1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Exiles vs Dominion, Both too enticing!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by clack, Mar 20, 2013.

1. clack

clack New Cupcake

Anyone else having a hard time deciding which faction they're going to side with?

It's just too difficult, and I'm loving how hard it's been to choose one over the other. There isn't a clear-cut good guy or bad guy, which is awesome. Each faction (and race) has its own personality and quirks. At this point, there are two unannounced classes and two unannounced races, one race going to each faction. I'm really hoping one of these new classes/races will help tip the scales for me.

For those of you that have already pledged allegiance, what won you over?
    MrsJ, Flawz, Jynetik and 3 others like this.
  2. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

The different races. I saw mechari and was like yup I'm going to be dominion. After see that the fourth race for the dominion is probably going to be the gremlin/koala, that's going to be my main. For me it was never about the faction, just the race.
    Huffle Puff and Jynetik like this.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The dominion are just ME and i'm just the dominion. Same kind of humour (dark/annoying), love the military aspect of the dominion, adore the Mechari, envy the Cassians.

I just breathe Dominion, and well both factions can be every single class (which is my main reason to pick a side).
    But mayby I'll roll an Exile just for the quest lines that are/can be different.
    clack likes this.
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I actually decided on the Dominion before we had ever seen them in a video or screenshot, the unknown kind of drew me in. That being said I've always preferred the militaristic faction and it definitely helps that Carbine doesn't want either faction to necessarily be viewed as good or evil. The Draken and the Mechari really appeal to me as well, in my opinion both are pretty unique when it comes to MMO races.
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  5. ThePandason

ThePandason Cupcake

I really thought I'd end up siding with the Dominion when I saw the Meet the Dominion trailer. I just really liked the whole feel of their faction.

With that being said, I'm currently torn between the Granok and the Draken, but I think the tipping of the scales is going to be based on the final two races that have yet to be revealed. From our speculations on each of them, I'll probably end up choosing one or the other.

So basically, I'm in the same boat as you! :)
    clack likes this.
  6. clack

clack New Cupcake

I agree with you on both cases there. Granok get a unique trophy from me too, at least as a playable race. Earth elementals/golems are fairly widespread as mobs, but getting to play as one is going to be sweet.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a game like this without a human race, but I think it was a smart move to put a 'human' race on each faction. I've never really wanted to play straight up human, given the choice, but I know people who only play human characters always, no matter what. Sure, there's a difference between Cassian and Human, but it's a pretty human option for Dominion.
  7. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I still have no clue what faction I want to be.
  8. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I also have no idea which faction I'm gonna play either, much to Kurik's dismay. I really don't know ><
  9. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

It would be easier if he wasn't such a carebear :p
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Hah, I guess for WS I might be one if the guild goes that route but Warplots will take up a lot of my time. :)
  11. Urkan

Urkan New Cupcake

If the 4th Exile race is as BA as the little hints are suggesting, I'm definitely going Exile. Otherwise totally Dominion. Draken AND Mechari, both crazy awesome.
  12. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

The decision was too hard to make for me, so we had a guild voting session and it turns out we're Dominion :) That's the best way to decide without losing a small part of your mind.
  13. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

To me, the Dominion are pretty clear-cut badguys :p. I don't doubt that we'll see more layers to them in the game itself, but to me, that just means that they're complex villains as opposed to being anti-heroes. :p

That said, I'm sure that there are heroes within the Dominion; they're just the exception rather than representative of the faction as a whole. :p

Either way, it is still a tough choice for me between the Dominion and the Exiles. The Exiles are the clear underdogs and I want them to succeed. But the Dominion have English accents! (that counts for way more than you may think!) :inlove:
  14. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I'm undecided, the Dominion appeal to me, but I figure Exiles houses may be cooler to play about with just to how random they appear to be, while I imagine Dominion houses to be very pristine and clean and formal.
  15. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Houses are extremely customisable, and what you saw in the housing vids are a result of that more than faction choice, I'm sure. :p

You'll definitely be able to make Dominion houses just as 'random' as you want. ;)
  16. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

since you can organiza the house anyway you want you can make a dominion house as messy as an exile, plus the draken dont strike me as a formal race , and the 4th race is a crazy scientist race, in my personal experiece crazy scientis are not very organzi or formal
  17. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

Yeah I was thinking more towards Cassians, but I guess the others races can be equally as sporadic as exiles, although I'm not sure about Mechari.
  18. clack

clack New Cupcake

Yeah, I think I've arrived at a decision! I think what won me over to Exiles are the Aurin homes. They have that really organic, natural feel to them. I like the idea of natural things in a sci-fi world. Yeaaahh spacehippies!
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  19. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

@OP
    I'm definitely going Mechari for my first character, but I here what you mean. Both the Exiles and Dominion are awesome. It's the first time I've felt this way about an MMO. Usually I'm pulled in the direction of a particular faction and never look back. I will without a doubt have a Granok alt who's responsibilities will include (in no particular order): drinking beers, smoking stogies and kicking butts.
  20. wormed

wormed Cupcake

I'd like to know who will be the underdog faction, and join that one. When WoW first released, Horde was undeniably the smaller faction (at least on my server) so it was a lot of fun always having opponents to kill.