1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Everything" is tradeable?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Miatog, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

Reading up on crafting I keep running across this phrase. "Everything is tradeable." While I like this for crafting, specially mats, (I've hated being a tailor the last two WoW expansions), does this really apply to everything? Will I really see people selling 40 man raid loot?

I know that the loot has to be handed out to 40 people so it should take a while before anything is found worthless, but the very idea of selling raid loot just...it feels wrong... Plus there's the thing about selling off your old gear. "Here I got better now, someone else buy this!" It feels so wrong to think about!
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Well 40man raids are not in the beta yet, I don't know anyone who has seen them. I also dont know if the 20man gear is tradeable or sellable on the AH. There is also the idea that some things in beta are there to be tested and may be different on launch.
    For example people in beta got free hoverboards at level 10, but at launch it will be changed to level 25 and cost money. Or attunements were not added in the beta so that things could be tested easier, but they will be in for launch.
  3. Miatog

But this is a phrase being used to talk about what we should see at launch.
  4. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

can you link the article so we can see what you are talking about?
  5. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

It was from his other "crafting question" thread -

http://www.wildstarforums.com/news/27249-wildstar-news-craft-your-hearts-out-everything-you

Quote from Phillip "P-Chan" Chan
    At the moment we are working under the 'everything is tradeable, until somebody tells us not to do that anymore'. We want to focus on a working economy and a working economy is stymied by soulbound. We want our economy to be fluid, we want it to move, we want it to be diverse, and in order to do that we have to allow player to player trading. We would like to make that as broad as possible. We want our economy to work which requires us to be able to allow player to player trading, especially crafted things.

6. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Once things are equipped they bind. Most dungeon/raid drops are bop. Crafting is freely sellable, and unless its something bought with a special currency is boe. For example there are blue power cores at 50 that you can purchase with renown, the power core itself is bop, but the item it creates is boe. The point I believe that article was trying to make is they don't like the recipes that make bop items like many mmo's introduce.
    EtherealOmega, Bnol and Kataryna like this.
  7. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Slight correction, the Special Hybrid Power Core used as a material in the Expert Research crafting (highest tier we saw in beta) was purchased using crafting vouchers (special currency earned by doing daily crafting quests). It was always tradable, they changed it to being always available as opposed to a limited stock item as it was holding back pretty much every expert crafter due to only respawning on server crashes (and non crafters would buy them to sell on the AH). Special materials (ie the Epochos schematics) bought with the same currency are bop I believe which may be why there is confusion.
    The rest is correct - all crafted items that we've seen are currently tradable and while there are occasional bind on equip drops in raids/dungeons the boss drops are bind on pickup.
  8. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Yes everything is tradeable. Despite all the easy to access info to the contrary, raid loot can be sold. £50 a weapon, twenty for armour pieces, Chuas half price.
  9. Livnthedream

Pretty sure I found some that could be purchased with renown that were bop. I don't remember them putting the special hybrid cores on a vendor as I don't think I ever found that crafting voucher guy even after they put him in. I had like 900k vouchers to spend! :)
  10. Veckna

The vendor for the crafting vouchers was right next to the guy giving the eldan data fragment daily quest - close to the dye npc/Ilium crafting quest board. Cores were under the 'General' tab and were limited stock only (similar to the crafting material chests). They were changed to normal stock items (ie always available and could buy multiple) along with the chests in the latest patch.

Didn't find any cores for renown but then I only found the renown vendor in the guild bank area who sold the gathering materials bags/mounts/customisation etc so it's likely I missed one. Would have loved to buy cores for renown as I earned well over 1 million with the raiding/veterans :D

We'd seen the warbot cores from veteran Tempest Refuge adventure that were bop but that was about it.
  11. Livnthedream

You are likely correct. My ssd blew up so I stopped playing for like a month, and really only caught back up this last week, so play wise I am a bit behind and missed a chunk of changes from wb2 to wb3.
  12. Veckna

Raising my hopes up for renown cores - thought you were going to tell me of a vendor we'd missed :(

Oh well, at least the hoverboards + mount customisation were fun to play with :D
  13. Miatog

That's a good example but I saw it in other places too. What little I could get from google before I was given that link.

Thanks all for clearing that up.
  14. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

So in effect the worst possible alternative of $$ to player power under the CREDD system is the one they're going with?

I'm so tempted to revisit my posts in the early days business model debate when a common rebuke for my concerns was that the most potent gear in the game is going to be BoP so you can't outright buy power from other players with $$...
  15. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Not seeing what you mean here. Crafted gear is BoE, but almost all boss dropped gear is BoP. There were a few rare pieces that were BoE, but they were sub-par when compared to the same bosses BoP items. Which makes sense.
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

What he means is that raiders can also take the crafting profession. Then they can pick up those rare crafting mats when they raid, and in turn create raid quality epics that they can sell on the AH. So within a month, with all the raid quality epics that will be flooding the AH, people will just be purchasing those instead of bothering with clearing the instance.
    I'm also curious if this can be done with Pvp, can crafters also create grand marshal and top ranked Pvp gear and sell that on the AH too, so that people dont have to be bothered with Arena or Warplots?
  17. Outlaw

Ah, I was really thinking about the quality of the crafted gear. I do know that crafted gear can be stacked to be REALLY good.

Recently, I had a level 31 epic medic resonator world drop and was super happy. It had 750 Assault Power, 254 Support Power, and high tech and brutality stats on it with a life drain special effect and it looked awesome! Literally, a few minutes after I equipped it, someone linked a level 30 WHITE resonator in chat asking "OP or bugged?"

This weapon had a lot less tech and replaced brutality with a low critical hit rating, but it had 850 AP (100 more than my EPIC level 31) and 0 SP with a Laceration special (and we all know how OP that is). Well I got them to make me one (for 3 greater fire signs and 10g) and it turns out the chat link was bugged and it actually was a GREEN level 30 weapon with 875 AP. As a leveling DPS medic, the choice was a no brainer and I can see where the crafted items COULD be a problem :/
  18. Borz

Borz Cupcake-About-Town

First, it was not bugged link, it's just that quality of crafted gear depends on used core. Green core, green item, blue core, blue item, and so on. Stats like Assault/Support power can also change depending on what stats are on item, and increase with overcharge.
    Secondly, this one is one of only two (well, two per class, so 12 total) items in game where Power bugdet goes 100/0 (other one being starting weapon). Is it great thing at this level - usually, depends on class and LAS. If you use only assault/only support skills, sure, but not if you're mixing. Still, it's not like there are any endgame crafted weapons with split 100/0. Altough gear as a whole needs some serous revision(OP procs, useless procs).
  19. Outlaw

Ah, I'd assumed he was able to put the budget fully into assault power or something. I leveled with a friend who was planning on healing and I got her one of those as well. She made a dps action set and we just blew everything up instead. Obviously, I'm not a crafter, but that's still a huge Assault Power difference for items that level/rarity. I just assumed it was something any crafter COULD do with any item.
  20. CRB_PChan

CRB_PChan Carbine Studios

Name dropper.

At this moment, in the entirety of crafting, there are less than 20 recipe outputs that are BoP. The rest are either BoE or having no binding properties.