1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Explorer Path, Hopes and Dreams

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Jaxom, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Surely MMO players won't be THAT immat-- I can't keep going... you're right :p
    Rakkis, clack and Bellaby like this.
  2. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

There aren't videos & a ton of information available for every path yet, but I like what the explorer path has to offer, or at least what we think it has to offer.

With the intention of rolling a healing-focused character to start, I like the idea of exploring every inch of what Wildstar has to offer.

Then again, a scientist trailer could change everything... lol
  3. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

I feel like the path people pick may end up being influenced by their class, and that'd just be the worst thing ever :[ ...

(Warrior/Soldier, Esper/Scientist, Spellslinger/Explorer...)
  4. clack

clack New Cupcake

Heh, I imagined having to choose, let's say, three words from a given word bank (ie caution death below), but if we were to be allowed complete freedom, I can see this happening.

I noticed in the explorer video that there are flags being planted. Anyone know if they are permanent? And what they represent? I'd love to see a guild logo, or even something on a personal level, my character name or hey! Even a mugshot!
    Bellaby likes this.
  5. Bellaby

I'd imagine it's just a "spell animation", and dissappears after a minute or two. That or these locations are dynamic instances, so everyone sees their own flag there after planting it, but no one else's.
  6. clack

clack New Cupcake

Well, whatever it ends up being, I hope it lasts for a while. That's what explorers do, they leave stuff at the cool places they reach. If you climb to any peak, you'll see a little pile of rocks left by previous adventurers. A flag was planted on the moon, and as far as we know, is still there. I'd love to see a mechanic like that.
  7. Bellaby

Rocks in the shape of wieners and swears : o
    clack likes this.
  8. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

I like the idea of the Explorer path. Main focus is seeing every part of the planet, discovering hidden treasures. Be a great RP path. The only problem I have with it is the time between each major quest or so. I have this thought that there wouldnt be many quests, or they would be far and few between. Or I could be wrong, as a Explorer you could accept any quest that resides in or to a new area.
  9. meatypickle

meatypickle New Cupcake

Would be cool to be able too "tag" somewhere you have been.
  10. Yermoh

Yermoh Cupcake

like... "xXx Folk master xXx was here (`∀´)Ψ" ?
  11. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

It might be that was for some people, but it's great that it doesn't have to be. My first two characters that I roll will be Explorer and Scientist paths for sure (I love lore and exploring). As for the classes stand now I'm looking at the Warrior and Stalker classes as my top picks (may change with the last class reveals) both bust'em up classes and yet I have little to no interest in the Soldier path currently, well maybe the assassination missions.