1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story Euloora Sageroot, a short backstory

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by FluidD, Feb 22, 2013.

1. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

Arboria, a planet overflowing with life. It is this life that would inevitably attract the iron hand of the Dominion, but the Aurin are a wily people. It is here that my story begins. I am Euloora Sageroot and Arboria is no longer my home.

The day the humans came was amazing! They flew in great metal fireboxes, how something that big could ever fly makes me so confused. For some reason the dominion did not like that the other humans were here and decided we Aurin were the enemy. Humans are so strange, they all look the same but they hate each other, and some of them have the silliest voices. All of the dominion came down on us in what felt like a day, they had giant monsters come and tear up all our trees, there was so much fire!

I never really saw fire before, it is so beautiful, even more beautiful then the trees! Arboria is a generally damp place, ya’ know? So most fires are small and some Aurins always put them out before they get big. The fire the dominion made was like a lake of shimmering golden sparks, it makes me just want to BURN SOMETHING.

But fire is bad, and my sister and me were trapped by a monster and by fire on all sides. The monster whistled and creeked when it walked and its skin was metal, it was like a human “ship” except I don’t think anyone was in there. You know me, I was not scared even a bit, I knew the natural order wouldn’t let ME die. My sister was screaming and screaming, her face was so silly all those tears for no reason! So, this monster brought up his giant metal arm thingy, and thrust it straight at us, I just smiled and laughed, but my sister did not think it was funny at all. Like a jabbit that just escaped from a draken, this giant man-thing stormed out from the fire and tackled the monsters arm, making it miss us. I laughed and said “Told you we would be ok silly,”

My sister just kept crying and yelling “Its still alive its still alive,” and “Save us mister,” wah wah wah. She was soo annoying! This big rock guy is apparently what they call a Granok, he looked like he was having fun to and he pulled out this big magical stick that shot exploding fire, I am pretty sure it killed the monster. When it exploded the sparks tickled my ears and warmed my fur, oh I love fire, love love love it!

The rock guy turned and said, “Hurry your furry asses up, I’m on rescue duty but I’m not waiten around for no half-pint,”

“Well then who are you Mr. Rockyguy,” I said with a biiig grin as I pulled my sister to her feet and dragged her by her tail to our savior. He was sooo cool! Fire didn’t even scare him; it just danced down his hard body! I wish fire could do that to me.

“They call me Maddog,” He said with his deep bellowing voice, he pulled out a big stick and dipped the tip in the fire, making it glow all red before he slapped it in his mouth. He looked really annoyed because I was just standing there looking at him. “What the hell are you looken at fuzzy, your supposed to be running,”
    “I am waiting for you Rock guy, er, Maddog. What a silly name, you know your not a dog right?” I giggled, but the big guy did not think I was very funny. He grabbed me and my sister and threw us up over his shoulder. He ran slow for such a big thing, we Aurins are much faster, but I just let him feel special. “Where are you taking us Dogguy?” I asked in a funny voice, I was bouncing around so much up there! My ears were flopping all over Mr. Doggys face, he did not like that very much, nope not at all.

Mr. Dogman grabbed my ears and tucked them under his arm, it made it really uncomfortable to be bouncing like that. “Where are we going Mr. Doggy,” I asked.

“I am taken you to safety, what the hell do ya think?” he made this funny voice when he said what the hell do ya think, I think he thought I was stupid! We ran through this big wall of fire, it was so great, so warm! It didn’t even hurt me one bit. On the other side of the firewall their was a big open space, crushed trees opened up a big patch of land. Seeing all the dying trees and hearing them cry like that made me want to cry to. It made my sister cry, a whole bunch.

All these human ships were all over the clearing, and Aurin were climbing in. Mr. Doggy told us what was happening, cause he could tell we were confused, “This is where ya gotta choose, are ya gonna leave to survive, or stay here with your trees. Damn fuzzys,”

I laughed and smiled real big and asked, “If I go with you will we see the Dominion again?”

