1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Exiles vs Dominion, Both too enticing!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by clack, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

I found the Cassians extreme arrogance funny, and appealing. So, I'll most likely roll dominion.
  2. Malisent

Malisent Cupcake-About-Town

I'm really having harder time with this than I have in previous games.. still waiting to see what the final two reveals are before making a final decision. and ultimately, a great guild is a priority, so that will sway my choice.
  3. Grohmm

Grohmm Cupcake

First MMO for which i'm not quite sure of which faction i'm gonna choose :s

I really like the 6 races, but i'm pretty sure i'll play a stalker so my choices will be more tight.
    I'm waiting for the ingame skins of all the houses / races / animations and for the beta to experiment the lore of the two factions.

In every other MMO, i knew directly which faction i should choose like Horde in WOW, Empire Sith evil side in SWTOR.
    But in Wildstar, the two factions seem to be as evil / good (depends on the point of view) than the other.

I still have a preference for the Aurin male stalker (fast, agile, master of avoidance and an efficient killer) and Draken stalker (more the psychotic killer unstoppable who wants to eviscerate his opponent).
  4. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

As I've said before, my heart belongs to the Exiles and me brain is claimed by the Dominion.

I enjoy the "Browncoat" and "Band of Brothers" feel of the Exiles. I love the differences between the Aurin and Granok. I can't wait to see the darker side of them with the unannounced race. I also adore their whole Judge lore, and the Exile Accords. It's very clear to me that they started their revolution because things were getting pretty bad for the plebeians, what with protests being met with gunfire. And then Arboria being ravaged really brings it home to me just how bad off these people who just want to live their own free life are.

The Dominion call to the half of me that reveled in playing an Imperial Agent in SWTOR. It's rather hard to play a faction that believes above all it is the "chosen" group to lead the rest of the universe to greatness and NOT have a blast. There is something just so deliciously arrogant and evil about that. I adore the Mechari as a race because it's just so rare to see. The Draken are also vicious yet there is more to them than meets the eye I think that we haven't quite seen yet. And of course the unannounced race looks freaking hilarious, I love them.

So at release I'm going with my heart. This doesn't mean I won't pine for the other side, though... >.>
    iiFrank and clack like this.
  5. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Really ?! Could have fooled me.

6. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I get that but to me they didn't come off necessarily as evil to me in that trailer but rather cocky or arrogant. Anyways that statement I posted is based on these comments made by Carbine:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_faction_appeal.php
    Críostóir and Kataryna like this.
  7. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

I picked Dominion for lore, at that time, only a promise of a small race, because I see myself having great pleasure in killing Aurin and because of my guild choice.

That said, I don't like the Dominion red, and prefer Exile blue, but you can't have it all I guess. I also really like Granok look.
  8. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

For sure going with an Aurin as my main character. As for other characters that I'll create, totally up in the air based on what the last two races are. Will most likely end up with one character from each faction.
  9. Devorak

Devorak New Cupcake

I can't stand imperial factions. I played Horde in WoW, Republic in TOR, Defiant in Rift, and you can bet I'll be playing Exiles in Wildstar.
    clack likes this.
  10. iiFrank

iiFrank Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed.
  11. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

I like robots. So Dominion :)
  12. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

That is pretty much how it works for me as well. When I get into an MMO I find the race that calls to me the hardest and I just set up camp with that faction. I am a big fan of faction rivalries and role playing but funny enough I don't really have a guiding set of principles that tends to lead me to the strong noble faction, or the dark and mysterious faction or w/e. I am very flexible and as long as I have my perfect little character that I want to be in the world I'll happily root for w/e faction I am a part of.

Because the female Draken exist I can't say that I ever really had to put a whole lot of thought into what faction I wanted to play with for Wildstar. However I have to say that Carbine has done a fantastic job of making both factions really compelling, and honestly a little difficult to define. I can't wait to see how the leveling experience and the PvP really shapes how these factions view themselves and each other. It's going to be a fun ride.
    Kurik likes this.
  13. Scelestic

Scelestic Cupcake

I concur, once again! I don't go for the specifically evil or good Faction- I just find the Race that interests me.

With that said I'll be rolling Dominion for the Chua's.
    Huffle Puff, Jynetik and Rakkis like this.
  14. WildHawk

WildHawk Cupcake

i was about to go exiles but then i saw the awesome Draken and Mechari races so i quickly changed my mind

yep those 2 are pretty much the reason why i am for the dominion
  15. JCwildthing

JCwildthing Cupcake

Exiles were an easy choice for me. I like the idea of the "little guy" giving it back to their oppressors. Should be interesting to learn more about the lore to see what levels of complexity lie within these 2 factions.
  16. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

"I'm arrogant and beautiful. Does that make me evil?" *laughs delightedly* - Ms M

Dominion! Cassian!
    Jynetik likes this.
  17. Plix

Plix New Cupcake

I fell in love with the cute redhead in "meet the exiles" - i'm so going to try to make my copy of her!
  18. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely Dominion here. Mostly because I have 0 interest for any block of stone with limbs (never played tauren in wow either), cutesy anime cat people or some undead guy.
  19. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

Exiles is the place for me. Outcasts, good hearted people trying to make ends meat and survive.
    clack likes this.
  20. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

I've played the underdogs since watching Star Wars when I was 5. Liberty or death, nuggets!