1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Exiles vs Dominion, Both too enticing!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by clack, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Sundae6AM

Sundae6AM New Cupcake

I still don't know where i'll end up. I tend to go with the least populated faction and from what i've seen so far lurking on this forum is that the Dominion seems to attract more peoples. So i guess I'll be an Exile as I like to try to balance things out.

I won't make a final decision until all the races/classes are revealed.
  2. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

The Dominion. (*fanfare!*) Why? Elegance, class, panache. Superior breeding. A glorious history of ascension and expansion. The Dominion (*fanfare!*)represents the best, brightest, and, quite possibly, -only- hope this galaxy has for a future beyond lawlessness and barbarism. The Dominion (*fanfare!*)is in every way a cut above that infamous band of ragtag miscreants and rabble-rousers, to whom I shall now refer as "the competition"... but only in the loosest and most charitable sense of the word.

This alleged "competition" of ours -- yes, I know it's absurd, but please hold your laughter -- cites what they consider a most impressive list of grievances against us, the Dominion (*fanfare!*), as justification for this woefully misguided war they've chosen to declare upon their betters. For the slower ones among you, those betters would be us.

The Dominion. (*fanfar--* *gunshots* *silence*)

Now, then. This questionable assembly of outlaws has apparently come under the impression that we, the Dominion, have wronged them all in one terrible fashion or another. Those boulder-headed rock-brutes are somehow angry at us for their belligerent refusal of our gracious hospitality. Those... floppy-eared tree-things are upset about... commerce and industry, it seems. As though it's our fault they don't know what to do with good real estate. And as for those lawless brigands who ostensibly lead this pack... well.

The Dominion -will- bring order and decency to this galaxy. You -will- submit. Your days of harrassing the innocent, LAW-ABIDING people of the civilized world are numbered. Should you choose to continue to stand in the way of progress, you -will- be run into the ground.

That is all.
    Tagspeech, Rogosh and Jynetik like this.
  3. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

The exiles look the best so I'm going with them. I'm not one for lore, I'm one for looking amazing ;)
  4. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

I'm sort of with you there. Honestly, when it all comes down to it you're just going to want to look the best and I agree that Exiles look awesome. So that's where I'll be.
  5. Tagspeech

Tagspeech New Cupcake

It's become my understanding that there are unaffiliated individuals. I would just like to remind those listening that the Dominion is not a civilization - it is the foundation of higher life. I am aware that there have been contentions in the past between Dominion efforts and indigenous peoples - my peers would scoff at me for this admission, but I strive to be a magnanimous woman.

With great power comes great responsibility, after all - that's something noble-minded Cassians say to remind themselves that slamming down the martial solution is not always the best option. Being the chosen people of the cosmos wouldn't mean much if all of our subjects resented us, now would it? I digress.

The point is this: all the Dominion has ever wanted for the lesser peoples of the galaxy is to elevate them to their highest potential. Every species of sapient lifeform is different. All deserve a well-formed slot in the Imperial Engine that best suits their genetic and cultural predispositions. I understand that it is galling, and a blow to pride, to have a greater power show up on your doorstep and tell you that there are better ways to start fire than banging rocks together, or that perhaps ritual sacrifice of eldest children is not the best obstetrics plan for population expansion.

We don't do these things to make you feel badly about yourselves, future friends. We do these things to accelerate your integration into the harmony of the greater galaxy. It wouldn't do for a Draken to entertain thoughts of leadership or higher rule - Draken just wouldn't be happy in such an oppressive, stressful, thankless, and frankly inglorious position of responsibility. The same could be said for Granok, or those other creatures; knowing one's place is the first step to happiness. Accepting it is the next.

After that, self-perfection. All it takes is a little humility, diligence, and discipline. If kindly, unaffiliated Xeno-sapients find themselves lacking in those virtues, the Dominion will happily humble you. A good Mother gives with one hand, and swats at laziness, rudeness, and inappropriate behavior with the other. Why, my mother gave me plenty of scars as a child - and I am worlds better for it.

So, at last I say to all those unaffiliated, lost souls - you will find your place with us. The Dominion gives generously to those that strive to uplift themselves. The Universe is cooling as we speak. We can't sit in trees picking flowers and sniffing each other's backsides for eons.

There's just no time for it.
    Eluldor, Freja, Jynetik and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Them bunny looking people are too cute to bypass.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  7. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

You're damn right they are.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

The Dominion thinks too highly of itself to look at their actions with an objective eye. An excuse for social engineering of the races is just that; an excuse. No person knows what's best for another, most certainly not the despots that govern the Dominion. Destroying planets in order to "assimilate" the races of the galaxy is hardly wanting races to reach their greatest potential, unless your idea of greatest potential is genocide or ethnocide.

Law and what's right are not equals, nor do they equal each other. We Exiles fight because our basic rights to exist as we choose are threatened by self-imposed "do-gooders" who see fit to treat the intergalactic races unaffiliated with the Dominion as they please as if they were gods, but they most certainly aren't. I killed a few just the other day after their party decided to bomb our encampment on Nexus. Great "Dominion galactic diplomacy" you got there. If diplomacy is slaughter, then cheese is wine, buckets are integers, and language is relative. I'll make my life how I want it to be. This is the Exiles' way.

Don't like it? Try to stop us, but we've avoided your "diplomacy" for countless years. I doubt that'll change on Nexus. Impose as you like, we Exiles will continue to resist, continue to choose for ourselves, and continue to eliminate Dominion pawn like ants until our sovereignty is soundly understood throughout the galaxy.

Bring it on!
    Tagspeech, Dannan and Apostate like this.
  9. Tagspeech

Tagspeech New Cupcake

Really, what is a planet? It's just an extremely large rock. Let's not be too sentimental - after a generation or two, particularly with the right education, any species can be a comfortable, productive member of our society. That said, I of course would rather not destroy anyone's planets if it can be helped. But I certainly can't respect anyone's claims of 'ownership' over any space rocks just because their species evolved on its surface over billions of years. We need every ounce of the galaxy's resources to be used to the fullest if we're to have any hope of long-term peace.

I do admire your spirit. But there is more to a full life than doing whatever you please at any given moment.
    Freja likes this.
  10. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

As an Englishman I feel honour bound to be a member of the mighty Dominion.
    Tagspeech likes this.
  11. Lekore

Lekore New Cupcake

Domion races are so awesome much cooler in my opinion than their exile counterparts. Howver, i like the exiles style more im not down with the stuck up imperial conquer everything atttude...... But robots r so super coolz i cant decide!!!
  12. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

Lok'tar ogar! For the Exiles!
  13. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

As a social creature, I will usually wait until I know what faction my friends will be playing before I settle down to make my main. For the Dominion it'd be Mechari because eff yeah robots or Draken because rawrr and the Exiles it's either Redactoids because I like snarky dead scientists or Aurin because fluffy!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  14. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

YES!!! YES!!! THIS!!!!
  15. Blade

Blade Cupcake

All depends on where my friend wants to play.

If Exiles, I'll go with the Undead.
    If Dominion, I'll go with the Mechari.

I figure my friend might want to play the Dominion as they are just stereotypical badguys.
  16. Prototyper

Prototyper New Cupcake

[​IMG]that's a male aurin