Mr. Dogman shook his head yes then said, “If you want to see them, you will, trust me,”

“Ok then, I am coming with you Mr. Doggy. I want to burn them all like they burned my trees!” I yelled and grabbed Mr. Maddoggy’s head, squeezing it close to my chest and laughing “Thanks, thanks thanks. Can you show me how to make a bunch of fire like here! If I had that much fire I could kill those big tree eating monsters easy!”

Mr. Maddog laughed! Just a little, but he did, I heeeard it! “You’re crazy. Now that’s the ship I came on,” He pointed at a kinda big ship, big enough I guess! “That babe is Serenity, if ya come with me, that’ll be our new home,”

“So you want to live with me Mr. Maddoggy,” I asked, curiously.

“No.” He said sternly, but I knew he wanted to live with me because I am great!

“Well fine I will come,” I said and hugged his big fat head again.

Like a mouse my sister squeaked, “I am not. I am going to stay here,”

“Why aria? You should come, it is not safe here,” I said, I was pretty sad, but I am not very good at showing it, really.

“I need to help the trees, and rebuild. I will be fine, you have always been an adventurer, I see you gaze at the sky. This is what you always wanted!” She said as Mr. Doggy let us down off his shoulder.

He jumped and yelled, “ What the hell,” pointing at me, specifically “You… you’re naked! God dammit I need a beer, that fuzzy had her… bouncing on my shoulder… that whole time… what the hell is wrong with this place?”

“I was just being one with the trees… how am I gonna do that with a bunch of silly clothes on. Rock people sure are weird,” I laughed and hugged my sister. “I guess I need to go Aria, and you do too, those monsters will come soon. I will be back as quick as I can, I doubt this rock guy will want to keep me for long.”

“Probably not,” Aria laughed and hugged me too “I will see you soon,” she started to whimper and tear up. So I slapped her. “What did you do that for?”

“You need to be stronger, for the trees,” That was the last thing I said to aria, the ship Doggy was on started to blow fire everywhere! I had to run and jump in. I turned and yelled “I love you!” to my sister, but I do not think she heard me.

Mr. Dogman started to scream and shake his head “Why are you still naked, dammit! What the hell is wrong with you fuzzy,” He closed his eyes and pushed me towards the back of the ship. “Go back there with the rest of the fuzzy people we picked up, we are bringing you somewhere else, so I don’t have to deal with you.”

“ Nope! You said I was going to live with you and that’s what I am going to do. I am staying right here until I burn down the whoolllleeee Dominion,” I laughed and jumped unto Mr. Doggy’s big strong belly, latching on like he was a tree to climb.

He squealed reeeeally loud and tried to pry me off! But it’s reeeeally not that easy. “Fine you can stay in here, just put some damn clothes on, and get me a beer,” Then he grabbed both my arms and ripped me off, tossing me into a big pile of clothes! I wrapped one piece around my chest and another to cover my front! “You do not know how to dress yourself? I’m getten the hell outta here,” He reached inside a cold box and grabbed a “beer.” “Welcome to Serenity kid, now go bother someone else,”

“Where are we going,” I asked and jumped in front of him.

“None of your damn business,” he said “Go mingle with the Serenity crew, I’m sure they’ll love you as much as I did,” He laughed real deep, he breathes in so much air at one time its like I wont have any left!

“So you do love me Maddog!” I laughed and hugged him. “I knew it, well I looove you too,” Mr. Doggy was so mad! We yelled at each other all the time! He was just happy I wasn’t naked anymore. If hes every happy.

Serenity is my home now, we have picked up all sorts of people on our travels, and our captain says we are going to a place called Nexus. I will finally get to burn the Dominion like they burned me.
    pseudo, Dyraele, JarNod and 1 other person like this.
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

The hyper-activity and the awakened, previously unknown sense of Pyromania had me smiling and extremely worried at the same time. Her unbreakable optimism is terrifying. Unfortunately, this gal needs more control.

Specifically, too many of your sentences dog-pile each other to make a jumbled mess that is more confusing than is funny and stylistic. Please take more advantage of your unlimited space on the net by pressing that "Enter" key more, most especially with paragraphs that could do with less sentences. The "Welcome to Serenity" line could have done with its own line.

