1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Everything" is tradeable?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Miatog, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

Inside crafting that's fine and makes me very happy. Outside crafting was my worry, but others have said that items are BoP on pick up and most raid drops are BoP as well so my worry is set to rest.
  2. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

What concerns me, at least some, is that there are some items you can get from salvaging items that you cannot sell to other players, or at least you couldn't prior to the last patch. Specifically thread. Naturally needed by tailors.

Well, a non-tailor salvaging items can certainly get thread. However, there was no way to list it for sale on the auction house at the time, though you could just mail it to someone. Cloth did show up as sellable, just not thread. Oh well. Hopefully this will get fixed - soon.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Did you try selling it on both the CX AND the AH?
    gabers1 likes this.
  4. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Every Thing is trade-able.
    Every Thing is great.
    If a Thing's not traded,
    The Devs get quite irate.....
    [​IMG]
    Veckna and Miatog like this.
  5. Stimulate

Stimulate New Cupcake

Save your cash for an awesome rare boss plug for warplots!
  6. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

I tried buying it on both. I needed more, not interested in selling. Guess I'll find out for sure on Friday.
    Kataryna likes this.
  7. CRB_PChan

CRB_PChan Carbine Studios

You can buy thread from your friendly neighborhood U-Craft Vendbot.
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I'm going to be a settler! I'll have vendor bots everywhere! And they'll be trained to eat chua!
  9. Outlaw

Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Just to clarify, settlers do not make U-Craft Vendbots. They can summon a vendbot with a few basic potions, meals, and 10-slot bags in almost any area. They can also build a variety of different vendors at select settler depots throughout the world. Just not U-Craft Vendbots. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
  10. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Nope, you be right. Personally I prefer the Gatorade buff, mainly because its op.
  11. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

I purchased (mainly Gallows and Thayd) tons of fine thread from the tailoring vendor when leveling as you need at least 3 for many of the recipes so even with salvaging most items, I could not keep up with demand. In fact, I purchased so much that the price of 8 silver is still ingrained in my mind.....
  12. Outlaw

Galerade is the shizz! I've actually found myself taking a taxi to Thayd just to pick it up sometimes...and the buffs from the settler project there...and all those other buffs at the depots...
  13. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Good point Kat, I am fairly certain this would be under commodities with the other crafting material rather than auction.
  14. Livnthedream

Why taxi when you have so many ports?
  15. Outlaw

I usually bind to where I'm questing, do a bunch of quests, port back for turn-ins, taxi away for buffs (if needed), taxi back to my bind area, and do more quests.

Well, that's what I did until Farside. That bind point with the Thayd teleport was awesome. Though, I eventually got to a point where I didn't really feel the need to go back for the buffs so much because most of the important buffs had stations in the area.
  16. Livnthedream

Porting back for quests isn't worth it for the most part in my experience. There is so many spread around with the random kills and the like that just wandering around will keep you stocked. Also, I was scientist, so porting was no problem.
  17. Outlaw

Mostly I'd find myself on the other side of the map, having picked up a bunch of quests as I was doing the quests originally picked up in town and only having those in town left to turn in. There always seems to be something more to do once you turn those in that sends you right back out to start the circle again.

Don't really know about the Scientist much since wasn't that interested in playing it. I'm guessing they can portal a lot more? I only know about the summoning people to you thing since so many people were talking about it. Guess, I could keep some recall totems on me from a tech vendor, but I love grinding mobs so usually get the xp totems.

I was a soldier on my first toon and got frustrated with Ability Kiosks, Buff Station, etc. disappearing, so I made all the rest settlers. I was really surprised to find out how much I liked it since it was the Path I was least interested in upon first hearing about them. Especially like the projects that gave unique buffs, fast travel, unique vendors, or extra quests.
  18. Livnthedream

Yeah one of the first abilities you get as a scientist is a port to your major city once per hour. Between that, your regular port and port to your house I felt like I was swimming in them.

Really, what Carbine should do as an explanation for the paths is just flash a meme.
    Soldier: Kill all the things!
    Scientist: Scan all the things!
    Settler: Pick up all the things!
    Explorer: Plant flags on all the things!
  19. Meshuggenah

Meshuggenah New Cupcake

Gear binding is and always has been a silly mechanic designed to force people to grind more. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to sell your gear if you choose to.
  20. Outlaw

Mostly, so you don't trivialize most of the content by being able to buy the best gear in the game.

I think you know this already, and I think you just made this account, today at 6am, simply to, as Livnthedream would put it

Meshuggenah: Troll all the things!
    Bnol, Kataryna and gabers1 like this.