready yet.

while you might be right that frankfurt being the most expensive solution, it surely is the best quality. Frankfurt is the best place to host servers for europe, and Wildstar deserves it.
    I just hope they can maintain enough server and wont run into problems, though given the quality of the game i doubt it :)
  2. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

I think we don't have to be afraid by this, There WILL BE EU server otherwise Carbine could aswell not have develloped WS considering the community loss that would mean.

About servers i'm more afraid of the numbers of them for each language. I mean if there is like 10 servers for each language, and you choose the wrong one ( wrong as in the less populated ) you re kinda screwed. I wish to see very few servers per language but i don't know if it will be possible in term of capacity and information treatment.
  3. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Khrusky and atom like this.
  4. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldnt stress it. There will be EU servers. The publishers have a track record of running mmos worldwide they'll have assets in place to deploy this locally in the EU.
  5. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

I am guessing that since most Ncsoft published games have EU servers, it is 100% certain Wild star will have them. I do believe that sort of thing is part of why you have a publisher.

Personally I will be playing on a U.S. server since my gaming community is US based, but we never had much latency issues.
  6. Purple Rose

Purple Rose Cupcake-About-Town

Also just to mention something else!
    Apart from servers they need separate websites for EU/US.
  7. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Care to enlighten us as to why? :)
  8. Eliat_kuni

Eliat_kuni Cupcake

Skean likes this.
  9. Cupcake

Cupcake Cupcake

Don't you guys have pockets of french too? :p
    haha I think maybe that confuses them but I get how that can be totally annoying!
  10. Purple Rose

The huge problem is as i mentioned the time differences.
    Lets say that Carbine will have server maintenance every Tuesday.
    If they do the maintenance at night(That most companies do cause its not a time that most people play) lets say around 05.00 in the morning thats 15.00 for me.You know what is that?Prime time.Time that most Europeans realms are full.Faced that joke at Swtor.They wanted to please Americans and didnt mind about Europeans.
    They must separete many staff for that matter.Having a website that is having 2 different times for everything is not helpful.

An other example is Events in game.
    Patch notes release
    European/US events (Cause i think they mentioned esport events)
    Community spotlights about European and Americans that show guilds,player driven events.
    Forum Moderation.Lets say a European is having a problem in the morning(Time America is going to sleep).You think the response is going to be the same?
    Or they will have open Phone numbers in the night?
  11. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    Probably because most in the US assume we all speak french.

/Canadian living in the US.
    //When ever someone finds out I'm from Canada I get asked 3 things. Do I speak french, do I eat maple syrup all the time, and why do Mounties wear red uniforms and ride horses all the time.
    ///of course my answers are No, only with beer and bacon in the morning and because, no other reason is needed.
  12. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

In my experience, this is because—and I wish I were joking—a non-trivial number of US customers will complain about there being no option to pick English. Also because Canadian users will then complain about American spellings, like center/centre or armor/armour, saying "this isn't Canadian English!"
  13. SituationSoap

SituationSoap Cupcake-About-Town

This. I don't live in the EU, but the long and short of it is that there are no ways around physics, and if you want to provide an enjoyable experience for the majority of your overseas player base, you need to provide hardware in their region.

This includes Oceanic players, too.
  14. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

WildStar EU will probably be using the same Frankfurt, Germany data center(s) that GW2 is currently using. :up:
  15. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I was only referring to the website. Having EU servers with their own update-timer seemed obvious. Although now you mention TOR, wednesdays were awful in that regard.
  16. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

Eliat_kuni likes this.
  17. Purple Rose

I am also reffering to the website.
    The servers are an example that can be moved to Website with infos about upcoming server maintenance and what is going to be applied and all that staff
    In short i will say it again.Having separeted websites is good for:
    1)Region information and updates about the game
    2)Having also global announcements
    3)Having region events like Community updates,players
    4)Better customer support
    And many more than i will eventually think of!

Try adding all of those in one website for all regions!CHAOS

Also please Carbine.Have servers specific forums and not A-F servers forums like swtor(Yes i know they didnt though it was bad /my money gone to a lame game and company)

But i think most companies for some reason even if they have offices world wide(Blizzard f.e) they have everything in America(I dont count here Koreans-China because they have different policies about games).

And at last.Please Carbine dont have Forum MPV's.Please dont.Dont want to see again copy-paste ........ .
    I say it here.I will be the first to create the Censorship of Truth thread and hold the flag of rage(I know most people will not get it but was something that divided the Europeans for a long long time).
    Rai and Calsic like this.
  18. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

This! Server specific forums do so much good for the community. Everything from guild recruitment, to organizing server events, to finding someone with a rare recipe -- you're just so isolated if all community discussion is lumped in together. You can never find anything relevant to your own server. The excuse for not having them is the increased moderation requirement. Report Post buttons seem to work well for other games.
  19. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

Just like to point out that i played EQ2 for 5 years HC raiding at a competive level on US servers and at times (quite regularly actually) had better pings than some of the US peeps. I never had issues with raiding and avoiding stuff and there were plenty of DDR situations in open world zones (avatars) to add to the potential lag. Server tech has moved on clearly since then also, so i see no reason why it would be an issue now if it wasn't back then.
  20. Inimicus

Inimicus Cupcake

It's mainly down to the spelling thing, you have proper English and also American English, or the more commonly named "Wrong"

Hate that if you google (even on co.uk) the word "colour" the first in the list is
    Color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IF I WANTED IT SPELT WRONG I WOULD HAVE DONE IT MYSELF!! RAWWWR

/end rant