The bit about her being totally naked was rather weird and disjointed. The pacing was way off, and everything was running 90-miles-a-minute, exactly as miss Euloora's brain works. As as Aurin Scientist, I am inclined to tell you that this is both fascinating and extremely bad for my enjoyment of her journal. I like gigantic plethora of information, yes, but only if the information is coming in a steady, reasonable flow.

Also, could I request that this pyromaniac Aurin start saying "Burn all the babies!"?
  3. ruff_ethereal

My contribution:

Merryblossom Fields Research Facility Scientist Lifira Adun, Day One on starship Serenity

I have only been on this ship for five hours and already I am certain that it is to be the death of me. Where it is not falling apart and held together by copious amounts of duct-tape and prayers, it is overflowing with colourful personalities who, in any other situation than our own, would probably have been thrown into a mental asylum for their and the public's safety.

I am in particular wary of my bunk mate, Ms. Euloora Sageroot, a very young member of my species who displays an admirable sense of optimism, an indomitable spirit and a worrying affinity for fire, combustion, and arson. (To clarify, she is not my neighbour above me, below me, or across the aisle; we are sleeping on the same bed due to unforeseen circumstances.) Though I am sure that this might just be a phase she is going through, as I did with my Children of the Blossom escapades, I still scoot over to the farthest side of our bunk, giving her as much room and distance between us as possible.

She has been gone for most of the day, having gone on a "field trip" to the Engine Room to learn more about the ship's propulsion system, or, as she so eloquently put it, "the giant FOOM that makes the ship move." I sincerely hope that her educational experience is fun and incident-free.
  4. FluidD

I separate paragraphs by who is talking to make sure its not confusing. I see it as pretty well segmented, with a few human errors, sure.
    I think if you are going to comment on others work you should be a little bit nicer, and try not to break down but build up. None of your comments, even the ones that I THINK may have been an attempt at niceties, are really that positive.
    There are only two long paragraphs that could even be considered remotely confusing if you have any reading capabilities, had you gone about it in a better way I would be much more inclined to embrace these changes. Sadly you did not.
    Euloora loves babies, she may end up burning her "bunk-mate," though.
    Maddog Charlie and pseudo like this.
  5. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Yeah, this isn't a critiquing forum. This is a safe place where a person of any skill level can share their excitement about wildstar free of critique or belittlement. If someone wants critiques, they can ask for it, otherwise only support.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I really liked your piece, FluidD! The off-kilter narrator definitely has a Wildstarian flare to her :)
    FluidD and Maddog Charlie like this.
  6. FluidD

Thanks pseudo! I tried to give her a unique personality to fit in this unique universe.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  7. ruff_ethereal

(Forgot to post "Reply.")

Sorry about that.

I admire your polite response to my rudeness. I will keep from crtiquing from now on unless specifically asked for.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  8. ruff_ethereal

Aurin Scientist Lifira Adun, Day 4 on starship Serenity

Euloora tried to set fire to me today. It may have been from my comments when she related to me her “How I got here,” story. I probably should have just shut up when her eyebrows started narrowing and she seemed to be looking for tinder every couple of sentences.

I never was good at social interaction.

I apologized to her, and then requested a transfer to a different bunk. Turns out, the only area happens to be the floors of the Engine Room. At the very least, I am only in danger of being set on fire if the ship blows up, which is...

Well, at least its warm.

We're meeting up with other Exile ships today. There's going to be trade to pass around what everyone needs most, getting the injured and sick to proper medical care, and just switching around crews and refugees.

I think I'll join a different ship. Something tells me I've overstayed my welcome in the Serenity and the patience of those on-board.

PS. Euloora, if you find this, hopefully I'll be long gone. The scrap this is written on seems to be perfect for tinder. Feel free to set this entire entry on fire; I had my Scan Bot upload a soft copy.
    Maddog Charlie and FluidD like this.
  9. FluidD

No worries, its not a big deal at all. Wildstar-central has been a shining example of an outstanding community, I just try to make sure that community does not get trifled with and new comers can see what kind of place this is.
    That being said your apology is accepted and I cant wait to see some of your stories, assuming youll write some.