1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Exiles vs Dominion, Both too enticing!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by clack, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Catdurid

Catdurid Cupcake

I really like the exiles story/concept wise.

Still really hard to decide since both factions have awesome races.

But the Dominion have Deradune which looks really cool, and reminds me of Barrens from WoW. Some of my earliest and best memories are from that zone, and who doesn't love some good chuck norris jokes in barrens chat?
  2. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

I debate the clear cut good-guys and bad-guys bit...

Yeah, the Exiles have probably done some questionable things to survive
    and yeah, the Dominion are probably doing more good than bad for the galaxy even when they're stomping around in jack boots...

But let's face it >>' the Dominion are all but twirling their mustaches with villainy at times, and the Exiles are so "WE ARE GOOD GUYS" that it makes one's teeth ache!

And I applaud the game for doing that!
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  3. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

None of the current Exile races interest me, but the 4th one that's rumored to be an undead'ish race could shake things up a bit. For now I'm set on the Dominion though, their human race looks infinitely more badass then the Exile one, the Drakens are pretty cool aswell, and the Mechari are just plain awesome and most likely the race I'll end up playing.
  4. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Have you watched the Exile starting videos? They crashed/bombed their ships into Yeti territory, and then the Exiles all go about fighting/slaughtering big terrifying/furry monsters/critters who have been startled by the flaming wreckage dropped on their land :)

And then we've got the Chua, attaching explosives to rhinos, and blowing them up for experiments sake. Freakin crazy little fur balls!

They're both stomping the indigenous populations of Nexus. With that said, the Eldan probably didn't treat the natives much better. Maybe we'll encounter some friendlies on the planet from both sides.

Waiting for the race reveals, more so for the exile - since we've talked about Chua for a while now.
  5. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

But the Chua are stomping the indeginous life FOR SCIENCE! Which in my book makes it all okay...
  6. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Scienctist Chua: "First, we will give grenades to monkies."

Monkey: "Eeek! Eek! Eek! *Kaboom!*"

Chua: "Next we've developed the Explosive Matter Manipulator Stealth Cow."

Moo-moo: "Moo? *Kaboom!*"

Chau: "Science is funs! :roflamo:"

Aurin: "Oh noes! Poor little monkies and Moo-moos!"
  7. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I thought Aurin only cared for plants? Or maybe that's just me...

( I really make a bad Aurin. I should become a Redactoid asap xD)
  8. Nimydh

Nimydh New Cupcake

i'll certainely try Exiles and Dominion , but Exiles in first .^^
  9. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

I had a really hard time deciding, for the first time in any faction-based MMO. The Dominion finally won me over because on many if not all of the fansites, Exiles seem to be the popular faction.

The races are also more interesting to me. The only Exile race that has me excited is the unannounced"zombie" race. On the Dominion side, I think each race appeals to me in some regard and I can't wait for them to confirm Chuas.
  10. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

I like this thread :)

Exiles because I like the feel of being what I want instead of what my faction wants me to be.

Mercs. thugs. rebel's. bandits. outcasts. It's a mixture of mayhem and I love it. You can be what you want and just because your an Exile does not mean you are a good guy.. Just means you cant and will not be controlled!

Fear me Dominion for I do not abide by a set of rules and orders, and will reign destruction apon your masses.

The exiles in my opinion can do as they please and will fight for that right. I love the Exile feel of it all. It's just going to be fun having such a conflict that's not focused just on just money or land. Yes they came to new land because they were run off of theirs but Dominion just want to rule everyone and thats their agenda. Not because they want the land and are greedy.. they just want to rule everyone so this creates an even bigger conflict that will last :)
  11. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I'll be joining the Exiles.

I find the Dominion just plain unlikeable considering everything they've done in the past. But hating them? That'll be easy :p FOR ARBORIA!

I'll be making a Dominion alt though (assuming we can make characters on both factions) for when I feel like playing a furry little mad scientist :p I'll get the Dominion side of the lore too then.
  12. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

I have absolutely no idea.

I initially had my heart set on an Exile Human Spellslinger Explorer. Yes it's because of the trailer, but I much prefer the idea that I'm a free explorer as opposed to doing the dominions bidding. On the other hand, the Mechari are epic beyond belief, but so are the Granok. I'm not really feeling the Draken, maybe they remind me too much of the Charr and their horrible armor clipping issues.

But the girlfriend wants a Chua, so I guess i'll end up being a 9 foot tall robotic bodyguard, yeehaw!!
  13. Prototyper

Prototyper New Cupcake

All of you have to see aurin male is like draken(almost,but maybe will change your mind) and as i can see most of you guys will become dominion...hmm both exiles and dominions are nice
  14. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

It was hard, but I think i am a Exile, except if the new race for the Dominion isn't something that will blow me away.
  15. Minutemike

Minutemike New Cupcake

Going Exile why.....Cute southern bell redhead nough said
  16. Nesphito

Nesphito Cupcake

I like both sides, I am leaning more towards Dominion, but I know a couple people who would rather play Exile. I like both so it doesn't really matter.
  17. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Hi. This is a male Aurin.
    Kurik likes this.
  18. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Unfortunately that might become the most popular hairstyle in-game. :p
  19. Devisi

Devisi New Cupcake

I'm definitely going play a female Human or one of those lovely and super cute Aurin. No matter what I'm going to choose, it will be Exile for sure.
  20. MrsJ

MrsJ New Cupcake

It is so hard to decide! I'm not sure how I'll choose, and am waiting to find out about the unannounced races...maybe that will help me decide.

Either way, seeing as I'm a girl who loves my alts, I'll probably be playing both fields at first anyway before I stick to one and swear my allegiance xD Unless I get won over before then.